Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default suggestion for u23

warforge,bladeforged with prr changes they should get a free body feat at lvl 1

spell conjure flame arrow: should conjure 50 100% returning arrows/bolts (or 1000 like the conjure bolt spell)

what about adding a helm, glove google and or necklace in cannith challenge items ? they could be 90 positive, negative, light alignment, and impulse damage... cause those are the missing spellpowers in cannith challenge set...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    Agreed, that feat "tax" is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Agreed, that feat "tax" is silly.
    Only if its a choice of Mithral Body, Adamantine Body, or Toughness.

spell conjure flame arrow: should conjure 50 100% returning arrows/bolts (or 1000 like the conjure bolt spell)
    With Update 23, Flame Arrow conjures 500 pieces of ammunition. This change was done at the same time as fixing Conjure Bolts scrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    With Update 23, Flame Arrow conjures 500 pieces of ammunition. This change was done at the same time as fixing Conjure Bolts scrolls.
    Will the 500 pieces of ammo stack in a single inventory slot, the way conjured bolts do?

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Will the 500 pieces of ammo stack in a single inventory slot, the way conjured bolts do?
    Yes.

This is welcomed change.

Any chance of making flame arrow even more like the conjure bolts?
    Can flame arrow be used in public areas, and stay when changing instances?

Best news I heard in a while! Thanks!
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Yes.

SWEET! well done! Hopefully will make it into release notes. Many will rejoice!

Just wanted to say, I noticed this on test and was excited. But then noticed it wasnt on live, or in the notes, so figured it was just some test sever thing. I wanted to say thanks, it is a great change. I am glad its official and going live. Great adjustment to something probably considered minor by many, but it is such attentions to detail which contribute to a great game. Cheers.

You can have that feat for free if Humanoids get the following for free

Oh and Bladeforged get what is essentially a free Reconstruct SLA for 11 AP every 6 seconds.....and hey I play WF/BF - so don't say I am anti-robot. I just think you should reflect on what you get for free with the race you choose before asking for more.
    Last edited by Spoonwelder; 09-16-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post

Oh and Bladeforged get what is essentially a free Reconstruct SLA for 11 AP every 6 seconds.....and hey I play WF/BF - so don't say I am anti-robot. I just think you should reflect on what you get for free with the race you choose before asking for more.
    *Slow clap* If I could take a feat just for the first list item on a fleshy, I would on all fleshies.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Community Member

well a human can take a fighter level and wear heavy armor...
    if a warforged takes a fighter level... he has to burn a feat to basically wear heavy armor, and maybe not even get the same prr of a fleshy...

at this point one can just use warforged as pajama evasion melee users, or just the sorc wiz casters instead of burning a feat...

how many nowadays invest a feat slot into mithral or adamantine body ? also how many invest a feat in the critical immunity but immune to positive healings ?

if a warforged takes a fighter level... he has to burn a feat to basically wear heavy armor, and maybe not even get the same prr of a fleshy...

at this point one can just use warforged as pajama evasion melee users, or just the sorc wiz casters instead of burning a feat...

how many nowadays invest a feat slot into mithral or adamantine body ? also how many invest a feat in the critical immunity but immune to positive healings ?
    As stated by Spoonwelder, Warforged get plenty of compensation for having to spend an extra feat for mithal or adamantine.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    As stated by Spoonwelder, Warforged get plenty of compensation for having to spend an extra feat for mithal or adamantine.
    Warforged Benefits have been dramatically reduced from where they used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post

[*]Immune to Sleep, Hold Person, Energy Drained, Nauseated, Exhausted, and Paralyzed effects.
    Sleep is rarely used in this game, My WF stillget affected with nausea type effect because the devs just change the name(Siegebreaker "pool"), and I get exhausted in Wiz king all the time.
    [*]Immune to ability score damage from Natural Poisons, and Natural Diseases but are vulnerable to those that effect wood or metal.
    again, I see stat damage far too often. I'm not sure anything in this game was ever "natural"
    [*]Warforged gain a +10 racial bonus to saving throws against Magical Poisons and Magical Diseases and do not fail saving throws against them on a roll of a natural 1 (this makes you immune to Magical Poisons and Magical Diseases with a DC of less than 11+your Fortitude save). If you transform into a different type of creature, you will lose these benefits until you return to your Warforged form.
    I'd love to see a list of what this is supposed to actually cover, because again, I'm drinking remove disease and remove poison potions constantly on my Warforged. even on my 18Sorc/2Paly with ridiculous fort saves.
    [*]Immunity to spells targeting a humanoid.
    Is there anything other than "Hold Person"... Which they are already immune to anyway?
    [*]A Warforged can remain underwater indefinitely (no oxygen bar displayed).
    If only there were Underwater Action items in the game.. Or quests where this actually mattered....
    [*]A Warforged's plating also grants it a special feat which provides a stacking +25% Fortification. When the Warforged is the target of a sneak attack or critical hit, there is a 25% chance for the attack to be negated and the damage to be rolled normally. This effect stacks with Fortification.
    used to be 75.. Now we have to invest points to get where we used to be for free.

not sure how the AP investment and 25SP per cast equate to"essentially Free". Its a great benefit, dont get me wrong.. But there is Certainly a cost involved.

BottomLine: Warforged/Bladeforged perks have been nerfed beyond recognition. A free plating feat would not be unbalancing at all.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

Sleep is rarely used in this game, My WF stillget affected with nausea type effect because the devs just change the name(Siegebreaker "pool"), and I get exhausted in Wiz king all the time.

again, I see stat damage far too often. I'm not sure anything in this game was ever "natural"

I'd love to see a list of what this is supposed to actually cover, because again, I'm drinking remove disease and remove poison potions constantly on my Warforged. even on my 18Sorc/2Paly with ridiculous fort saves.

Is there anything other than "Hold Person"... Which they are already immune to anyway?

If only there were Underwater Action items in the game.. Or quests where this actually mattered....

used to be 75.. Now we have to invest points to get where we used to be for free.

not sure how the AP investment and 25SP per cast equate to"essentially Free". Its a great benefit, dont get me wrong.. But there is Certainly a cost involved.

BottomLine: Warforged/Bladeforged perks have been nerfed beyond recognition. A free plating feat would not be unbalancing at all.
    Your experience is different than mine - I see 'immune' pop op on my screen all the time - and as for poison/disease - on my WF/BF I ignore it since I will virtually always make the save at the end of the timer. Just because that poison symbol is floating over your head doesn't mean you going to take the poison affect - some places I will still pop the potion to cure it just in case I roll a 1 in a bad spot (say Eyes of Stone since her poison hits hard at level - just an example - I can't recall if her poison affects WF - I do know some of her things don't which is why I use the WF FVS as a hire in there if I feel I need it).

Also I said 'essentially' free - 11AP - you are going to spend the first 5 on most builds (fort, repair amp, and either ASF or Con or HP) the rest are for the SLA itself. The SP - I use one yellow slot to feed my SLA - I have some greater mnemomic pots around to top me up in a long quest....or twisted talisman or sparkling cider or or.....so essentially is my word of choice.

Also your argument would apply to elves, drow, dwarves, half elves since they get similarly 'nerfed' immunities.....should they get a free feat too?
    Last edited by Spoonwelder; 09-17-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

i just wanted to clear this up. you're not getting exhausted in wiz king. you're getting ray of enfeeblement from the eternal wizards. i've never had any exhaust work on me as a wf/bf. only that ray has hit me which just makes you weaker.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Yes.
    Nice indeed, thank you.

I recall days of old (before Artificer) when my favorite greensteel was a heavy repeating Xbow, standing at the entrance with my toon telling everyone I'll be ready to move out in a half a minute....lol...the funny part is they usually did wait for me, MAC is good guild.

Thanks.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Warforged, yes. Bladeforged, no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast