Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member lipidoidal_maniac's Avatar

Default chances we'll see a little love when u20 comes for epic toons?

Think there is a chance epic level toons will be spotted comms of valour so we don't have to regrind 100+ qwests to do an epic tr?
    Orien! Kerkos wiz-> sorc -> druid -> bard -> rogue ->
    monk ->ranger -> artificer -> favored soul -> paladin
    Blighttongue barb -> ranger -> fighter -> monk
    Seekn cleric -> fvs -> druid

Community Member

Nope. That's why the Karma mechanic was added to the game. You must grind out Karma. And all players will start in the same spot when its unveiled.

Community Member

Actually, if you have max'd a destiny out in a sphere, then you start with 6 million karma for that sphere. Otherwise, you start with total karma for that sphere equal to the amount of experience you have gained in all destinies in that sphere combined. So, the only ones starting at zero karma are those who have never gained any experience in any epic destiny.

Community Member

If they do give free comms I am going to be really annoyed that they did not warn us in advance that they were going to. I finally TRed again yesterday morning (since I thought it would be some time before update 20). Then later that afternoon I saw the announcement that update 20 was coming out this Tuesday. Not letting us know sooner was bad enough, but if it means I will lose out on free comms I will be most annoyed. One of the reasons I TRed was because I figured I would have to earn all my comms anyway so I may as well start earning at 20 rather than sitting at 28.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

I doubt it. I expect you'll get whatever amount of karma you have owing to you, but no free commendations, such that characters already at the cap will be able to choose between earning the new currency, or purchasing the heart from the store and Epic True Reincarnating immediately.

I could be wrong, but it would seem like a reasonable approach.

If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    So if you've maxed out all your EDs prior to U20, do you get anything extra or not?

Other than ghostbane, of course.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

Do you not understand that running in off-destinies is a sucky bucket of un-fun?

Put shears back in the store.

When you epic tr, will there be something changed on your char, like when we heroic tr we get those things left and right of our name.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Do you not understand that running in off-destinies is a sucky bucket of un-fun?
    Only if the majority of your build's viability comes from a specific Epic Destiny.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    So if you've maxed out all your EDs prior to U20, do you get anything extra or not?

Other than ghostbane, of course.
    Please answer this question. What happens if you have all EDs maxed?

Or what about if you have a sphere maxed? Do you gain 18 mill Karma XP? Do you keep the left-over Karma (if it's 6 mill needed to epic tr) after you Epic TR?
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Only if the majority of your build's viability comes from a specific Epic Destiny.
    Wrong.

Just parrot what I say, you might enjoy being right for a change.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Please answer this question. What happens if you have all EDs maxed?

Or what about if you have a sphere maxed? Do you gain 18 mill Karma XP? Do you keep the left-over Karma (if it's 6 mill needed to epic tr) after you Epic TR?
    You'll have 6 million karma in all spheres that's it there's no bonus for having more than one per sphere maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You'll have 6 million karma in all spheres that's it there's no bonus for having more than one per sphere maxed.
    Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing you most likely did it when Impossible Demands could be farmed endlessly without having the XP drop. It might have been mind-numbingly boring but it certainly worked for those who couldn't stand running in off-destinies for any longer than necessary.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

GZ for epic fail.

This means, we got choice to:
    TR now, and wait at lvl20, essentially wasting 6,6 million XP.
    or
    Wait until u20, and grind comms, essentially wasting 6 million XP from karma we won't be getting.

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This means, we got choice to:
    TR now, and wait at lvl20, essentially wasting 6,6 million XP.
    or
    Wait until u20, and grind comms, essentially wasting 6 million XP from karma we won't be getting.
    Or simply not TR. Extra fate points are nice, but everything else seems like a waste of time.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Put shears back in the store.
    i wont reward them when they implement an intentional irritation and time sink grind like off destiny grinding. i either do it or i don't. their numbers will never tell them this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i wont reward them when they implement an intentional irritation and time sink grind like off destiny grinding. i either do it or i don't. their numbers will never tell them this though.
    Bah . . . one shear a life? it's worth it to not have to play divine on a melee or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    When you epic tr, will there be something changed on your char, like when we heroic tr we get those things left and right of our name.
    they are called wings, but yes, i would like to see something that shows an epic reincarnation similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    they are called wings, but yes, i would like to see something that shows an epic reincarnation similarly.
    I wouldn't care if they added something in the examine dialog, but the wings and anything similar should just disappear. In the past they tended to be an indicator for an experienced player, but any chance of that being the case anymore is very slim. They're basically meaningless clutter at this point.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast