Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be honest here, it was only ever intended to only grant the DC if you're wielding one of the aforementioned weapons (and thus benefiting from the CHA to hit and damage). The text does not reflect this properly, and will be corrected. In this case, the fix is a change in text because the text is unclear. The ability is meant to represent the Knight's training with swords, so the DC bonus only applies if you're wielding one.

That said, Quivering Palm (which uses Sunder's DC bonuses) can be used with Monk weapons, which includes Shortswords and Longswords if you have the feat/enhancement to make them qualify as Monk weapons. This does not work right now, and will also be corrected. Any Monk abilities that use Tactical Feat DCs (Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow) should benefit from Knight training provided the Monk is wielding a Sword and that the ability can be used while doing so.
    Oh dear, you're gonna pull another Legendary Dreadnought on us? "No no, it's supposed to be broken with wraps, cause of reasons untold in the destiny descriptions... And totally not because we can't figure out out to increase crit range with wraps..."
    We want more Monster Manuals.

To be honest here, it was only ever intended to only grant the DC if you're wielding one of the aforementioned weapons (and thus benefiting from the CHA to hit and damage). The text does not reflect this properly, and will be corrected. In this case, the fix is a change in text because the text is unclear. The ability is meant to represent the Knight's training with swords, so the DC bonus only applies if you're wielding one.

That said, Quivering Palm (which uses Sunder's DC bonuses) can be used with Monk weapons, which includes Shortswords and Longswords if you have the feat/enhancement to make them qualify as Monk weapons. This does not work right now, and will also be corrected. Any Monk abilities that use Tactical Feat DCs (Trip, Sunder, Stunning Blow) should benefit from Knight training provided the Monk is wielding a Sword and that the ability can be used while doing so.
    Kukan-Do?

Community Member

Yeah, I called that one. Luckily this wasn't the one that would affect a lot of my characters, this time...

Heres the problem, when you put something new in the game that says this or that in its text decription, and it is left in several months without showing up in the known issues list as a description that is incorrect, people are going to make builds using synergies that depend how it says it works.

It makes you waste hours and hours of play when you have to reroll for a text change and REALLY ****es off affected players. Most players don't even realize the thing that affected how they made the build never worked in the first place, all they know is their build isn't competing well at high level. Im someone who does figure out what the culprit is when a build isn't performing because im able to foresee what a build will be capable of before it matures and the synergies click in and I can "feel" when something isn't kosher and I narrow down whats not working if the build warrants the effort. Quite often it ends up being something that I don't want to report because the ripple effects from the fix will nail more builds.

Its very frustrating, the only real fix is to get stuff right the first time (including the descriptions) WAY more often.

Edit: I should add that back when I used to report bugs they very very rarely got fixed regardless. The likely reason is I often find obscure bugs that only affect builds that very few people are playing, from a resource management point of view these are low priority, I get that, but the fact has made bug reporting something I rarely bother with. Logically, any bug affecting a lot of players(the types of bugs that get high priority) has already been reported enough for it to be on the list. (the real list, not the "known issues" list).
    Last edited by 01000010; 11-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post

Its very frustrating, the only real fix is to get stuff right the first time (including the descriptions) WAY more often.
    Maybe Turbine should start putting out abilities with two text descriptions. One text explains how they intend it to work. The other text tells how it actually works.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Maybe Turbine should start putting out abilities with two text descriptions. One text explains how they intend it to work. The other text tells how it actually works.
    Its simple really, before it goes live, have the playtesters check every new addition to make sure it does what it says. If they aren't creative enough to figure out builds/situations that will test the stuff get someone new.

I don't care if there is a bug and text is altered to reflect actual coding before it goes live, ill see that there is no synergy or combo for a build and choose something else, nobody wastes their time and effort. Happy players who don't feel like there characters are being devoured by bugs.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Thanks for the response, just a point of order:

The more information we can get about a particular issue, the easier it is for us to track down the issue in question. If all we have to go off of is "x ability is broken", that could mean any one of dozens of potential issues. If instead, we get:
    "X ability seems to do nothing at all"
    "X ability gives one kind of bonus when it says it gives something else"
    "X ability doesn't seem to stack with my weapons"
    "X ability can't be taken from the enhancement tree"

We can track down the issue much more effectively. In this particular case, how is the faster sneaking ability broken? Do you not sneak faster?

Thanks!
    They are broken as in they do not give the stated bonus at all. No crit range increase. I don't know how to be more helpful except by listing really astoundingly obvious stuff like "equip a shuriken with ninja spy capstone that is supposed to give 2 extra crit range and it does nothing. same with Kensei and same with halfing crit range enhancements.

Faster sneaking was an attempt at sarcasm, you made it so you can no longer stack ninja spy, rogue and ranger faster sneaking. Which made a rather fun, but not in any way over powered "super fast sneaking" build, this builds only synergy (at all) was a thrower focused halfing or shadar kai (thus getting +1w to thrown attacks, making throwing slightly less Gimpy but still not viable as anything but a flavor build. So in short I was bitter that you took a minor synergy away by fixing it so they don't stack.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

There are a few fixes for PDK bugs coming in Update 21 (possibly sooner), if you'd care to elaborate on which abilities and enhancements are "broke as hell", we can better make sure we catch them.
    I just wanted to say thanks for the bugs that have been correctly addressed and also say they're "fix as hell".

TY

Community Member

Default no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I just wanted to say thanks for the bugs that have been correctly addressed and also say they're "fix as hell".

TY
    100% agree, sounds like they will be fixed as hell soon. Im assuming by fixed you mean neutered and not entirely working enhancement-wise.

I got my dog fixed the other day. But he still has fleas.

Community Member

Since you are looking at this thread Steelstar, I would like to mention a couple of Paladin enhancements that are "broke as hell", and yes, I have bug reported these.

The KoTC capstone "Champion of Good" does not correctly apply the attribute "good" to equipped weapons.

Also, Vigor of Life (also from the KoTC tree) applies 10% healing amp for each level (there are 3) taken. At least when all three are taken, Vigor of Life healing amp no longer works after you have died, and either rezzed yourself or been rezzed. The only way to get it working again is to relog (hard to do in the middle of Shroud, for example, after you die due to a quest mechanic....).

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12