Community Member

Default What spell pt gear stacks with Wizwar?

Q.

Title Explained.

What spell point gear stacks with War Wizard Commendation gear?

I always thought it was a substitution for Green Steel Spell point/mana gear. Read on another thread that it might stack with Green Steel.

What else stacks?
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 11-08-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

??

G....Ho....ST.......Ba......N..........E.......... ..........................................?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    To repeat what has already been said (numerous times, including once already in this thread): The DDO team is made up of a wide diversity of players, covering just about the entire spectrum of the player base. We have some that I believe would self-identify and in general be considered hardcore, others who are more casual. Some who are into the role play part of the game, some who have played permadeath, many who have spent time and effort acquiring gear and such. They bring both their professional and personal opinions to the decision-making process (in meetings, etc.) It's a good thing! Finally, I'm not at all embarrassed about how I play, not sure where you'd get that idea.

Ok, I'll bite. What is a Wizwar?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

I guess Wizwar might be Wizard's Ward, but that doesn't have any spell point bonuses on it, so... all of it?

I'm guessing that either Wizwar is something else, or you mean spell power rather than spell points? If so then an implement bonus (such as from a weapon with both an enhancement bonus and a spellpower property) would stack, or a psionic bonus such as from the Planar Focus of Erudition, which you'd need to activate with a Caught in the Web weapon.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I think I solved that mistery.

SPELL PT must be some weird way to call mana.

WIZWARD is probably war wizards, which means gear aquried by their comms.

If yes, the answer is:
    Extra mana is the same type as GS accesory of its size, and don't stacks.
    Mana cost discount is the same type as magiter ED, cleric coms set and green dragon armor.

Community Member

bump

I was in a rush typing on my phone.

Title explained in OP.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    What spell point gear stacks with War Wizard Commendation gear?
    All other spell point gear will stack with war wizards except for the sametier of green steel spell points. So you could put 50 sp on your greensteel and have that stack with 100 sp from war wizards, but 100sp on greensteel won't stack with the war wizard 100sp.

Note that other spell point items (wizardry, magi, archmagi) mostly won't stack with each other. There's a trinket from Crystal Cove that offers a small amount of additional stacking sp, and if you have old guild augment slot items, those will stack (if slotted with sp, anyway). But all of these will stack with the war wizard stuff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    All other spell point gear will stack with war wizards except for the sametier of green steel spell points. So you could put 50 sp on your greensteel and have that stack with 100 sp from war wizards, but 100sp on greensteel won't stack with the war wizard 100sp.

Note that other spell point items (wizardry, magi, archmagi) mostly won't stack with each other. There's a trinket from Crystal Cove that offers a small amount of additional stacking sp, and if you have old guild augment slot items, those will stack (if slotted with sp, anyway). But all of these will stack with the war wizard stuff.
    All the War Wizard commendation gear has robes (like archmagi), Necklace (+100) and Bracers (+50). I just put this on shrine, buff then take some off. I think it is the same a Green Steel, wizardry, magi, archmagi, and none of these stack with the equivalent War Wiz item. If so let me know. So what else besides Guild gem?

Community Member

Oh duh, I should have looked up all the war wizard gear. I thought the only sp item was the +100sp necklace. Yeah, that set won't stack with any basic sp gear (you could get a +225 or +250 sp item, but it would overlap with archmagi, not stack).

Items that boost whatever your spell point stat is will give a few extra sp (eg, +10 wis for clerics, +11 int for wizards, etc), though.

If you want more sp, look into feats, enhancements, and also sp recovery options. Mysterious Bauble is "worth" about 300 sp per rest, for example. DDO wiki has a comprehensive list here: http://ddowiki.com/page/Spell_point#...Point_Recovery

Also the war wizard set is kind of bad if you have access to stuff like green steel.

Community Member

GS is one slot, but War Wiz is so easy to get. Just zerg Lost Thread, and have party give their commendations to you in end chest if they don't need it. Nice xp too especially now with xp reset. I just got my shortcut bars to transfer to melee gear as I reduce my mana from buffs and spells. My GS is HP, and I can clean it, but have not bothered.

Community Member

Of course it's super easy to get. It's meant to be basic gear for people just hitting 20 on their first character. That way, they know every single character will have access to the bare minimum effects they need to run epics--which was a concern at the time, because Update 14 opened epics from an elite endgame to an all-characters progression. Most of the commendation items are worse than what you can get elsewhere, although there are a few (eg, PDK gloves) that have very little competition.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    Of course it's super easy to get. It's meant to be basic gear for people just hitting 20 on their first character. That way, they know every single character will have access to the bare minimum effects they need to run epics--which was a concern at the time, because Update 14 opened epics from an elite endgame to an all-characters progression. Most of the commendation items are worse than what you can get elsewhere, although there are a few (eg, PDK gloves) that have very little competition.

Do you mean in terms of having to swap or what they have on them?
    I have the WarWiz, Cleric, and PDK. I have the villager bracers for Parry. These also fit will with the Drow gear like the cloak and goggles. I have free slots for goggles GS HP, belt and boots and a ring for Deadly, Accuracy, dex, resistance, seeker, Goatskin boots, etc. Trinket is Holy Sym of Lolth to even out stats to +8.

If you can live with +7 stats I like them. They all have insight that stack. The commendation gear has 3 effects on them average. Where else can u find that? Maybe with the colored slots I guess now, but augments are expensive to swap as u lvl and expensive to get.

You have to be a little more organized too. I will give the commendation gear that. I have shortcut bars set up for Wizwar to rest, then PDK and Drow is moved into for melee as I use the mana boost from Warwiz. Also have Cleric for EE raid healing for the 10% discount. Where else do you get a 10% discount on mana use?

What other gear are you talking about?
    I would like examples to see what I am missing. After all the commendation gear is lvl20 and we are capped at lvl28 now. I guess you want +9 and +3 exceptional? But unless you have like 3 greensteel items you lose some nice effects from this stuff I would guess.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 11-10-2013 at 10:44 AM.