Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    While it is not a bad thing that this broken piece of content has made it to the bug/fix list, I am certainly not going to thank the devs for it. I don't make a habit of thanking someone for recognizing that their product doesn't work, I thank them for quickly fixing it. Not fixing it or letting it sit for months is not what I would call worthy of my thanks. Just saying, I expect certain things in my every day life that I expect for all things I pay for. I paid for this and the last expansion above and beyond my monthly payments to Turbine and there is still tons of non functional content. So, I'll pass on all the "thanks yous" for now.

Appreciation in all aspects, even when someone tries and fails, goes a long way.

There is no troll-bane weapons on the forums, and I'd figure it wouldn't help here, but if you don't like how things work with Turbine, take your funds and find another game. Instant gratification isn't going to happen with any technology. To grouse the way you did is juvenile and reflects a nasty presumption that payment directly equals results.

There are many other things I'm sure that the developers and administrators must do to keep the game running, much less working to your standards. If you think you can do better, go build a game and let us know where to return the "favor" you just dished to Turbine.

Maybe my Monk gameplay is rubbing off on me, but I despite unjust comments like this.

If you can't say something nice, be quiet and wait as do the others. Negatives don't fix anything. If a developer were to read this, do you actually think it would motivate them to fix anything for anyone, much less for you?
    Last edited by IWPlatinumPlatypus; 12-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    If you can't say something nice, be quiet and wait as do the others. Negatives don't fix anything.
    Tell that to the original Epic TR proposal, the original Epic Hearts, no more Tokens proposal, and Ghostbane.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Bitter much?Appreciation in all aspects, even when someone tries and fails, goes a long way.There is no troll-bane weapons on the forums, and I'd figure it wouldn't help here, but if you don't like how things work with Turbine, take your funds and find another game. Instant gratification isn't going to happen with any technology. To grouse the way you did is juvenile and reflects a nasty presumption that payment directly equals results.There are many other things I'm sure that the developers and administrators must do to keep the game running, much less working to your standards. If you think you can do better, go build a game and let us know where to return the "favor" you just dished to Turbine.Maybe my Monk gameplay is rubbing off on me, but I despite unjust comments like this.If you can't say something nice, be quiet and wait as do the others. Negatives don't fix anything. If a developer were to read this, do you actually think it would motivate them to fix anything for anyone, much less for you?
    I guess I just expect more when I pay for something. If the reponse to submitting a bug report was "Thanks for your bug report. If you think you can do better, go build your own game or go play something else. Thanks, Turbine". I think that would be pretty funny once, then there problably would be a bit of a backlash. Just or unjust in your mind, the reality in life is that folks, when they spend hard earned money, (not using mommy or daddy's credit card) expect more. I count myself as one of those who expect more. PS, in my career as a PM for, amongst other things, software development, I do understand how things go from drawing board to production and, within an Agile development cycle, how bugs get fixed. I fail to see how letting things sit in a bug fix list for years is following any development cycle standards let alone giving us proper service for what we continue to pay more and more for since free to play came into existence.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Bitter much?

Appreciation in all aspects, even when someone tries and fails, goes a long way.

There is no troll-bane weapons on the forums, and I'd figure it wouldn't help here, but if you don't like how things work with Turbine, take your funds and find another game. Instant gratification isn't going to happen with any technology. To grouse the way you did is juvenile and reflects a nasty presumption that payment directly equals results.

There are many other things I'm sure that the developers and administrators must do to keep the game running, much less working to your standards. If you think you can do better, go build a game and let us know where to return the "favor" you just dished to Turbine.

Maybe my Monk gameplay is rubbing off on me, but I despite unjust comments like this.

If you can't say something nice, be quiet and wait as do the others. Negatives don't fix anything. If a developer were to read this, do you actually think it would motivate them to fix anything for anyone, much less for you?
    I dont agree with "shut up and wait" being the way stuff gets fixed the quickest. This has been broken since the enhancement pass launched which has been a while now.

I also dont believe in the "if you dont like it leave" stuff that gets repeated alot on the forums. Feedback from paying users is how most of this stuff gets found out in the first place. WHen they dont fix it in a reasonable amount of time, its also how they get reminded that there are paying users who want to use those enhancements who have been waiting too long to be able to do so.

Negatives do fix stuff, because in order to get it fixed it must first be known, and acknowledged it isnt working in the first place.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Also Keen crafted onto a shuriken is not working for me at least.

Shuriken displays as 19-20/ x2 but in practice only get a critical on 20.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123