Founder

Default How do people use their staff clickies (getting ready for free Sireth)?

In anticipation of my free Sireth I LRed my clonk into a cleric 13/rogue 5/monk 2 with GTHF/OC.

I'm finding it hard to optimize my order of attacks with so many clicky options. Right now I go down the line with:
    Quick strike, momentum swing, lay waste, ameliorating strike, fist of iron, earth strike III, earth strike II, earth finisher, great cleave, cleave
    If one of the attacks to the left comes off cool down I switch back to it before going down the right further.

I didn't bother to pick up the other acrobat attacks because of limited AP and I already feel like I have too many clicky attacks.
    Is this similar to what other people do?

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    In anticipation of my free Sireth I LRed my clonk into a cleric 13/rogue 5/monk 2 with GTHF/OC.

I'm finding it hard to optimize my order of attacks with so many clicky options. Right now I go down the line with:
    Quick strike, momentum swing, lay waste, ameliorating strike, fist of iron, earth strike III, earth strike II, earth finisher, great cleave, cleave
    If one of the attacks to the left comes off cool down I switch back to it before going down the right further.

I didn't bother to pick up the other acrobat attacks because of limited AP and I already feel like I have too many clicky attacks.
    No lightning mace?

So I'm curious about this "free" sireth
    I know not what you speak of outlander, please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    So I'm curious about this "free" sireth
    I know not what you speak of outlander, please elaborate
    When U20 goes live on Tues, anyone who has either run a raid which is not Chrono or TS, or who has tred since U19 went live will receive a Raiders Reward box, which contains your choice of CiTW items or 5 heroic comms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

Similar. Honestly, as great as LD is, this is why I don't like it; 25 clicky attacks and 12 boosts (okay, I exaggerate, but only a tiny bit). My order would be Quick Strike, LW, MS, sweeping strike, GC, cleave, ameliorating strike, lightning mace, fist of iron, earth strike III, earth strike II, earth finisher.... which is STILL 12 attacks, making me think the last 5 could all be dropped without any impact to DPS (last 6 technically, but you want the heals I'm sure). Besides which 12 doesn't fit on 1 hotbar, making it a real pain to cycle through them all (to me, more than 5 is a pain). On top of that since the cooldown on the cleaves is only 3 sec and they reset MS, which resets LW I spend more time watching my hotbars for things resetting (especially since resets are bugged and will un-reset if you don't use right away) than I do watching the combat and occasionally forget to heal myself resulting in death.

Even on my ginsu running in FotW it will be stunning blow, volcano, fists, strike III, strike II, finisher with adrenaline sprinkled in and cleave/GC as needed, which is too many.
    Last edited by Inoukchuk; 11-11-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Interesting thread.

Spencerian may give me a tongue lashing for this, but I generally drop the standard Elemental strikes from my hotbars when I have enough clicky attacks to go around.... thre's too many other attacks to cycle through effectively contributing to DPS that missing out on these is not a massive deal.

Also, consider, as good as LD is there's other choices for Staff Wielders. My own Staff build is GMoF (and hence another 4 clickies!) as the innate +3DC on Combat Tactics are vital to what he does (QP, essentially).
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Spencerian may give me a tongue lashing for this, but I generally drop the standard Elemental strikes from my hotbars when I have enough clicky attacks to go around.... thre's too many other attacks to cycle through effectively contributing to DPS that missing out on these is not a massive deal.
    I guess my problem with that is that the earth finisher is +2 crit mult. On Sireth that ends up making it 13-20/x5. If you are in FOTW and doing it before an adrenaline that is almost as good as an exalted smite.

I could potentially drop the earth strikes and just use the finisher when fist of iron charges it.

The other thing with staffs is that lay waste/momentum swing/cleave/great cleave don't give glancing blows but the earth strikes do.
    Also cleave animations do not benefit from the acrobatics +15%/haste/haste boost but the earth strikes do.
    I'm not sure about ameliorating strike though....