Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lost over a hundred items after TRing

So I TRd one of my characters two days ago. It took me a while to realize it, but my TR cache had only about 30 items in it; a far cry from the 100+ from the previous life (not including what was in bags, which are all gone). I tried removing a few items from the cache to see if any would take their place, but nothing. I filed a bug report, but I'm not expecting any help from it. This has never happened to me before and it sucks.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

OH, MY GOD!

I feel sorry for you and I'm afraid of TRing now...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ouch, this sounds very nasty. I'm sorry that this happened to you.
    It's definitely an N-word.

What was the situation where were the items when you Trrrd?

Checked the mail?

The missing items were kept in both the bank and inventory after I emptied out my previous cache since there was so much stuff. No lost item mail, unfortunately.

Community Member

Ouch. My sympathies OP.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default I hope they look into getting all your stuff back and put in Overtime if they have to

TF!

Speechless!

I cannot imagine what you are going through.

http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...2&tx=198&ty=74
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-09-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Did you TR at lag 30?

They need to start doing something about the lost items due to storage fail. One solution would be to allow the character to keep its inventory and bank slots, but just not earn any more from the same source, and then when we TR, the items stay where they are rather than get moved to a cache.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mithiirym View Post
    I filed a bug report, but I'm not expecting any help from it.
    Bug reporting it is good, but won't get any response to you personally. Did you also open a Help Ticket?
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    Bug reporting it is good, but won't get any response to you personally. Did you also open a Help Ticket?
    The help ticket response was that they can't/won't help me and to file a bug report. So I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

The help ticket response was that they can't/won't help me and to file a bug report. So I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.
    Open a customer support ticket, not an in-game ticket. Those have better chances of being able to help you.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Founder

In-Game GMs can never help with lost items, Reincarnation problems, Enhancement / ED issues, Store issues etc. For those types of problems, create a ticket here:

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default Bump.

Any update would be helpful as this is game breaking if not fixed.

What is the status on this?

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Any update would be helpful as this is game breaking if not fixed.

What is the status on this?
    No reply so far from the bug report I filed. I'm not even touching that character in the meantime. I'm about ready to TR another one, but now I'm not sure if it's safe.

ouch this is how I would react if this happened to me...............................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUbHPK4bgk

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default I was afraid of TRing also

So I TRd one of my characters two days ago. It took me a while to realize it, but my TR cache had only about 30 items in it; a far cry from the 100+ from the previous life (not including what was in bags, which are all gone). I tried removing a few items from the cache to see if any would take their place, but nothing. I filed a bug report, but I'm not expecting any help from it. This has never happened to me before and it sucks.
    Sorry for your pain and problems. I was worried about TRing also, but I did this beforehand.

For me, not everything I have is BTA or BTC. I am sure you have more BTA and BTC stuff than me.

Make another free account. Turbine allows multiple game instances with the launcher.

Play the free account and your current character you want to TR at the same time. By doing this you run the Coin Lord favor quests to give your free account the 75 coin lord favor for the next inventory window.

This gives you 100 inventory slots or so. The four on the character and the one in the bank.

Move as much junk from the soon to TR character to the free account that you can. You can also move stuff from other characters to free up space for BTA if you need to.

It is a logistic pain to do it this way, but it ensures that I won't be angry if there are TR problems. I have read of too many TR problems, that I try to alleviate Turbine of as much as I can, so when Turbine gets their fingers in my TRs, there is not a lot of heavy lifting to be done by Turbine.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

You silly, you should've checked your buy-back.

Oh, wait nvm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Community Member

this will not help the OP but i think i will do the following.

prior to tr:

put everythimg that is not bound on the A$AH for whatever the max price is

put as many BTA items into shared bank/alts as possible

cross my fingers, sacrafice a chicken

then tr with only BtC stuff
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

See this is where ddo support is a big fat fail. What should really happen is the response should be to gather all info and forward a ticket on your behalf to the proper channels, that's fricken customer service. Fail is fail.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast