Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic Feat Blinding Speed worth it?

The reflex +1 helps it, but with boots of speed it is only a 7% or so gain in melee attack for me. Now I have Ftr haste too. How do these stack? Are they simply added together for I.e. 30% to my attack speed?

How is striding added to these?

Number examples please.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Blinding Speed works just like the Haste spell, its just a perma-Haste. So it stacks just like Haste does too...32% runspeed, 15% melee attack speed, (if Wiki is right) doesn't stack with Alacrity items, doesn't stack with Striding, doesn't stack with Speed items. Basically if you take Blinding Speed, you don't need to slot Striding or Speed items anymore, since none will outperform the permahaste.

But yes, Action Boosts do stack with Haste, so you'd just add your Haste Boost to whatever other attack speed bonuses you have.

Attack speed stacks in a non-intuitive way and is impacted by the type of weapon you are swinging and other factors.

Haste Boost is less than a 30% increase, but it fully stacks with Haste spell and is very good.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

worth it imho if you cant cast haste on yourself or don't have people casting it on you, you solo a lot, even if you have a lot of clickies it can be nice not having to swap gear for the clickie every time it wears off, and you have a bunch of other stuff with cool downs to keep an eye on. Yes stacks with haste boost......awesome.

and worth it in slot consolidation, can wear different items and augments.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    worth it imho if you cant cast haste on yourself or don't have people casting it on you, you solo a lot, even if you have a lot of clickies it can be nice not having to swap gear for the clickie every time it wears off, and you have a bunch of other stuff with cool downs to keep an eye on. Yes stacks with haste boost......awesome.

and worth it in slot consolidation, can wear different items and augments.
    if chuggn a pot every 30 second to a minute is annoying then ya. Plus theirs not alot of really big competition for the feat slot. In the scheme of things ya theirs other stuff you could take,.... but every 30 seconds haste pot and or gs clicky for 1:30? ******* gets annoying.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

32% movement speed is 2 more than striders
    15% melee speed boost that does not stack with other sources of melee alacrity (the new -of speed items for example)
    22% range speed boost that does not stack with other sources of melee alacrity (the new -of speed items for example)
    +1 reflex
    +1% dodge

permanent* haste

*you will still want a stack of haste pots for those few times you get slowed.

I love this feat, and will take it on every melee built right up until they start releasing of speed XVI items.

Haste pots cannot compare to this feat.

Spending a second drinking a potion every 30s is a ~3% DPS loss. Sure sometimes you can do it outside combat (jumping when running from one mob to another) but in EE you are going to be drinking them mid-fight a lot.

96s clickies take three actions to use that each invokes a 1 sec global cooldown (equip, use, restore old equipment) and so they aren't really any better than the potions, unless the clickie is an item you would otherwise use (and that is no longer ever the case).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

If you cannot haste yourself by spell or wear corresponding gear blinding speed is one of the better feat choices at lvl27.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post
    if chuggn a pot every 30 second to a minute is annoying then ya. Plus theirs not alot of really big competition for the feat slot. In the scheme of things ya theirs other stuff you could take,.... but every 30 seconds haste pot and or gs clicky for 1:30? ******* gets annoying.
    Yeah I don't really bother with haste pots especially at that levels as I do have more than enough haste clickies a few green steel and a couple chrono googles but yeah after all the extra buttons i got to push having one less buff timer for 1 1/2 minutes or so is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Haste pots cannot compare to this feat.

Spending a second drinking a potion every 30s is a ~3% DPS loss. Sure sometimes you can do it outside combat (jumping when running from one mob to another) but in EE you are going to be drinking them mid-fight a lot.

96s clickies take three actions to use that each invokes a 1 sec global cooldown (equip, use, restore old equipment) and so they aren't really any better than the potions, unless the clickie is an item you would otherwise use (and that is no longer ever the case).
    yeah well I guess thats where meta gaming comes in I use the clickies before I know a fight is coming up, and if im still in the middle of fighting I *then* use a pot, but yeah once get to 27 blinding speed is definately strongly considered heck I would take it most times.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 11-08-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It would be nice if the feat gave you immunity to slow, at level 27 that isn't unreasonable, but that would ruin their precious spellwards.

Community Member

Do they remove it? I have always just used remove paralysis potions to get rid of slow.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    It would be nice if the feat gave you immunity to slow, at level 27 that isn't unreasonable, but that would ruin their precious spellwards.
    Spellward slow is different than the spell anyway. More resilient.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Its the best lvl27 feats. Not because its over powered, but because other feats aren't as good.
    That said, its not nessesary if you can haste yourself, or have hasting gear, or are in static group where haste is on all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I think this feat is overrated personally. Epic damage reduction is the better feat choice imo. There's plenty of ways to replace the haste effect provided by blinding speed, but there is no other way to get the 10 stacking PRR from epic damage reduction.

The EE Goatskin Boots or Jorgundal's Collar are both good items that have speed as well as some other useful effects/slots. Niether one has much competing for those slots on a melee. So I'd rather slot one of those and take epic damage reduction for another 10PRR.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    The EE Goatskin Boots or Jorgundal's Collar are both good items that have speed as well as some other useful effects/slots. Niether one has much competing for those slots on a melee. So I'd rather slot one of those and take epic damage reduction for another 10PRR.
    Not arguing, but providing a counter point:

Blinding speed doesn't take up a slot on your character like the boots or collar do, which makes it a bit easier to slot other items, like the Storm Reavers Necklace or Treads of Falling Shadow. And in a game this laggy, swapping for haste becomes very annoying. Not needing to swap raises my enjoyment level just a little bit more since I don't have to button mash 650 times just to equip my haste clicky
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

I think this feat is overrated personally. Epic damage reduction is the better feat choice imo. There's plenty of ways to replace the haste effect provided by blinding speed, but there is no other way to get the 10 stacking PRR from epic damage reduction.

This is the route (Jorgundal's Collar) I am going on most of my melees (probably all) in part for the permanent near-haste, but also for the slots and because the collar requires less grinding than most other things I could wear in that slot. For me, the extra slots are a huge bonus because all my characters have a dearth of slots available, even when 10 of 14 items have slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Not arguing, but providing a counter point:

Blinding speed doesn't take up a slot on your character like the boots or collar do, which makes it a bit easier to slot other items, like the Storm Reavers Necklace or Treads of Falling Shadow. And in a game this laggy, swapping for haste becomes very annoying. Not needing to swap raises my enjoyment level just a little bit more since I don't have to button mash 650 times just to equip my haste clicky
    That's true but, as I mentioned, there isn't much competing for those slots. Of course this really depends on your full gear setup and build needs though.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Community Member

32% movement speed is 2 more than striders
    15% melee speed boost that does not stack with other sources of melee alacrity (the new -of speed items for example)
    22% range speed boost that does not stack with other sources of melee alacrity (the new -of speed items for example)
    +1 reflex
    +1% dodge

permanent* haste

I love this feat, and will take it on every melee built right up until they start releasing of speed XVI items.
    Oddly, when I took this I gained +1 Dodge AC and not +1% Dodge, old school, just saying.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Goatskin boots present one major problem: they come in 9 worthless random variants and one actually good.
    I suggest to take feat until player aquires boots, then swap for something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Goatskin boots present one major problem: they come in 9 worthless random variants and one actually good.
    I suggest to take feat until player aquires boots, then swap for something better.
    That's a matter of need and opinion. I would say there are 6 worthless random variants and 4 good ones but, again, this is heavily dependent on the total gear setup and build needs. A difference of 2 stat points from lootgen that would offer 10 is minimal for most builds, even in a main stat. If you're using str for DCs then it would matter, but otherwise it's just 28 hp, or 1 point of damage, and/or 1 reflex save (both in the case of a dex based build). As the game stands today, none of those are a huge loss, but it really depends on the build.

I will say the most useful variant, fort115, seems nearly nonexistent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast