Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thotto3333 View Post
    Hi. I have been trying to get information on crafting items, but have come up short in DDO Wiki. I was hoping to get some help here. I am trying to craft a +10 Helm of minute seeing, but need to know the steps involved and ingredients needed. if anyone can help that would be great. Thank You
    http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/

This is an awesome planner to plan your crafting. It will give you all the details you have asked for above and more.
    Good Luck!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    So I just had my crafter hit 20 first life, and went to the crafting hall to make him a new sword. I went and found a 2[W] blank with a red augment slot and made a +5 Holy Burst/Pure Good with a 1-8 Frost ruby, then added Force Critical for good measure. ML20. Good like finding one of those in random loot :P

Yes I know its probably not going to be that great in a few levels, but for level 20 its a pretty sweet piece.
    You cant add force crit to crafted weapons.
    That or this is a bug :P Post a screenie?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Oathblade is a "longsword" with a bastard swords base damage and a scimitars crit profile.
    Oh so that's why it's 15-20 on an improved critical Slashing user. I knew that Keen 1 and IC didn't stack so I was scratching my head.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nammmmmmm View Post
    Kinetic Lore V in the 2nd scepter is Force Spell Crit and it works when I use the scepters for TD.
    http://i.imgur.com/vYCfDnk.jpg

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Kinetic Lore V in the 2nd scepter is Force Spell Crit and it works when I use the scepters for TD.
    http://i.imgur.com/vYCfDnk.jpg
    I am fairly certain he is referring to the stone of change recipe that adds to weapon dps.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Default I say not useless.. but almost.

So I just had my crafter hit 20 first life, and went to the crafting hall to make him a new sword. I went and found a 2[W] blank with a red augment slot and made a +5 Holy Burst/Pure Good with a 1-8 Frost ruby, then added Force Critical for good measure. ML20. Good like finding one of those in random loot :P

Yes I know its probably not going to be that great in a few levels, but for level 20 its a pretty sweet piece.

I am a farmer at heart. I want the best stuff.. the most stuff.. more game currency. I go get it. Farming is a tedious task in any game. I've gained an enjoyment from the grind, however.
    I thought my farming time may be lessened with the release of the Cannith Crafting system. I was disappointed though not surprised to find the system did not provide for such as +8 armor bonuses or trapping gear potential beyond +13 for characters adventuring through ever expanding end game content. These items must be found.
    Thinking of lore I wonder of these random loot items. Someone must have created them. Why not a player character? Why should not a user join the elevated status of Bigby, Tenser and Elminster? We are to forever remain in the shadows of those that may have created the most fantastic of items.
    Ultima Online.. now there's a crafting system. Oh.. there's a few named items of phenomenal, cosmic power that must be found. The players themselves, however, may create such items as well. Of course the time required to reach such crafting skill is lengthy.. as should be.. but the skill level is obtainable. A comparable crafting system is what I wouldn't mind seeing in DDO.

Community Member

As others said, all you do at level 20 to get good gear is head to evwningstar and farm some comms. Run kings forest and druids chain a couple of times and enjoy gear that's sufficient up to level 28, or until you find better.

The only thing that's tricky to get hold of is the docent that drops in lost thread or chain end reward
    All my posts are trolled by autocorrect and the edit button not working on smartphone browsers. That's also why I make multiple posts in a row instead of editing.

You no longer need to find lvl20+ blanks for 2w damage. Additional 0.5 or 1 w is added automatically to weapons when they are high enough crafting level.

In addition to greater bane weapons over lvl20 I have crafted holy burst of vampirism.

Pretty much useless

While you may find some use for crafting beyond level 20 the gear is still basically useless in comparison to randomly generated items of the same level, easily farmed turn in items, and guaranteed end rewards items.

My favorite use for 20+ crafting is actually low level swaps: ring of 33% fire absorption, ring of 33% electrical absorption. (Poor man's Ring of the Djinn. heh.) They're ML3 w/masterful, I think, so they also make great TR twink items.

If you spend a little time crafting you'll see that its not based on enhancement. The base was an AML20 2[W], I checked when I blanked it.
    That's not how it works anymore. There are no more AML blanks; yours may have been AML20 due to a slotted ML20 augment. This changed when they introduced paragon weapons. (It's possible there may be legacy AML weapons if they were in a tr cache during the changeover.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nammmmmmm View Post
    You can and always could add stone of change rituals to crafted weapons, but it adds +1 potential.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My favorite use for 20+ crafting is actually low level swaps: ring of 33% fire absorption, ring of 33% electrical absorption. (Poor man's Ring of the Djinn. heh.) They're ML3 w/masterful, I think, so they also make great TR twink items.
    While the ML on your poormans Ring of the Djinn makes it a nice twink item it is still surpassed by the easily attainable Epic ring of the Djinn which is in the end reward for doing an Epic GH flaggers

like I said before pretty much useless surpassed by easy to obtain etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    While the ML on your poormans Ring of the Djinn makes it a nice twink item it is still surpassed by the easily attainable Epic ring of the Djinn which is in the end reward for doing an Epic GH flaggers

like I said before pretty much useless surpassed by easy to obtain etc...
    And my Ring of the Efreet (heh) with the 33% fire absorption?

And my Ring of the Efreet (heh) with the 33% fire absorption?
    sure that's handy in some rare situation just as handy as any of the other thousands of combinations that can be crafted for one 1 specific encounter

until the crafted items take up an inventory slot full time they will remain mostly useless after 20.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Currently I find crafting is great for making specific weapons like the perfect ooze beater or w/e add in augment slots and stuff like festival frost and it can round out your secondary arsenal quite swimmingly but I'd really like to see two things happen...the first one being updating Cannith crafting with the newer and the midding older suffix/prefixes the second thing I want to see is other schools of crafting especially since Player housing has been announced as coming soon.

The way I see it, players should have to choose a "school" of crafting it promotes trade and your more likely to actually get the relevant recipes you need. Crafting is entirely based around Essences, Dragonshards and collectables. NPC collecters are now vendors who sell their stock for plat (because hoping for the right random augment is a PITA, also it would be nice for PMs to buy Harm scrolls from their special vendor since we didn't get it as an SLA)

First I'd take "Cannith" crafting and rename it "Enchanting" because that's pretty much what it is...this "School" is special in that everyone can use it and it doesn't use "recipes" it pretty much remains the way it is now except with new "Enchants" added to coincide with the newest Prefix and suffixes added to lootgen items.

Note: The Crafting "Schools" below include some stuff assuming a personal housing system exists, also all schools of crafting have the ability to imbue their items with superior quality (ie. a Darkwood Q-Staff or Silver Scimitar) and all items created by players come with the "Enchantable item effect (same as craftable effect except changed to match name change)

Fletcher - This one primarily makes bows,xbows,bolts, arrows,leather stuff, boots and gloves

Carpenter - Makes wood stuff like Some trinkets, Wooden shields, Quarterstaffs, Mauls, Greatclubs, even some druid-safe leaf or wooden armor, Also stuff for guild ship/housing stuff but has some cool in-quest items...like the rest bench :P

Blacksmith - Pretty simple Metal Weapons and Armor, can make a few things for guild ship/housing like a new stove

Alchemist - Potions, Augments, Throwable potions with various effects (like sun flask,pumpkin bomb) and Dyes for Armor and helmets/goggles

Magitech - THIS is Cannith crafting...runearms, docents, pet collars, goggles, some gloves and belts, weird clickies this is one of the VERY few things I wouldn't mind if turbine were "inspired" by WoW for...I loved the engineer crafting school just all kinds of weird and wacky somewhat unreliable gadgets.

Seamstress - Cloaks, Robes, some gloves and hats, some guildship/housing related stuff, handwraps, Outfits

Jeweler - Rings, Crowns, some gloves, trinkets, add augment slots, etc.

Arcanist - Mainly Wands and Scrolls but also a few trinkets and hats and last but definately Not least the ability to convert normal armor into a cosmetic armor.

Now a couple questions for you guys

Anything obvious/cool I missed for any of the above "schools"?

Any other "Schools" I may have missed?

Also should each house have different crafting zones? Should they just all be in the marketplace? Maybe sort of "Crafting Hall" with different section for each craft?

Like This:

Fletcher & Blacksmith in House D
    Enchanting & Magitech in House C
    Alchemist and Arcanist in House P
    Jeweler in House K
    Carpenter in House J

Note: The Crafting schools are far less complicated than Enchanting for your crafting you just walk up to your relevant work area/building and it opens up a simple craft UI with your list of recipes (separated into collapsible sections of course so you don't have an annoyingly long list) and clicking on an item tells your the requirements and you click craft i you have the required items. Only recipes you currently own are listed in this UI making discovering new recipes a fun surprise...recipes can drop out of a variety of content from all levels including special seasonal events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Currently I find crafting is great for making specific weapons like the perfect ooze beater or w/e add in augment slots and stuff like festival frost and it can round out your secondary arsenal quite swimmingly but I'd really like to see two things happen...the first one being updating Cannith crafting with the newer and the midding older suffix/prefixes the second thing I want to see is other schools of crafting especially since Player housing has been announced as coming soon.

The way I see it, players should have to choose a "school" of crafting it promotes trade and your more likely to actually get the relevant recipes you need. Crafting is entirely based around Essences, Dragonshards and collectables. NPC collecters are now vendors who sell their stock for plat (because hoping for the right random augment is a PITA, also it would be nice for PMs to buy Harm scrolls from their special vendor since we didn't get it as an SLA)

First I'd take "Cannith" crafting and rename it "Enchanting" because that's pretty much what it is...this "School" is special in that everyone can use it and it doesn't use "recipes" it pretty much remains the way it is now except with new "Enchants" added to coincide with the newest Prefix and suffixes added to lootgen items.

Note: The Crafting "Schools" below include some stuff assuming a personal housing system exists, also all schools of crafting have the ability to imbue their items with superior quality (ie. a Darkwood Q-Staff or Silver Scimitar) and all items created by players come with the "Enchantable item effect (same as craftable effect except changed to match name change)

Fletcher - This one primarily makes bows,xbows,bolts, arrows,leather stuff, boots and gloves

Carpenter - Makes wood stuff like Some trinkets, Wooden shields, Quarterstaffs, Mauls, Greatclubs, even some druid-safe leaf or wooden armor, Also stuff for guild ship/housing stuff but has some cool in-quest items...like the rest bench :P

Blacksmith - Pretty simple Metal Weapons and Armor, can make a few things for guild ship/housing like a new stove

Alchemist - Potions, Augments, Throwable potions with various effects (like sun flask,pumpkin bomb) and Dyes for Armor and helmets/goggles

Magitech - THIS is Cannith crafting...runearms, docents, pet collars, goggles, some gloves and belts, weird clickies this is one of the VERY few things I wouldn't mind if turbine were "inspired" by WoW for...I loved the engineer crafting school just all kinds of weird and wacky somewhat unreliable gadgets.

Seamstress - Cloaks, Robes, some gloves and hats, some guildship/housing related stuff, handwraps, Outfits

Jeweler - Rings, Crowns, some gloves, trinkets, add augment slots, etc.

Arcanist - Mainly Wands and Scrolls but also a few trinkets and hats and last but definately Not least the ability to convert normal armor into a cosmetic armor.

Now a couple questions for you guys

Anything obvious/cool I missed for any of the above "schools"?

Any other "Schools" I may have missed?

Also should each house have different crafting zones? Should they just all be in the marketplace? Maybe sort of "Crafting Hall" with different section for each craft?

Like This:

Fletcher & Blacksmith in House D
    Enchanting & Magitech in House C
    Alchemist and Arcanist in House P
    Jeweler in House K
    Carpenter in House J

Note: The Crafting schools are far less complicated than Enchanting for your crafting you just walk up to your relevant work area/building and it opens up a simple craft UI with your list of recipes (separated into collapsible sections of course so you don't have an annoyingly long list) and clicking on an item tells your the requirements and you click craft i you have the required items. Only recipes you currently own are listed in this UI making discovering new recipes a fun surprise...recipes can drop out of a variety of content from all levels including special seasonal events.
    This is well-thought out; why not repost it in the suggestions/ideas thread?

I use Cannith Crafting on low-level twink gear, an occasional-use offhand Bodyfeeder of Lesser Vampirism (can't craft Vampirism yet), and for adding perks onto Tier 3 Cannith Challenge items.
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    This is well-thought out; why not repost it in the suggestions/ideas thread?

I use Cannith Crafting on low-level twink gear, an occasional-use offhand Bodyfeeder of Lesser Vampirism (can't craft Vampirism yet), and for adding perks onto Tier 3 Cannith Challenge items.
    Crafting "classes" is a complete gank from most other MMOs. Something like that coul dwork, but they arent even willing to put time into the current system.

The current crafting system would have been awesome if it was finished. Sadly it was abandoned and is now good for lower level TR twink items. Power creep in the higher levels has far surpassed the capabilities of the current cannith crafting system, and the items are too easy to get.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Oathblade made a sad face at this remark

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Oathblade

I know, you're on a first life and can't expect to have 15 coms just lying around, but your crafted weapon is about as good as you can craft and it's still a shadow of an easily farmed weapon. FYI, I'm pretty sure that the 2[w] is entirely based on the enhancement value now. A +11 weapon will always have 2[w] as a base. Decon it and it drops to 1[w].
    I agree with OP, crafting is still useful (for me). Oathblade it's 1 longsword. I did an anarchic +4 anarchic burst longbow of greater lawful outsider bane + force ritual + red slot (Silvered strikes) as a devil beater. Min level 20with masterful crafmanship (+4 to keep it min level 20, but it's just a +1)

Where do you find something as specific as that ? I must add it works better tha my lit II, even with silver arrows. The lit proc is awesome and it procs prety often, but the crafted bow is still giving me better results
    In your defense, my 1st lifer pally got an oathblade + pdk gear in a whisper, it's really easy indeed
    Last edited by harry-pancreas; 01-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    I agree with OP, crafting is still useful (for me). Oathblade it's 1 longsword. I did an anarchic +4 anarchic burst longbow of greater lawful outsider bane + force ritual + red slot (Silvered strikes) as a devil beater. Min level 20with masterful crafmanship (+4 to keep it min level 20, but it's just a +1)

Where do you find something as specific as that ?

In your defense, my 1st lifer pally got an oathblade + pdk gear in a whisper, it's really easy indeed
    You can make it +5. All crafted items top out at ML20 regardless of the enchantment level.

Uber Completionist

Well, I got my Crafting to 146/145/145 .... and at lvl 25-28 ... completely useless. Did it to burn Platinum Pieces and help friends level'ing.

In any case, Turbine implemented new levels without all the stuff going with them

Community Member

You can make it +5. All crafted items top out at ML20 regardless of the enchantment level.

i'm fairly sure it was level 22 before i added the masterful craftmanship, but maybe i saw wrong (and tnx btw)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast