Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    your stuff.
    i dont want to fight with you, and i never said i knew since new enhancement pass that Turbine lets you choose weapon focus with ranged but doesn't let you stay centered. but i did my research yesterday and now I know.

from having twisted in whirling wrists on multiple builds in the last month, I can tell you it's still a mandatory twist for any thrower build. you may be disappointed with it, I'm just glad it's there.

Community Member

was in an 8th life specifically building a toon to use shuriken as my primary wpn... rethinking that option after having read this thread. For what it's worth, TURBINE please fix throwing wpn speeds.

While I love my (shuriken) thrower I would like to add to the call to fix the broken enhancements and give throwers some love.

Please Devs spend some time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Over a month, not a peep from devs about shuriken/thrower issues. Bump
    I second the bump. I seriously don't know how they can release content that simply doesn't function at all. This is not the only thing that doesn't work for shurikens and not the only thing that doesn't work in general as per the description. It wasn't always like this for this game, but over the last couple years, the quality has really been way below average considering a lot of people pay monthly for the game and they charge heafty premiums; more than what most paid for the game at release, for expansions that just pile on the non functional content. If they are going to have a preview server where they collect feedback, it would be nice to actually fix the things we report on within a couple of patches. There are Epic Destiny feats that still do not work that have been reported on since they were released and are still not fixed.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

I agree. Devs please fix thrower builds.

It is now on the known issues list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...l-Known-Issues
    Last edited by Chai; 12-19-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Yes. It's clear that a lot of focus has gone into making throwing builds legitimate in the last few updates, but until these bugs get fixed they aren't worth playing.
    The more research I do and the more I play around with throwers, the more I think this statement is false. The above poster clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

That being said, fixes for those bugs would be swell.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Yes. It's clear that a lot of focus has gone into making throwing builds legitimate in the last few updates, but until these bugs get fixed they aren't worth playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus
    The more research I do and the more I play around with throwers, the more I think this statement is false. The above poster clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.

That being said, fixes for those bugs would be swell.
    I totally lol'd.

And agree that there are a lot of things in the enhancements that APPEAR as if serious thought has gone into making them useful, but bugginess or general lack of support in other areas / etc. essentially kneecaps them.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Default Thanks, Devs!

Thanks for adding the issue to the Known Issues list.

We'll look forward to the fix when you're able to get it to us. We know you're pretty busy, ridding the worlds of Ghostbane and all.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I totally lol'd.

And agree that there are a lot of things in the enhancements that APPEAR as if serious thought has gone into making them useful, but bugginess or general lack of support in other areas / etc. essentially kneecaps them.
    roll one first and then judge.

If you doubt, you haven't played one.

roll one first and then judge.

If you doubt, you haven't played one.
    Is this the day of the internet putting a filter over every post where people reading it have to pretend they are my daughter and trying to find drama?

I laughed, because the poster Flavious said he disagreed with WAS HIMSELF. It was either clever (and funny) or unintended (and both ironic and funny).

Then I supported his stance because there are several trees that specify certain weapons (say, great crossbows, throwing, shurikens, etc). and the like that make it APPEAR as if the devs actually were trying to make those options truly viable ... but the lack of support in other areas (say nifty named weapons, other syngeries) or bugs (like crit range expanders not working) make it so those things are still really not that strong.

I have made a go recently at great crossbows for the fun of it with some twink crafted stuff. I have a shuriken thrower currently.

Don't try to make someone who's agreeing with you into someone you insist isn't ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    It is now on the known issues list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...l-Known-Issues
    Thank you Devs, from the bottom of my heart.

I won't start whining for an ETA and constantly bumping this thread for at least 1 week, I promise. Merry Christmas.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I laughed, because the poster Flavious said he disagreed with WAS HIMSELF. It was either clever (and funny) or unintended (and both ironic and funny).
    It was intentional, and thank you . I'm not that rude when speaking to strangers - at least I try not to be.

Is this the day of the internet putting a filter over every post where people reading it have to pretend they are my daughter and trying to find drama?

Then I supported his stance because there are several trees that specify certain weapons (say, great crossbows, throwing, shurikens, etc). and the like that make it APPEAR as if the devs actually were trying to make those options truly viable ... but the lack of support in other areas (say nifty named weapons, other syngeries) or bugs (like crit range expanders not working) make it so those things are still really not that strong.

I have made a go recently at great crossbows for the fun of it with some twink crafted stuff. I have a shuriken thrower currently.

Don't try to make someone who's agreeing with you into someone you insist isn't ;-)
    It wasn't clear you had one from your posts.

Which build did you go with?

It wasn't clear you had one from your posts.

Which build did you go with?
    Heavy rogue, bit o monk, bit o ranger. Right now approaching 12 (he's dedicated to leveling with a buddy of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenWalker View Post
    was in an 8th life specifically building a toon to use shuriken as my primary wpn... rethinking that option after having read this thread. For what it's worth, TURBINE please fix throwing wpn speeds.
    heh ahehe ahahahahahahaha. Aw man, well here's hoping whats been for years is fixed in months.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Default Thanks for What?

While it is not a bad thing that this broken piece of content has made it to the bug/fix list, I am certainly not going to thank the devs for it. I don't make a habit of thanking someone for recognizing that their product doesn't work, I thank them for quickly fixing it. Not fixing it or letting it sit for months is not what I would call worthy of my thanks. Just saying, I expect certain things in my every day life that I expect for all things I pay for. I paid for this and the last expansion above and beyond my monthly payments to Turbine and there is still tons of non functional content. So, I'll pass on all the "thanks yous" for now.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast