Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrawingGuy View Post
    Both races are a strong fit for a self-sufficient player, but it seems to me that Bladeforged is a step ahead in this equation... not that you struggle with your Halfling. I'm wondering if you've already tried BF and why you went Halfling over Bladeforged (in case I'm missing something here like I was with the 4 vs 2 pally ).
    There is another very big plus to the halfling that you have not mentioned which is that the halfling shoots its arrows lower to the ground than any other class. This means you get full IPS damage when fighting small mobs like wolves, dogs, spiders(not tiny spiders but all others) and any other mob that is low to the ground. I recently did a PDK life and the difference in DPS when pulling smaller mobs is huge. You basicly loose IPS on half the mobs in the game which is a 300-800% damage increase depending on how many you can hit/pull. It's a huge difference and is worth trying the halfling just to see what I'm talking about.

Default Gear, weapon and build stats update.

With the introduction of Thunder-Forged weapons I have made some big changes to my gear setup and to starting stats. I edited the changes in to my OP. Here are the main changes:

The new gear - PDK gauntlets. Ring of deciet. Deadly 10 ring of resistance 10. Litany of the dead. Necklace of mystic eidolons. epic chamera's crown. Complete thunderforged longbow (touch of flames, 2nd degree burns, mortal fear).

New starting stats to match new gear: str-12, dex-16, con-15, int-8, wis-15, cha-15.

I also posted a step by step noob proof video of leveling up 1-28. HERE is a link.

Fair point. Though this means I have a Ring of Deceit to farm as that ruins my Epic Master Artificer ring and Backstabber gloves combo.
    Last edited by DrawingGuy; 04-28-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    There is another very big plus to the halfling that you have not mentioned which is that the halfling shoots its arrows lower to the ground than any other class. This means you get full IPS damage when fighting small mobs like wolves, dogs, spiders(not tiny spiders but all others) and any other mob that is low to the ground. I recently did a PDK life and the difference in DPS when pulling smaller mobs is huge. You basicly loose IPS on half the mobs in the game which is a 300-800% damage increase depending on how many you can hit/pull. It's a huge difference and is worth trying the halfling just to see what I'm talking about.
    This is valid point. As much as I enjoyed my bf monkcher, IPS really sucked and it was hard for me to hit most of the mobs. Right now I am leveling halfling version and I can see huge difference.

Default Halfling...

You can compare and discuss all you want on paper BUT to understand this build, you must try it. Period.

(not aimed at anyone)

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by commando4290 View Post
    You can compare and discuss all you want on paper BUT to understand this build, you must try it. Period.

(not aimed at anyone)

Just saying.

Beautiful /thread!

Sestra, what character build interests do you have other than monkchers? Just wondering, since you've done a great job in this field. I find myself liking to make too many builds and you seem to like perfecting one idea at a time. (I've been stalking this thread for a long time, with good reason...)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Xiadais View Post
    Sestra, what character build interests do you have other than monkchers? Just wondering, since you've done a great job in this field. I find myself liking to make too many builds and you seem to like perfecting one idea at a time.
    I enjoy playing casters, devine and arcane but currently have a sorc and wizard at cap. Before the game went in to epic levels I played these toons a lot more but with the amount of grind needed to play a maxed out toon these days I wasn't able to keep up with all 3. Now days these toons sit at cap and I use them for raiding while I'm working on Ses or when we realy realy need an arcane!

I would say for heroic leveling a DC focused cleric is my favorite zerging class, yes even more powerful than sorc IMO. I take 1 level of monk for easy melee leveling 1-8 then with double holy smites to level 12. BB tears quests up 12-18 then slayliving, destruction and implosion added for higher HP mobs in the vale, amarath, reavers refruge, IQ etc.

For a long time I played Ses as a 8fighter, 6monk, 6rog melee short sword ninja spy DPS build. After epic levels were introduced I swapped to an AC DC focused 18monk, 2rog GMF(can't resist the chance to plug an iconic Aussie band!). I did a lot of soloing on these two melee builds and still have the desire to play Ses as a melee solo build again, not sure when or if it will ever happen though.

With the introduction of epic GH and FOT I found myself playing my 18,2 monk rog as a ranger. I already had zen archery and ten thousand stars in the build so swapping 6 monk for 6 ranger just made sence to pick up a second burst. This was the birth of the build I play today.

I got a nice random drop belt from haunted halls the other day, con 10 seeker 10, so I'm swapping out the skullduggery kit. Swapped Goloms Heart augment in Mystic Eidolon's for false life 40. Swapped con 8 augment in Ring of Deciet for power 250.

Lose: Goloms Heart, +6 dex skills, +6 int skills.
    Gain: +28 HP, +1 fort save, +250 spell points.

I use the Manual of Stealthy Pilfering when searching anyway so the int skills loss doesn't mean anything. Balance is nice but considering the gains I think its a good trade. Goloms Heart can be nice for soloing in dungeons where you take constant damage. The rest of the time it is pretty much useless, it can even be bad when invis running quests like haunted halls if a mob sets off the guard and everything around you takes AOE damage! lol, had that happen.
    Last edited by Knight_slayer; 05-07-2014 at 05:36 PM.

<snip>
    Gain: <snip> +250 spell points.
    <snip>
    So that's why your SP was always so gimp! I was wondering, lol.
    Of course, you probably don't need it for the majority of content anyway, but still nice that you're getting some SP.

Thanks for the response to my previous post / questions, good read.

Community Member

Default I need help.

I don't know how to set up a new thread, on ddo forum.
    Pls help me.

Default Archived old AA build.

Sestra - 12 Monk, 6 Ranger, 2 Paladin. Lawful Good. Halfling. Arcane Archer. Fury of the Wild.

Active past life feats:
    3 x monk, 3 x ranger, 3 x arti, 3 x barb, 3 x fighter, 3 x pally, 3 x rog, 3 x wiz, 2 x sorc, 2 x fvs, 1 x clreic, 1 x druid, 1 x bard...

Active epic past life feats:
    3 x Queen, 3 x Brace, 3 x Enchant Weapon, 3 x Fortification, 3 x Life & Death, 3 x Doubleshot, 3 x Skill Mastery, 3 x Block Energy, 2 x Arcane Alacrity, 2 x Fast Healing, 1 x Doublestrike...

Tomes:
    Plus 5 tome on every ability stat! Plus 4 tome on every skill except UMD. Plus 3 tome of UMD. Plus 5 tomes of Bluff, Jump, Hide, Haggle and Swim.

Feats:
    Completionist. Least dragonmark of healing. Favored enemy undead, dragon. Grandmaster of forms. Improved critical ranged. Improved precise shot. Fists of light. Point blank shot. Precision. Quicken. Ten thousand stars. Zen archery.

Epic Feats:
    Positive spell power. Maximize spell. Combat archery. Blinding speed. Forced escape.

Base stats:
    Str 12. Dex 16. Con 15. Int 8. Wis 15. Cha 15. Level up in to wisdom.

leveling order:
    lvl 1 Rng. Least dragonmark of healing. (class feat) Favored enemy undead.
    Lvl 2 Mnk. (class feat) Precision.
    Lvl 3 Rng. Completionist.
    Lvl4 Rng.
    Lvl 5 Rng.
    Lvl 6 Rng. Point blank shot, (class feat) Favored enemy dragon.
    Lvl 7 Rng.
    Lvl 8 Mnk. (class feat) Zen archery.
    lvl 9 Mnk. Quicken, (class feat) Path of Harmonious Balance:Fists of Light.
    lvl 10 Mnk.
    lvl 11 Mnk.
    Lvl 12 Mnk. Improved critical ranged. (class feat) Ten thousand stars.
    lvl 13 Mnk.
    Lvl 14 Mnk.
    Lvl 15. Mnk. Improved precise shot.
    Lvl 16 Mnk.
    Lvl 17 Mnk.
    Lvl 18 Mnk. Grandmaster of forms.
    Lvl 19 Pally. (class feat) Follower of the silver flame.
    Lvl 20 Pally.
    Lvl 21 Epic. Combat archery.
    Lvl 22 Epic.
    Lvl 23 Epic.
    Lvl 24 Epic. Maximize spell.
    Lvl 25 Epic.
    Lvl 26 Epic. Positive spell power.
    Lvl 27 Epic. Blinding speed.
    Lvl 28 Epic. Forced escape.

Skill points.
    UMD maxed. Diplo maxed. Heal maxed. Concentration maxed. Some points in Search.

HERE is a video of the build start to finish.

Destiny:
    Fury of the wild. Primal scream T3. Damage reduction T3. Sence weekness T3. Constitution 4 points. Fury eternal. Unbridled fury.

Enhancments:
    I will just give what I think is important and the AP I spent in the tree.
    Halfling - Heal, leaches, 12 AP.
    Arcane archer - Rune bow, arrow of slaying, improved elemental stances, 35 AP.
    Deepwood stalker - Damage boost T3, sniper shot 13 AP.
    Knight of the chalice - Divine might T3, 11 AP
    Henshin mystic - Contemplation T3, 8 AP
    Shintao - core ability, 1 AP

Twists:
    Bane of undeath. A dance of flowers. Rejuvenation cocoon. Pin (swap for Dragonhide when raiding)

Gear and augments:
    Head - Epic Chamera's crown (globe of imperial blood, blindness immunity).
    Goggles - Intricate Field Optics (epic elite insight 3 wisdom, Good Luck 2, insight cha 2).
    Robe - Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe (100% fort).
    Bracers -Dumathoin's Bracers (protection 8).
    Boots - Orcish Privateer's Boots (balance 13).
    1st ring - Ring of deciet (power 250, wisdom 8).
    2nd ring - Deadly 10 of resistance 10.
    Gloves - Iron Mitts (insight str 2).
    Belt - Con 10, Seeker 10.
    Cloak - Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf.
    Trinket - Litany of the dead.
    Neck - Necklace of mystic eidolons (false life 40).
    Main weapon - Complete thunder-forged alloy longbow. Touch of flames, 2nd degree burns, mortal fear (devotion 138, heal 13)
    Quiver - Quiver of Poison (epic elite)

Stats with gear and earth stance only:
    Str-31. Dex-38. Con-46. Int-17. Wis-44. Cha-34.
    HP-1116
    SP-922
    AC-145
    Dodge-16%
    Fort save-65
    Reflex save-59
    Will save-61
    BAB +21/+24
    Fortification-130%
    PRR-81(36.20%)
    Positive spell power-398

Skills with gear and earth stance only:
    UMD-42. Spot-54. Search-39(+37 with gear and buffs). Move Silently-59. Heal-85. Diplomacy-75. Concentration-62. Bluff-57.

Solo capable!
    This is a video of an EE Fall of Truth solo using my new gear setup, recorded post U21.

Default Maximize?

Why maximize? Sorry if it was already asked somewhere in the comments. I don't see the use in it, it doesn't affect rejuvenation cocoon or heal, and as far as I can see those are the only spell you'd use, unless maybe its for your lesser dragonmarks?

Community Member

hinted at answer earlier in thread but yes mostly for the heal dragonmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Zakan View Post
    Why maximize? unless maybe its for your lesser dragonmarks?
    Exactly.

How do you find the power of a melee compared to what you had with your monkcher? I can understand the switch especially with the recent incoming changes.

What are some other builds you considered?
    ~Sarlona~ - Proud Member of The Unrepentant
    Maelodic - Rockin all the day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    How do you find the power of a melee compared to what you had with your monkcher? I can understand the switch especially with the recent incoming changes.

What are some other builds you considered?
    In EE raids like FOT, Peaks, Deathwyrm and MA the AA build was very powerful. In the other 95% of content my melee is 10x more powerful than the AA. I'm looking foward to the upcoming changes to melee.

I wanted to make a pure melee, tossed up between a few different styles but went with the halfling monk because its most suited to my playstyle and what I wanted to be able to achieve on the build.

Hi there. I'm planning on using your build for next life as it looks like a lot of fun, and I've gotten a little bored of playing monkchers on my main the last year. Although I don't have as many epic pl's as you, I do have completionist and 3 monk pl's, plus most of the optimal gear that you have listed. However I've been gone from the game for a little while so my question to you though sir, is could you explain to me how your able to hit 162 ac?

Anyhow looks like a cracking build.
    Mausetrap / Meowingtons / Ppuple / Mausegurl

Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by 777atheaven View Post
    Hi there. I'm planning on using your build for next life as it looks like a lot of fun, and I've gotten a little bored of playing monkchers on my main the last year. Although I don't have as many epic pl's as you, I do have completionist and 3 monk pl's, plus most of the optimal gear that you have listed. However I've been gone from the game for a little while so my question to you though sir, is could you explain to me how your able to hit 162 ac?

Anyhow looks like a cracking build.
    AC breakdown from my character sheet.

Default Gear changes

I have been testing with some new gear setups. I swapped my con10 seeker 10 belt for battlerager's harness, adamantine cloak of the bear for wisdom 10 resistance 10 cloak and my heal amp 20% TOD ring for consuming darkness.

I loose 20% heal amp and 2 con (yes thats a lot) .
    I gain 2 wisdom, 2 resistance, 2 seeker, 2 golom's heart and battlerager's harness (perma 14% doublestrike and some other nice goodies).

I went back to EE WGU with this new setup and took two minutes off my PB on second attempt. The first attempt ended in death with the boss on 10k HP at 21 minutes in. That would have been a 22 minute completion had I not sucked serverely in that crucial moment.

The new setup does lose some survivability but the build was a little overkill in that area to begin with so its not as big a deal as it sounds.

2015 DDO Players Council

Lvl 7 Ftr. Cleave.
    Lvl 8 Mnk. Fists of light.
    lvl 9 Mnk. Great cleave.
    lvl 10 Mnk.
    lvl 11 Mnk. Power attack.
    Cleave has Power Attack as a prerequisite, your documented feat order is wrong or they have bugged the Power Attack line.
    Poppytop of Khyber; I have no alts. Sodapoppy, Poppydieslot, and Poppytart may never be seen in the same party as me but, I assure you, that is because of reasons other than their being alts.
    Come party with the Poppy! Join the BrattyTop flight!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast