Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luxmus View Post
    but do you think the build still works with u31? and if not, what should be changed?
    The build still works as advertised, but halfling has a disadvantage: they don't get the higher-lvl AA abilities, which got buffed in U28. A half-elf or elf version of this build could take the racial AA tree; the main advantage is the +25% Doubleshot from Shadow Arrows + capstone at lvl 25+. [The HE variant would also get racial Dmg Boost.] Unfortunately, the +1 crit multiplier bonus from racial AA tree is still bugged, AFAIK; but if/when it's fixed you'll see a boost to crit dmg. This costs 55 APs (14 racial + 41 AA), leaving 25 APs for, say, DWS (Sniper Shot+Killer); or splitting between Ninja (Shadow Veil) & DWS (Sniper Shot). Also with the nerf to Div Grace, I'm not sure if the +8 to saves from pal 2 is still worth it.

You may also want to consider a shuriken+bow hybrid build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Thrower-Builds
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The build still works as advertised, but halfling has a disadvantage: they don't get the higher-lvl AA abilities, which got buffed in U28. A half-elf or elf version of this build could take the racial AA tree; the main advantage is the +25% Doubleshot from Shadow Arrows + capstone at lvl 25+. [The HE variant would also get racial Dmg Boost.] Unfortunately, the +1 crit multiplier bonus from racial AA tree is still bugged, AFAIK; but if/when it's fixed you'll see a boost to crit dmg. This costs 55 APs (14 racial + 41 AA), leaving 25 APs for, say, DWS (Sniper Shot+Killer); or splitting between Ninja (Shadow Veil) & DWS (Sniper Shot). Also with the nerf to Div Grace, I'm not sure if the +8 to saves from pal 2 is still worth it.

You may also want to consider a shuriken+bow hybrid build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Thrower-Builds

Thank you very much!!
    and thanks for the builds, i will take a look on that
    ;D

I should add: this build predates the U28 changes to Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars. Prior to U28, MS & TTS applied a Doubleshot penalty, effectively making DS useless for 110 out of 120 seconds for monkchers, IIRC. [EDIT: this is why a lot of monkcher builds went with rgr AA tree rather than built using the elf AA tree, as the DS bonuses in the last two cores weren't that helpful.] With U28.1, though, Turbine eliminated the DS penalties and instead both feats apply DS and Ranged Power bonuses while active. So Doubleshot went from being nigh-useless to monkcher builds to essential for DPS; this necessitated some serious build redesigns if you wanted to keep up with the latest monkcher power creep. Sestra benefited from the improvements to AA & DWS, it didn't benefit from the higher-lvl AA core bonuses I mentioned because it can't take them.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

I should add: this build predates the U28 changes to Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars. Prior to U28, MS & TTS applied a Doubleshot penalty, effectively making DS useless for 110 out of 120 seconds for monkchers, IIRC. [EDIT: this is why a lot of monkcher builds went with rgr AA tree rather than built using the elf AA tree, as the DS bonuses in the last two cores weren't that helpful.] With U28.1, though, Turbine eliminated the DS penalties and instead both feats apply DS and Ranged Power bonuses while active. So Doubleshot went from being nigh-useless to monkcher builds to essential for DPS; this necessitated some serious build redesigns if you wanted to keep up with the latest monkcher power creep. Sestra benefited from the improvements to AA & DWS, it didn't benefit from the higher-lvl AA core bonuses I mentioned because it can't take them.

Thank you very much ;D
    If I get it right, the build can still be used..?

i have read the builds, and I don't really know what is best?
    And second, could you possible chance to Hafling ?
    Also... Why use bow AND shuriken?
    Sorry for me being a noob :/

Also... Why use bow AND shuriken?
    Basically, because shuriken have higher sustainable DPS than bows due to their insanely high proc rate; you can get up to quadruple procs on one throw: initial shuriken, Shuriken Expertise, Advanced Ninja Training, and Doubleshot (5x w/DS>100%). Shuriken have low base dmg and a lousy crit profile, but with all the ways of adding on-hit dmg, the DPS adds up quickly.

But bows still have great burst DPS with Manyshot, especially if you invested in extra Doubleshot bonuses elsewhere. In particular, the goal IMO is to hit at least 80% standing DS so 80% + 120% from MS = 200% (or more) DS during MS, which means a guaranteed 3 arrows per shot. Shadow Arrows + AA capstone is +25% DS and Doubleshot ED feat is +10%, so that's almost halfway there to 80%.

Basically, because shuriken have higher sustainable DPS than bows due to their insanely high proc rate; you can get up to quadruple procs on one throw: initial shuriken, Shuriken Expertise, Advanced Ninja Training, and Doubleshot (5x w/DS>100%). Shuriken have low base dmg and a lousy crit profile, but with all the ways of adding on-hit dmg, the DPS adds up quickly.

But bows still have great burst DPS with Manyshot, especially if you invested in extra Doubleshot bonuses elsewhere. In particular, the goal IMO is to hit at least 80% standing DS so 80% + 120% from MS = 200% (or more) DS during MS, which means a guaranteed 3 arrows per shot. Shadow Arrows + AA capstone is +25% DS and Doubleshot ED feat is +10%, so that's almost halfway there to 80%.
    Thanks for the help, but....
    ... this is gonna be a big reply :/

The english might be a bit bad (my eyes almost closed when i wrote it), sorry for that :/.

weapon: bow
    - attack: dex, zen archery changes it to wisdom
    - Damage: N/A, Bow strength increases the damage, can be changed to dex

will be useing paralyzing arrow, the DC is wis-based.

split 12monk/6ranger/2fighter

at the start i wanted 2 pala, but since i dont put any points in charisma, i dont see the point in getting pala levels.

feats:
    10k stars, precision, IMP precise shot etc.

Abilities...

first i went:
    level up: wis

problems:

zen archery changes your bow attack from dex to wis, so why put so many points into dex, since the base damage is N/A. I only need like 13 dex to get precision/10 k stars, however; IMP precise shot requires 19 dex, but i guess you can skip it, to get more paralyzing arrow DC/ bow attack

but, i looked at DWS enhancement: Improved Weapon Finesse; changes your bow damage from N/A(or str) to dex

and, paralyzing arrow is wisdom based

then i am thinking, what about focusing on dex, to get more damage, but then i loose some much needed wisdom points. Wisdom encreases 10k stars and my DC on paralyzing, both is important.

i see som opportunities, i can either:
    focus on dex, which gives you more damage/attack
    focus on wis, which gives you paralyze DC/attack
    or i could maybe say f*ck wisdom, and go all in on dex, str and int. But now 10k stars isent really doing anything

or i can skip int and go
    :
    now i have high dex, which encreases your damage/attack, and you have wisdom to your attack/DC.
    (dont know what to increase when leveling up)

So....

do i focus on dex or wisdom? or do i split it up?
    and, "Know the Angles" is only 1/2 int modifier, so isent it better to put the points into dex or wis, to get more damage/DC?

pls help me

FYI, I've updated my monkcher thread for an elf monk 12 / rgr 6 / ftr 2 build which is influenced by both Sestra and jakeelala's builds.

FYI, I've updated my monkcher thread for an elf monk 12 / rgr 6 / ftr 2 build which is influenced by both Sestra and jakeelala's builds.
    ohh... very nice!!
    i will take a look on that, thanks

Default Caster level 9, MM??

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Added a short write up on the 12 warlock 6 wizard 2 FVS build posted.

About this build:
    This Warlock Shiradi MM build is designed to cast MM and CM at caster level 9 for the maximum number of MM's and have close to maximum force crit chance with 54% base, 64% with empyrean magic and 89% with AS. I take the 1stcore enhamsment in Enlightened Spirit, Eldritch Aura which is light based spell and regenerates Empyrean Magic when it hits mobs.

The 12 Warlock opens up the 4thcore enhansment from Tainted Scholar adding a total of 30% extra crit damage to all spell crits, including shiradi procs. The higher the damage the more extra damage the 30% generates so for spells like Ruin this DPS increase is very noticeable. The standard Ruin crit on this build is 10k damage, with AS Ruin crits for about 14k damage, hence the build name “Ruin King”.

The 6 Wizard opens up the 3rd core enhansment from Archmage Chain Missile SLA, I also go tier 5 in this tree for Arcane Supremacy. MM and CM are the main DPS spells I'm using as well as Hellball, Energy Burst, Avenging Light and Ruin.

2 Favoured Soul is a very powerful splash for Shiradi builds because of Scourge, Just Reward, 4% force crit chance and the stacking maximize reduction enhansments with Archmage.

Hey

I dont understand how you can get level 9 caster level, i must be missing something

Wizard level 6 = caster level 3
    Epic chrono set = caster level 3

What am i missing?? :/

Hey

I dont understand how you can get level 9 caster level, i must be missing something

Wizard level 6 = caster level 3
    Epic chrono set = caster level 3

What am i missing?? :/
    6 levels of wizard gives you 6 caster levels, you are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by XAlexosauronX View Post
    6 levels of wizard gives you 6 caster levels, you are welcome.
    ohh... thanks ;D

Default Greater Ruin King!

With the introduction of "Greater Ruin" to the game, and the peaks record being up for grabs, I figured I'd make this build type again. Build posted in first post in this thread. Please comment or ask questions if you're interested.

With the introduction of "Greater Ruin" to the game, and the peaks record being up for grabs, I figured I'd make this build type again. Build posted in first post in this thread. Please comment or ask questions if you're interested.
    Loved this build during my last revisit of this game about a year ago. So sick with all the buffs it got when cap was raised, lots of fun.

IIRC the warlock aura that gave you empyrean stacks was broken. I'm assuming it still is since it's not in your enhancements. You still have the empyrean twist though. Do you just use scorching ray to keep it up or is there some other way?

Quote Originally Posted by mrphlegm View Post
    Loved this build during my last revisit of this game about a year ago. So sick with all the buffs it got when cap was raised, lots of fun.

IIRC the warlock aura that gave you empyrean stacks was broken. I'm assuming it still is since it's not in your enhancements. You still have the empyrean twist though. Do you just use scorching ray to keep it up or is there some other way?
    Yea this was a bummer, you do not get MoK stacks while the warlock aura is on. If its just a bug and it gets fixed it will be amazing. Yes I use scorching ray or nimbus of light depending on the content and with hellball is enough to keep stacks up. However its nothing like having that aura. With the aura you just forget about EM stacks altogether.

If its just a bug and it gets fixed it will be amazing.
    Uh oh. Initially on lamma wlk aura would create MoK stacks. Which was considered a bit to powerful (OK, honestly, it would be super broken).
    Their fix is what we have on live now.
    Possible they'll revisit it and fix it properly, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Possible they'll revisit it and fix it properly, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I wish they would just fix it properly but I guess what we have now is better than how broken you describe. It's not that big a deal in raids as there's pretty much constant fighting, more in quests when you are moving between encounters that the stacks drop off. I wand wip eternal cure or just cast cure light wounds a few times between encounters. The aura was just a nice perk but because enhansment points are so tight with AB it was nice to pick up the point.

Default 3 piece Abishai

Is the 3 piece a required for Ruin King to work? I know you're losing a couple of missiles, but is that enough DPS lose to not even try it?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    Is the 3 piece a required for Ruin King to work? I know you're losing a couple of missiles, but is that enough DPS lose to not even try it?
    For the ruin king class split 3pc abishai is required. The build will suck without it as you will only get 3 missiles on MM cast rather than 5.

I was talking with a top builder on G-land, Pelc, who has thought of a different type of ruin king. It is 12 lock, 5 wiz, 3 fvs in EA. Using Divine wrath, avenging light, sun bolt, EB, arcane blast, arcane pulse, rebuke foe, hellball, ruin and greater ruin. So no need for abishai set. This build is fleshy human, healing from cocoon and mass cure mod. Has wings, arcane supremacy, high force and light spell power, crit chance and crit damage, can use a 5pc shroud set and a 5pc slavers set so will have every bell and whistle possible. Main stat is Cha, int and con secondary. I believe this build will be awesome for raids, I'm looking forward to seeing Pelc play it if he makes it.

If you don't have abishai set and want to try this type of build, try the version Pelc came up with.

Default Archived build "Ruin King" U31

Sestra - "Ruin King" - 12 Warlock, 6 Wizard, 2 Favored Soul. Bladeforged. True Neutral. Archmage. Shiradi.

About this build:
    This Warlock Shiradi MM build is designed to cast MM and CM at caster level 9 (using a 3 peice Chronoscope set) for the maximum number of MM's and have close to maximum force crit chance.

The 12 Warlock opens up the 4thcore enhansment from Tainted Scholar adding a total of 30% extra crit damage to all spell crits, including shiradi procs. The higher the damage the more extra damage the 30% generates so for spells like Ruin this DPS increase is very noticeable.

The 6 Wizard opens up the 3rd core enhansment from Archmage Chain Missile SLA, I also go tier 5 in this tree for Arcane Supremacy. MM and CM are the main DPS spells I'm using as well as Hellball, Energy Burst, Avenging Light and Ruin.

2 Favoured Soul is a very powerful splash for Shiradi builds because of Scourge, Just Reward, 4% force crit chance and the stacking maximize reduction enhansments with Archmage.

Active heroic past life feats:
    1 x Bard, 1 x Druid, 3 x all other classes.

Active iconic past life feats:
    3 x Bladeforged, 3 x PDK, 3 x Morninglord...

Active epic past life feats:
    3 x all epic past life feats!

Tomes:
    Plus 6 tome on every ability stat! Plus 7 tome of strength. Plus 4 tome on every skill except UMD. Plus 3 tome of UMD. Plus 5 tomes of Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Jump, Heal, Hide, Haggle, Move Silent, Preform and Swim.

Base stats:
    Strength 10
    Dexterity 6
    Constitution 20
    Intelligence 18 + level ups
    Wisdon 6
    Charisma 12

leveling order:
    lvl 1 FVS. Insightful Reflexes.
    Lvl 2
    WIZ. Quicken Spell.
    Lvl 3
    WAR. Completionist, Fey Pact.
    Lvl4
    WAR.
    Lvl 5
    WIZ.
    Lvl 6
    WIZ. Maximize Spell.
    Lvl 7
    WIZ.
    Lvl 8
    WIZ. Empower Spell.
    lvl 9
    WAR. Mental Toughness.
    lvl 10
    WAR.
    lvl 11
    WAR.
    Lvl 12
    WAR. Improved Mental Toughness.
    lvl 13
    WAR.
    Lvl 14
    WAR.
    Lvl 15
    WAR. Past Life: Wizard.
    Lvl 16
    WAR.
    Lvl 17
    WAR.
    Lvl 18
    WAR. Mithral Body.
    Lvl 19
    WIZ.
    Lvl 20 FVS
    Lvl 21 Epic. Wellspring of Power.
    Lvl 22 Epic.
    Lvl 23 Epic.
    Lvl 24 Epic. Master of Knowledge.
    Lvl 25 Epic.
    Lvl 26 Epic. Spell Power:
    Force.
    Lvl 27 Epic.
    Ruin.
    Lvl 28 Epic. Hellball.

Lvl 29 Epic. Arcane Pulse.
    Lvl 30 Epic. Greater Ruin, Scion of the Plane of Fire.

Skill points Ranks.
    Concentration 23. Heal 19. Perform 11. Repair 23. Search 7. Spellcraft 23. Swim 11. Tumble 1. UMD 20.

Destiny:

Enhancments:

Twists:

Spell Book:

Gear and augments.

I will post a full gear layout for the build when I have completed it! It will include a 3pc chrono set boot, glove and bracers. 3pc slavers set crafted ring, ring and trinket. 4pc Shroud set mat opp for 28% crit damage goggle, neck, cloak and belt. I use golden orb of death and a vacuum shroud heavy mace. Legendary Heartwood Docent. Legendary Pansophic Circlet.

Video of this build.
    DPS test. Volcanic Elemental's in EE FoTP. 9,657 DPS:

14 x Skelatal Warrior's 9,100hp ea = 127,400hp
    2 x Volcanic Elemental's 255,000hp ea = 510,000hp
    Total pool of 637,400hp completed in 66 seconds.
    637,400 / 66 = 9,657 DPS

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast