Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Sestra's Build Thread

Build Index:
    My first Halfling AA build is archived in post #111.
    U22 Halfling Monk build archived in post #138.
    U23 Human Pally build archived in post #149.
    U23 Halfling AA build archived in post #158.
    U23 Elf Pally AA build archived in post #177.
    U24 Bladeforged sorc build archived in post #203.
    U24 Morninglord FVS build archived in post #215.
    U24 PDK Barbarian THF build archived in post #238.
    U24 Half-Elf Pally AA build archived in post #243.
    U25 PDK Barbarian TWF build archived in post #246.
    U25 PDK Pally MoD tank build archived in post #256.
    U26 PDK Warlock enchantment build archived in post #260.
    U26 Bladeforged "Ruin King" build archived in post #279.
    U27 Human 20 Barbarian build archived in post #284.

Sestra - Halfling. Lawful Good. 12 Monk, 6 Ranger, 2 Paladin. Arcane Archer. Fury of the Wild.

About this build:
    I've made another halfling AA for U27. Last time I played this build there was no harper or ranged power so the build has changed a bit to suit the new gear, enhansments and ranged power.

The halfling 12monk/6ranger/2pally is one of my favorite AA builds because it's strong in offence, defence and healing. Most other AA builds focus on offence and are weak in defence and healing. This build sacrifices holy sword but gains much of the lost DPS through increased IPS capabilities that halfling size brings, shooting arrows lower to the ground equals many more mobs hit with each arrow fired using IPS. Other gains include improved evasion, abundant step, completion feat, grandmaster of forms and movement speed.

Active heroic past life feats:
    1 x Bard, 1 x Druid, 3 x all other classes.

Active iconic past life feats:
    2 x Bladeforged, 3 x PDK, 3 x Morninglord...

Active epic past life feats:
    3 x all epic past life feats!

Tomes:
    Plus 6 tome on every ability stat! Plus 7 tome of strength. Plus 4 tome on every skill except UMD. Plus 3 tome of UMD. Plus 5 tomes of Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Jump, Heal, Hide, Haggle, Move Silent, Preform and Swim.

Heroic Feats:
    Point Blank Shot, Precision, Zen Archery, Ten Thousand Stars, IC-Ranged, Least Dragonmark of Healing, Improved Precise Shot, Grandmaster of Forms, Fists of Light, Completionist, Quicken Spell.

Epic Feats:
    Overwhelming Critical, Combat Archery, Blinding Speed.

Destiny Feats:
    Doubleshot,
    Positive Spell Power.

Base stats:
    Strength 12
    Dextirity 15
    Constitution 14
    Intelligence 14
    Wisdon 17+7
    Charisma 8

leveling order:
    lvl 1 Rng. Least Dragonmark of Healing.
    Lvl 2
    Mnk. Precision.
    Lvl 3
    Rng. Completionist.
    Lvl4
    Mnk. Zen Archery.
    Lvl 5
    Mnk. Fists of light.
    Lvl 6
    Rng. Point Blank Shot.
    Lvl 7
    Mnk.
    Lvl 8
    Rng.
    lvl 9
    Mnk. Quicken Spell.
    lvl 10
    Rng.
    lvl 11
    Mnk. Ten Thousand Stars.
    Lvl 12
    Rng. Improved Critical: Ranged.
    lvl 13
    Mnk.
    Lvl 14
    Mnk.
    Lvl 15
    Mnk. Improved Precise Shot.
    Lvl 16
    Mnk.
    Lvl 17
    Mnk.
    Lvl 18
    Mnk. Grandmaster of Forms.
    Lvl 19
    Pal.
    Lvl 20
    Pal.
    Lvl 21 Epic. Overwhelming Critical.
    Lvl 22 Epic.
    Lvl 23 Epic.
    Lvl 24 Epic. Combat Archery.
    Lvl 25 Epic.
    Lvl 26 Epic. Positive Spell Power.

Lvl 27 Epic. Blinding Speed.
    Lvl 28 Epic. Doubleshot.

Skill points.
    Balance 21 ranks. Concentration 23 ranks. Heal 23 ranks. Move Silently 12 ranks. Jump 5 ranks. Search 20 ranks. Swim 23 ranks. Tumble 1 rank. UMD 11 ranks.

Destiny:

Enhancments:

Twists:
    I swap pin for grim precision when raiding.

Spell Book:

Gear and augments, following is a video walk through of my gear and choices.

Stats with gear and self buffs:

Last edited by Knight_slayer; 09-11-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: updating build

I have updated my build since first posting it so some of the responses below may no longer be relevant.
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 12-21-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Community Member

Many thanks!

Will give this a shot as my next TR in spite of beeing short a few tomes and PLs.

Community Member

Removed an old version of the build I had posted to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by Ancient; 12-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Community Member

Now that I cleaned it up...

Why max diplo? To avoid kiting in parties?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post

Feats:
    1. Completionist.
    2. Least dragonmark of healing.
    3. Grandmaster of forms.
    4. Improved critical ranged.
    5. Improved precise shot.
    6. Point blank shot.
    7. Precision.
    8. Quicken.
    9. Ten thousand stars.
    10. Toughness.
    11. Zen archery

That's 11 feats...but you should only have 10 (7 standard +3 monk), unless I'm missing something? Do you find Quicken to be more valuable than Empower Healing for Cocoon/Dragonmarks?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Do you find Quicken to be more valuable than Empower Healing for Cocoon/Dragonmarks?
    A monk 12 / rgr 6 / pal 2 split can't take Emp Heal - no Cure spells.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    [/LIST]
    That's 11 feats...but you should only have 10 (7 standard +3 monk), unless I'm missing something? Do you find Quicken to be more valuable than Empower Healing for Cocoon/Dragonmarks?
    Toughness was taken as a ED feat.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Cant think of anything else.
    Titan and Abbot completions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Toughness was taken as a ED feat.
    Ah, okay.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

2015 DDO Players Council

Default Some observed flaws

100% fort and 61/48/55 saves are not going to cut it in EE Storm Horns. (~70% fort bypass and saves seem to be 70ish in EE WGU)

Also, since you are not going for overwhelming crit, Str 12. Dex 16. Con 16. Int 8. Wis 16. Cha 12 would net you +2 to all saves and two of your core skills at the minor cost of 1 point of damage(pre crit).

The damage output on the build is fairly low for a monkcher, and I really feel that you are not making as good use of your very impressive amount of past lives as you could. I also feel that, while hp is great and having more is always nice, you have more hp than is actually needed on a ranged toon. The commitment of so many feats and so much gear to grab more hp seems disproportionate to the amount of damage and utility that the build brings to a party.

The gear layout seems to be dated and includes NO HAMP resulting you you having an outrageous amount of HP which not easy to restore, even with cocoon, the amount of positive spell power you have, the halfling dragonmark, and UMD enough to use scrolls. You would get *much* better mileage, and possibly better saves, if you made the adjustments to use convalescent parrying bracers or PDK gauntlets than your current layout.

If you are actually looking for a top tier endgame build, and not just a lazy never die build, your choice of slotting 'good' on the pinion is questionable. Most mobs with dr/good are dr/good OR dr/<metal type>, which can be bypassed with your arcane archer core enhancement. When dps'n one of the significant(read: epic raid) bosses that have dr/good AND dr/<metal type> (DQ[who isn't endgame] and LoB), it is not unreasonable to twist 'stay good' over pin, have a few quivers of holy(crafted)/flametouched(chrono) arrows, or get an arti buff to bypass their DR. You used to have to do something similar AND have a DR breaker slotted, but you do not anymore so why not slot 138 positive spell power or 2d6 elemental damage?

Yes, your 1.1k hp is nice and shiny. Yes, you are not going to die, unless you go to EE Stomhorns and get crit / turned to stone. But neither is a (well played) monkcher with 900 hp and a significant bit more dps than you.

Happy questing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladislaio View Post
    Yes, your 1.1k hp is nice and shiny. Yes, you are not going to die, unless you go to EE Stomhorns and get crit / turned to stone. But neither is a (well played) monkcher with 900 hp and a significant bit more dps than you.Happy questing!
    I have solo'd all Stormhorns many times each on EE, as well as solo EE DQ, EE FOT, EE Chrono, solo 6 star every ES challenge, and solo'd just about every epic quest in the game EE. So I'm pretty sure you have no clue what you are talking about there. I have 73 slef buffed fort save that is no fail on a 1 do to epic fortification feat. I have never been flesh to stoned in what goes up, in fact I agro the boss when we run it because of my no fail against the flesh to stone. I take extra strength so I can drink silverflame potions and still use monk stance. I posted my build because of an overwhelming amount of requests for it. I've never posted a build before and never copied one from someone else. You almost seem angry at me for posting a build you don't seem to like! What's up with that? Thankyou for your feedback though and I hope you find a build you'd like to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladislaio View Post
    100% fort and 61/48/55 saves are not going to cut it in EE Storm Horns. (~70% fort bypass and saves seem to be 70ish in EE WGU)

Also, since you are not going for overwhelming crit, Str 12. Dex 16. Con 16. Int 8. Wis 16. Cha 12 would net you +2 to all saves and two of your core skills at the minor cost of 1 point of damage(pre crit).

The damage output on the build is fairly low for a monkcher, and I really feel that you are not making as good use of your very impressive amount of past lives as you could. I also feel that, while hp is great and having more is always nice, you have more hp than is actually needed on a ranged toon. The commitment of so many feats and so much gear to grab more hp seems disproportionate to the amount of damage and utility that the build brings to a party.

The gear layout seems to be dated and includes NO HAMP resulting you you having an outrageous amount of HP which not easy to restore, even with cocoon, the amount of positive spell power you have, the halfling dragonmark, and UMD enough to use scrolls. You would get *much* better mileage, and possibly better saves, if you made the adjustments to use convalescent parrying bracers or PDK gauntlets than your current layout.

If you are actually looking for a top tier endgame build, and not just a lazy never die build, your choice of slotting 'good' on the pinion is questionable. Most mobs with dr/good are dr/good OR dr/<metal type>, which can be bypassed with your arcane archer core enhancement. When dps'n one of the significant(read: epic raid) bosses that have dr/good AND dr/<metal type> (DQ[who isn't endgame] and LoB), it is not unreasonable to twist 'stay good' over pin, have a few quivers of holy(crafted)/flametouched(chrono) arrows, or get an arti buff to bypass their DR. You used to have to do something similar AND have a DR breaker slotted, but you do not anymore so why not slot 138 positive spell power or 2d6 elemental damage?

Yes, your 1.1k hp is nice and shiny. Yes, you are not going to die, unless you go to EE Stomhorns and get crit / turned to stone. But neither is a (well played) monkcher with 900 hp and a significant bit more dps than you.

Happy questing!
    I've always been a fan of burst DPS builds, hence the Sithali and his dual bursting ability with OC.
    I have yet to find a more survivable build than Sestra's halfling AA.

Most of your criticism is based of Ses' gear.
    More Healing am? Easily slotted in the build by losing +2 con from bracers.. no big deal... especially since Ses has 3 paladin PLs.
    Fort? Again, easily modified.
    His Good slotted pinion? Lol, he has 2 Pinions, one for DPS, another for DR breaking.

DPS wise, you lose 4 points of base damage and 1 crit multiplier on 19-20. What you gain is incredibly powerful: no fail fort save on 1, quicken (quickened heals x5 & quickened cocoon with 315 positive spell power.. yeah..) and more hitpoints. And really, you have to be kidding about "the outrageous amount of hitpoints not easy to restore.."

The ONLY difference between a max DPS AA & Sestra's toon is dropping OC to pick up 4 feats that are a huge boost to self sufficiency & survivability, which is, after all, what Sesta likes to have.

What I've always loved about AAs is the ease to adapt one to your playstyle. Sestra likes having a survivable toon (he is the only one so far to have soloed EEDQ), I like to have nice burst DPS (Human Dual Boosting AA with OC), others like high base damage (Elf).. all you have to do is change the starting stats & a couple of feats.

Anyway, I think it's a bit easy for you to criticize a build you haven't even played.

Sith

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Halfling powah!

Nice to see the dragonmarks on a powergamer build. I've actually been considering dropping them on my halflings (got them on two melees currently) but with Chimera's Crown and a high pos spellpower I can imagine even the CMW one gets you a fair amount of healing.

EDIT: Btw I've seen you on Ghallanda a few times and was wondering whether the name of your toon had a meaning or whether it was a coincidence, as Sestra is Czech (and Slovak and possibly Slovenian as well) for "sister".
    Last edited by Micron; 11-14-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

Nice build Sestra, gave me a few ideas

Thank you for sharing.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    EDIT: Sestra is Czech for "sister".
    Correct. However I am not Czech, do not speak Czech and know nothing else about Czech! I just liked the sound of the word and made a Halfling female called Sestra.

Community Member

Default Leveling order?

Does the level you take the classes matter for this build? I'd imagine taking Ranger at level 1 for more skill points, and having 12 Monk levels by level 18 to take Grandmaster of Forms. When is best to take the Paladin levels? Any other leveling order considerations? Thank you and I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Community Member

Where are the barb levels?!

Quote Originally Posted by NSakuma View Post
    Does the level you take the classes matter for this build? I'd imagine taking Ranger at level 1 for more skill points, and having 12 Monk levels by level 18 to take Grandmaster of Forms. When is best to take the Paladin levels? Any other leveling order considerations? Thank you and I'm looking forward to trying this out.
    Personally I'd get ranger 6 early for manyshot followed by monk 6 for 10k stars so you can go ranged all the time without being gimp. that would mean leaving the paladin levels until 19/20 but that wouldn't really be a problem, you should have enough saves without the pal levels in heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    Where are the barb levels?!
    Random troll is random?
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast