Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Oathblade can make a sad face, its a wussy little longsword. Mine's a bastard sword.

If you spend a little time crafting you'll see that its not based on enhancement. The base was an AML20 2[W], I checked when I blanked it. Epic Weapon adds another dice on top, so its 3d10. Plus all the extras from being a hand-and-a-half weapon and twf feats.

Plus, we're talking "easily farmed" vs "10 minutes crafting"... yeah still a good weapon AT LVL 20.
    Oathblade, I believe, is also a vorpal weapon. No need to beat them down to zero if that can be done with a single swing.

And it takes far less time to get 15 PDK comms then is does to get 80+ levels in crafting to do the weapon you just described.

I like crafting boss-beaters via Cannith Crafting, but the realization is that most crafted boss beaters lack some of the truly exceptional stuff you need on them. I mean, you can find a silver weapon, deconstruct it, then re-craft it. But without Vorpal, Smite, and Disruption available iwhether you craft will always be second-best.

Community Member

Actually Cannith Crafting is very useful for people who TR a lot, as it lets you make low level gear where YOU are the one choosing the bonuses. In heroic levels it does very well, but yes as soon as you hit level 21 it starts going downhill.

Default Not useless

As a level 28 monk (pure melee) I still use crafted handwraps - I have Antipode and EE adamantine knuckles but my silver treaded holy handwraps of vampirism (with eldritch force ritual) can't be beat. Sure the EE adamantine knuckles do an extra 1.5W and Antipode does several extra 1d6 (of various types) but the 1-3 healing (4-6 with amps) per hit keeps me alive as monks hit very rapidly (cleave and whirlwind). I can solo EH Brothers of the Forge (no hireling) as a pure melee build using crafted handwraps.
    (Combat): You are hit by your knockdown.

Community Member

Well yeah, it's not completely useless. However I there is likely better equipment to get past level 20 as while we have gotten level cap increased since cap was 20, crafting has not been updated since level cap and thus is not creating optimal gear for 28 atm. This could change, more recipes could be added and augments might also become a part of Cannith crafting too. It all depends upon when Cannith crafting gets a much needed update.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123