Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Time for a Threnal change.

To the Devs.

Since the introduction of Bravery Bonus some of us try to preserve quests to do at maximum level for BB.
    If this means multiple visits to an area and breaking up a chain we don't care, its all good.

To the point Threnal goes something like this

At Level 10
    West 1 (BB)
    West 2 (BB)

At level 11
    East 1 (BB)

At Level 12
    West 3 (BB)
    East 2 (BB)
    East 3 (Lets be honest we get a L28 Favored soul guildy to help here so no-one cares what its level is)

Now we are finally flagged to enter south and ....

South 1 (L9 quest NO BB)
    South 2 (L9 quest NO BB)
    South 3 (BB)

It is about time you address this poor design for those of us who do bother to do it. I suggest simply changing South 1 and 2 to Level 10 so we get BB there.
    Last edited by Drak; 11-08-2013 at 06:14 AM.
    LEGION - Long Live Xoriat
    DrakfuMnkDrakbahBrbDrakkoniquePMDrakkennPMDrakabethRn18/M/RoDrakkleeBowfajDrakketteSor
    DrakardiSorDrakfeyFVSDrakmereFVSDrakicerArtDrakkenaPalDrakkerrBrdDrakkessaDruDrakulKenDrakkorethClc
    32pt 34pt 36pt 7+TR

Your reasoning is sound

But this chain is seven years old and I would say hardly ever run by most folks nowadays - though I still do on some TR lives

This would probably rank 1'000'000 in Turbines to do list

Threnal has needed an overhaul for years now - and beyond the cosmetic ones to the outer area.
    But in all honesty, I've given up on ever seeing it happen.

/signed

If you can't do Threnal East 3 on elite at level then you just need to ask people to help you with it and learn how to do it. It's super easy if you have a good party.

That being said I would love to see something done with Threnal but I think that ship has long since sailed.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default I run this once at level and then to farm the Mantel

I run this chain once at level, but don't bother with BB or worrying about XP. However, I do come back to the chain to farm the Mantle. I may visit this chain 2-3 times per life.

Voice of Master + Mantel of the Worldshaper +5 Greater Tokens of the Twelve = Master's Gift.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Master%27s_Gift

I have several of these slotted into different gear for different reasons.

On a side note, I think its fun to try and get thru that one series of traps in the hallway with no evasion and not bothering to find and disarm the traps. I did it once at level with no damage! I did that a few more times, but only that one time did I time it all right. It was funny the time after the no dam I got promptly killed ahahaha.

The chain could use a refresh tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Your reasoning is sound

But this chain is seven years old and I would say hardly ever run by most folks nowadays ....

...which is exactly why it needs a face-lift.

Content that's just sitting there not being used because of <insert reason(s) of choice here> is raw potential with much of the environmental work done already.

Threnal and Restless Isles are two places a lot of people say they try to avoid, or at the very least don't make repeated runs thru.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Threnal has needed an overhaul for years now - and beyond the cosmetic ones to the outer area.
    But in all honesty, I've given up on ever seeing it happen.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...9-Ask-the-Devs

DDO Podcast 309

Glin mentions he would like to see Thernal revisted and totally patched up.

Epic Thernal in the process.

It is the most messed up quest chains in the DDO, imho.

This would definitely hit two birds with one stone.

An Epic Cloak of the Worldshaper would be cool.

They did a good job on gianthold, so if they decided to go this direction, I would give thumbs up for spending some dev time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    ...which is exactly why it needs a face-lift.

Content that's just sitting there not being used because of <insert reason(s) of choice here> is raw potential with much of the environmental work done already.

Threnal and Restless Isles are two places a lot of people say they try to avoid, or at the very least don't make repeated runs thru.
    If I had to choose, I avoid threnal more, and feel there is more there that has potential.

Epic Titan raid someday, sure, someday, but threnal first imho...

East 3 is easy now, idk when was the last time you did it, but they bumped coyles hp by 4 times, he has around 400-500 hp now, wont get 1-2 shotted anymore, I did it with hire at lvl with no problems.
    But 15 min of protecting stupid npc is the most stupid quest design in the whole game, they just need to delete this quest.

I try to hit up threnal and restless isles every life. I don't plan xp / min on spreadsheets for how I TR though.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Really not excited about Epic Threnal. So many other areas of the game they should focus on Epic'ing first. How about Epic Vale of Twilight or Epic Waterworks?

Turbine should do a poll about which pack or area of the game they should be epic'ing to see how much interest players have in certain areas of the game.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

I actually am excited about epic Threnal, if they dont put protecting npc quests in there it will be my favorite pack.

Would prefer to wait a year on epic Vale, simply so that the Epic Shroud is a level 30 raid and produces min level 30 craftable gear?

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Would prefer to wait a year on epic Vale, simply so that the Epic Shroud is a level 30 raid and produces min level 30 craftable gear?
    Epic Vale, Epic Shroud, level 30 raid...all sounds great.

ML 30 Epic GS, though? No thanks. Maybe ML 25.

What was the ML on original GS when level cap was 16? Before my time, but 8, wasn't it? And then 12 for a long time when level cap was 20.

I'd rather Threnal get generally level-balanced before / in addition to epic .... but would rather have something "new" to run at/near cap. I wouldn't mind seeing the smaller Threnal quests epic though - no one runs those.

Oh, and epic Menechtarun explorer zone and epic side-quests. Because, well, I love the desert.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Do the first 2 quests in the first chain at level 10, then finish the rest of threnal at level 11.

Community Member

I've only ran Threnal once, didn't enjoy it at all so haven't been back. People complain about the 15 min Devils Assault with added protect the NPC quest but the first few where you have to kill everything and also do backtracking are worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I'd rather Threnal get generally level-balanced before / in addition to epic .... but would rather have something "new" to run at/near cap. I wouldn't mind seeing the smaller Threnal quests epic though - no one runs those.

Oh, and epic Menechtarun explorer zone and epic side-quests. Because, well, I love the desert.
    Epic desert walk ups would be awesome, and if done right would lower the grind on seals/shards that people complain about a lot without changing things mechanically.

[QUOTE=Drak;5161956]

East 3 (Lets be honest we get a L28 Favored soul guildy to help here so no-one cares what its level is)
    [QUOTE]

Solo on Elite this quest is ridiculously easy.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

The level can be shifted up slightly without taking it out of the general level range for which players bought it. This sounds like a good suggestion, particularly when bravery bonuses are considered.

Hold for Reinforcements may be the single most hated quest in the game, though, which means that even a re-vamped Threnal might not get much love from players. The negativity surrounding that mission creates an unusual kind of opportunity, in a way, as long as the devs have a sense of humor and they realize that further mucking around with Coyle's hit point total in Hold for Reinforcements will NEVER lead to that mission being well liked. It's still not a fun mission.

As part of the re-vamp, Holding for Reinforcements could be replaced by a mission in which Coyle, who was turned into a vampire while down there, sends waves of undead after the heroes guarding the library -- for less than 15 minutes, though, that's just tedious. At the end, the "boss vampire" Coyle attacks the heroes and they have no choice but to kill Coyle (reluctantly, of course).

Coyle's special ability could be "slow time", an ability with which he can make 15 minutes feel like 15 hours -- mechanically it could be a souped-up version of the "slow" spell. Alternatively, it could be an enchantment spell that just makes your characters' vision all blurry and make them unable to control their movements well.

Coyle as a "Time Vampire" would turn the negativity surrounding Coyle and Hold for Reinforcements into a reason to re-visit (and perhaps actually buy!) a re-vamped Threnal AP.
    Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney; 11-09-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast