Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Who says crafting is useless after lvl20?

So I just had my crafter hit 20 first life, and went to the crafting hall to make him a new sword. I went and found a 2[W] blank with a red augment slot and made a +5 Holy Burst/Pure Good with a 1-8 Frost ruby, then added Force Critical for good measure. ML20. Good like finding one of those in random loot :P

Yes I know its probably not going to be that great in a few levels, but for level 20 its a pretty sweet piece.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    So I just had my crafter hit 20 first life, and went to the crafting hall to make him a new sword. I went and found a 2[W] blank with a red augment slot and made a +5 Holy Burst/Pure Good with a 1-8 Frost ruby, then added Force Critical for good measure. ML20. Good like finding one of those in random loot :P

Yes I know its probably not going to be that great in a few levels, but for level 20 its a pretty sweet piece.
    Oathblade made a sad face at this remark

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Oathblade

I know, you're on a first life and can't expect to have 15 coms just lying around, but your crafted weapon is about as good as you can craft and it's still a shadow of an easily farmed weapon. FYI, I'm pretty sure that the 2[w] is entirely based on the enhancement value now. A +11 weapon will always have 2[w] as a base. Decon it and it drops to 1[w].
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Oathblade made a sad face at this remark

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Oathblade

I know, you're on a first life and can't expect to have 15 coms just lying around, but your crafted weapon is about as good as you can craft and it's still a shadow of an easily farmed weapon. FYI, I'm pretty sure that the 2[w] is entirely based on the enhancement value now. A +11 weapon will always have 2[w] as a base. Decon it and it drops to 1[w].
    Oathblade can make a sad face, its a wussy little longsword. Mine's a bastard sword.

If you spend a little time crafting you'll see that its not based on enhancement. The base was an AML20 2[W], I checked when I blanked it. Epic Weapon adds another dice on top, so its 3d10. Plus all the extras from being a hand-and-a-half weapon and twf feats.

Plus, we're talking "easily farmed" vs "10 minutes crafting"... yeah still a good weapon AT LVL 20.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Oathblade can make a sad face, its a wussy little longsword. Mine's a bastard sword.

If you spend a little time crafting you'll see that its not based on enhancement. The base was an AML20 2[W], I checked when I blanked it. Epic Weapon adds another dice on top, so its 3d10. Plus all the extras from being a hand-and-a-half weapon and twf feats.

Plus, we're talking "easily farmed" vs "10 minutes crafting"... yeah still a good weapon AT LVL 20.
    Oathblade is a "longsword" with a bastard swords base damage and a scimitars crit profile.

Unless you have something boosting your glancing blow chance/damage and stand still while you fight it will win against your weapon too.

feel like

Pure good
    Deals an additional 1 to 6 damage to non-good targets. (counts as good aligned)

is redundant on a weapon that is already good aligned by Holy Burst

Bleed
    Deals an extra 1 to 8 damage to target that are vulnerable to bleeding

seams better as far as generalized damage but, it depends on your intended target Greater Banes are the meat and potatoes.

so it took you 10 minutes to get to level 72 Divine crafting

the 15 Comms needed for Oathblade are going to come pretty much automatic for anyone who runs Kings Forest

the best use for Cannith Crafting besides lowbie twink gear is nitche weapons

Anarchic burst of Greater Aberration bane for http://ddowiki.com/page/Cholthulz

and so on and so forth

for general purposes in most cases named or even loot gen beat out Crafted

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    feel like

Pure good

Bleed

seams better as far as generalized damage but, it depends on your intended target Greater Banes are the meat and potatoes.
    Holy stacks with pure good.

Holy (burst) of PG are great leveling weapons.

The only crafted thing I'd consider to use now would be +5 holy burst whatever of greater elf bane, with a red slot slotted with extra damage, right after getting a new alt to 20 for motu content until anything better drops.

To be honest, I'd take a eveningstar challenge weapon over crafted cannith at lvl20, simply because I have lots of mats left from cloak farming (remember when they shut grove challenges and the only way to get moss/toadstool was to farm chests in keep? I still got over 10k copper, as 1 challenge was dropping over 700, and I was ransacking weekly).

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Holy stacks with pure good.

Holy (burst) of PG are great leveling weapons.

The only crafted thing I'd consider to use now would be +5 holy burst whatever of greater elf bane, with a red slot slotted with extra damage, right after getting a new alt to 20 for motu content until anything better drops.

To be honest, I'd take a eveningstar challenge weapon over crafted cannith at lvl20, simply because I have lots of mats left from cloak farming (remember when they shut grove challenges and the only way to get moss/toadstool was to farm chests in keep? I still got over 10k copper, as 1 challenge was dropping over 700, and I was ransacking weekly).
    I'm aware Holy stacks with pure good

I was referring to the fact that both effects made the weapons good aligned and there are many other more specified suffixes like Greater Elf bane as you mentioned that are better but, less generalized.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I'm aware Holy stacks with pure good

I was referring to the fact that both effects made the weapons good aligned and there are many other more specified suffixes like Greater Elf bane as you mentioned that are better but, less generalized.
    Holy of pure good is great item, as pg is the most universal suffix.
    When leveling TR or alt, all weapons I need are acid burst of PG and holy burst of PG, until greensteel or something named.
    Mentioned bane is good only agaisnt specific enemies, and it will be expesive to craft it agaisnt all mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Holy of pure good is great item, as pg is the most universal suffix.
    When leveling TR or alt, all weapons I need are acid burst of PG and holy burst of PG, until greensteel or something named.
    Mentioned bane is good only agaisnt specific enemies, and it will be expesive to craft it agaisnt all mobs.
    I guess the only weapons I crafted a specific to type of Mob

Undead bane
    Construct bane
    Elemental bane

mostly thou for leveling I use ML reduced Randon Gen weapons with ricia Icy burst effects so Cannith crafted weapons for general trash is junk

You can make a nice Harry beater through Cannith Crafting at level 20 until you get eAGA or Skybreaker so it does have its uses, I just hope that they update the whole system and make it a more viable option again.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    You can make a nice Harry beater through Cannith Crafting at level 20 until you get eAGA or Skybreaker so it does have its uses, I just hope that they update the whole system and make it a more viable option again.

Stoner81.
    Exactly, greater bane and boss beaters are the only use for cannith crafting after level 20 (level 12 if you have green steel). It's a very specific niche, crafting desperately needs updated (but I fear that any update will be a nerf rather than an improvement).

Your +5 Holy Burst of Pure Good with a red slot is just on par with the power of a +3 Flaming 4 of Riposte 2 with a red slot.

I have to say - metal type greater banes, and at low level Holy and Bleed, are all that remains of Cannith crafting now.

RIP what might have been a good system if it was ever finished.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

feel like

Pure good

Bleed

Think of it this way:
    Are there creatures you're going to be using a Holy weapon on that are immune to Bleed? Yes.
    Are there creatures you're going to be using a Holy weapon on that are immune to Pure Good? No.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

BtA +6 con ring of GFL with ML 19 is quite useful to craft.

*pats op on head.

that nice dear. ohhh dont worry, we'll b sure to hang it on the fridge...
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Community Member

Default Crafting Help

Hi. I have been trying to get information on crafting items, but have come up short in DDO Wiki. I was hoping to get some help here. I am trying to craft a +10 Helm of minute seeing, but need to know the steps involved and ingredients needed. if anyone can help that would be great. Thank You

For a lvl 20 your weapon its good.

For me crafting isnt bad, but i think its a waste of time and money.
    if you askme, crafting weapon its useless, there are general drop as good as named weapons.
    Its better craft a ring or a google

Crafting after lvl 20 is not for main equipment like weapons.

Mostly for nich items.
    I made this for my wizard:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast