Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen
I don't really care about loot, so I don't really understand all the hubaloo. That said I do appreciate you guys being more communicative and I really hope it continues. With any luck it'll quell some of the nastier forumites.
Last edited by enochiancub; 11-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis
Hubaloo sounds like some sort of centralised temporary toilet.
Sorry. Please continue.
Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.
The Burst prefixes will come back. I've seen a lot of people asking for them. While they're not as powerful as the "Flaming II" you could get instead of Flaming Burst, but they are very close and not everything needs to be exactly equal... it does help to have some variety.
- Flaming Burst
- Shocking Burst
- Icy Burst
- Acid Burst
New weapon AoE damage prefixes that can appear on Epic-level loot.
The below list of prefixes appear rarely in addition to one of the normal things you'd get as a prefix on your item. They match roughly in theme- as an example, Tempestuous could come with either Shocking or Shrieking paired with it.
Some of these are old names, but they do new things.
- Infernal - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of flame ignites your target, dealing 4 to 16 damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
- Meteoric (Can only be found in the highest level treasure) - 2% Chance On Hit: A falling star strikes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Fire Damage and 1 to 6 Bludgeoning Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies. Affected foes must also make a DC (20+Item Level) Reflex Saving Throw or be knocked prone.
- Glacial - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of glacial frost chills your target, dealing 7 to 14 Cold Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
- Erosive - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of acid corrodes your target, dealing 3 to 18 Acid Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
- Tempestuous - 2% Chance On Hit: A bolt of lightning strikes your target, dealing 1 to 20 Electric Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
- Righteous - 2% Chance On Hit: A blast of holy energy strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Good Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby non-good enemies.
- Kinetic - 2% Chance On Hit: A burst of magical force strikes your target, dealing 3 to 12 Force Damage per Minimum Level of this item to all nearby enemies.
4 new weapon suffixes: (Bringing the amount of suffixes at each given Enhancement Value to between 12 and 14)
- Humanoid Bane (Combination of Human Bane, Elf Bane, Dwarf Bane, Halfling Bane, Orc Bane, Goblinoid Bane, Monstrous Humanoid Bane, Reptillian Humanoid Bane, and Giant Bane.
- Natural Bane (Combination of Animal Bane, Vermin Bane, Plant Bane, Magical Beast Bane, and Fey Bane)
- Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
- Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)
This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.
Awesome start! Thanks man!
I could totally see myself going for a Feeding weapon. That's a nice combination of effects right there.
So, example: will a Meteoric Holy Khopesh of Humanoid Bane be:
or will it just be:
Or alternatively, Unnatural Bane, combining Aberrations, Constructs and Oozes?
Then perhaps Magical Creature Bane could combine Elemental Bane, Magical Beast Bane and Evil Outsider Bane.
Last edited by Fnordian; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.
To Feather of Sun, you mention that Meteoric would only be available on "the highest level loot". Would you care to elaborate on what you mean by that? EE Stormhorns on an ultra rare (only happened once and was bugged anyway) +3 loot weekend with a +2 gem, chest blesser and treasure map (level 36)? That's what max level means to me. Or do you mean level 31 which would appear to be the max current loot level?
Also, the "burst" effects are popular with players due to the +2 enhancement value. Flaming is +1, Flaming Burst is +2. Blazing under the MotU system was a +4 if I remember correctly and wasn't considered "worth it" by players, not because it wasn't more powerful, but because it wasn't really worth the +4 enhancement value.
Last edited by redspecter23; 11-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen
For comparison, the old Flaming Burst, Holy, Flaming Blast, and Incineration all together are worse than Flaming VIII by itself.
Flaming II is 2-8 damage on hit. It's better under nearly all circumstances.
That said, I don't mind putting the bursts back in, it adds variety to that level range of treasure!
It sets "Ghost Touch = TRUE" on your weapon.
Or are you trying to troll me? If so, good job.
Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 11-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.
whilst you're working on weapons etc.
Please fix a couple of things breaking Celestia's :
The Warpriest Favored weapons enhancements need to be changed to +1 to hit and damage and +3 usp when your favored weapon is equipped.
edit* The new Epic destiny arcane pastlife granting +1 enhancement toggle will break it too
Last edited by fTdOmen; 11-09-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Oozebane should always have included Everbright, btw.
Knowledge is power.
Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".
Oozebane bundled with Everbright would be awesome.
And hey, if you're gonna bring back Elemental Burst, why not make it a suffix and give it extra levels that do the more exotic "fun" stuff, so that it can be combined with the practical but basic prefix to create a true themed weapon? For example...
For Air/Earth/Fire/Water Bursts beyond I, stuff like:
...weapon procs Vulnerable / Improved Destruction / Burning / Lethargy on (hit, crit, vorpal, whatever)
...weapon casts Electric Loop / Acid Arrow / Scorch / Snowball Swarm on (condition)
...weapon vorpals creatures of the opposing elemental subtype on vorpal
...weapon dispels target's Blur and Displacement / Stoneskin / Fire Shield (Cold) / Fire Shield (Hot) on (condition)
and then we could make or find Flaming Longswords +X of Fire Burst that might have properties like +3d4 Fire damage, +3 enhancement bonus, deals an additional +2D10 fire damage on crit and casts a level X Scorch on Vorpal; and that would be like a +8 or +9 weapon.
Very nice, Thank you Feather.
One concern I have though is with the following:
Epic Ward (on Epic Hard / Epic Elite) causes a mob to regen negative levels and stat damage (which they're 90% resistant to in the first place) every 3 seconds. If the suffix is only 1 neg level, instead of 1d3 or 1d4, 99.999999999999999% (may be a small bit of hyperbole) the mob will regen that neg before you will vorpal again.
So, obviously, the solution is to just get rid of Epic Ward (PLEEEEEZ!). CR 70 Mobs with 130,000 HP don't need blanket immunities that prevent non-max-DPS classes to get them On-The-Die again.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload