Community Member

Default Bladesinger quarterstaff build

I posted a few weeks ago about a Bladesinger build--got some great responses, so thank you--and have been thinking about a Bladesinger Quarterstaff build. Not the traditional "blade" in Bladesinger, but my DDO character is based on an old pen & paper character that was decent with a melee quarterstaff while being an effective caster.

So, how would a melee sufficient quarterstaff wizard caster look? Is is 5 / 3/ 12 Rogue / Fighter / Wizard? Or 5 / 15 Rogue Wizard?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

My first thought is wiz 12 / rog 5 / monk or ftr 3: T5 Acrobat + wraith form (Death Aura + NEB for unheals). Rog 2 / monk 6 would also work. Wiz 15 gets you +3 CLs and lvl 7 & 8 spells, but unless you're going for caster DPS as well they shouldn't be necessary. Use a Sireth and you're technically still wielding a weapon with a blade on the end.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    My first thought is wiz 12 / rog 5 / monk or ftr 3: T5 Acrobat + wraith form (Death Aura + NEB for unheals). Rog 2 / monk 6 would also work. Wiz 15 gets you +3 CLs and lvl 7 & 8 spells, but unless you're going for caster DPS as well they shouldn't be necessary. Use a Sireth and you're technically still wielding a weapon with a blade on the end.
    Thanks for the quick reply. My hope for the build--and I should have said earlier--is to be an effective caster beyond just buffs. So, I think the question is 15/5 Wizard/Rogue or 12/5/3 Wizard/Rogue/Monk. Better DCs and spells vs much better melee survivability from monk? Or, maybe a bit of the shiradi pick-up with 12 / 5 /3 Wizard / Rogue / FS to help with the magic missile damage?
    Last edited by Wanker; 07-05-2017 at 02:33 PM.