Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Community Member lipidoidal_maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33

    Default chances we'll see a little love when u20 comes for epic toons?

    Think there is a chance epic level toons will be spotted comms of valour so we don't have to regrind 100+ qwests to do an epic tr?
    Orien! Kerkos wiz-> sorc -> druid -> bard -> rogue ->
    monk ->ranger -> artificer -> favored soul -> paladin
    Blighttongue barb -> ranger -> fighter -> monk
    Seekn cleric -> fvs -> druid

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Nope. That's why the Karma mechanic was added to the game. You must grind out Karma. And all players will start in the same spot when its unveiled.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Actually, if you have max'd a destiny out in a sphere, then you start with 6 million karma for that sphere. Otherwise, you start with total karma for that sphere equal to the amount of experience you have gained in all destinies in that sphere combined. So, the only ones starting at zero karma are those who have never gained any experience in any epic destiny.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    598

    Default

    If they do give free comms I am going to be really annoyed that they did not warn us in advance that they were going to. I finally TRed again yesterday morning (since I thought it would be some time before update 20). Then later that afternoon I saw the announcement that update 20 was coming out this Tuesday. Not letting us know sooner was bad enough, but if it means I will lose out on free comms I will be most annoyed. One of the reasons I TRed was because I figured I would have to earn all my comms anyway so I may as well start earning at 20 rather than sitting at 28.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    453

    Default

    I doubt it. I expect you'll get whatever amount of karma you have owing to you, but no free commendations, such that characters already at the cap will be able to choose between earning the new currency, or purchasing the heart from the store and Epic True Reincarnating immediately.

    I could be wrong, but it would seem like a reasonable approach.

  6. #6
    DDO Senior Producer Glin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    87

    Default

    If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

    If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

    After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

    Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    ---------------
    follow me on Twitter @producerglin

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

    If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

    After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

    Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    So if you've maxed out all your EDs prior to U20, do you get anything extra or not?

    Other than ghostbane, of course.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

  8. #8
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post

    After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)
    Do you not understand that running in off-destinies is a sucky bucket of un-fun?

    Put shears back in the store.

  9. #9
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

    If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

    After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

    Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    When you epic tr, will there be something changed on your char, like when we heroic tr we get those things left and right of our name.

  10. #10
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Do you not understand that running in off-destinies is a sucky bucket of un-fun?
    Only if the majority of your build's viability comes from a specific Epic Destiny.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  11. #11
    Founder Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretchicus View Post
    So if you've maxed out all your EDs prior to U20, do you get anything extra or not?

    Other than ghostbane, of course.
    Please answer this question. What happens if you have all EDs maxed?

    Or what about if you have a sphere maxed? Do you gain 18 mill Karma XP? Do you keep the left-over Karma (if it's 6 mill needed to epic tr) after you Epic TR?
    Dorian

  12. #12
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Only if the majority of your build's viability comes from a specific Epic Destiny.
    Wrong.

    Just parrot what I say, you might enjoy being right for a change.

  13. #13
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Please answer this question. What happens if you have all EDs maxed?

    Or what about if you have a sphere maxed? Do you gain 18 mill Karma XP? Do you keep the left-over Karma (if it's 6 mill needed to epic tr) after you Epic TR?
    You'll have 6 million karma in all spheres that's it there's no bonus for having more than one per sphere maxed.

  14. #14
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You'll have 6 million karma in all spheres that's it there's no bonus for having more than one per sphere maxed.
    Not to mention the satisfaction of knowing you most likely did it when Impossible Demands could be farmed endlessly without having the XP drop. It might have been mind-numbingly boring but it certainly worked for those who couldn't stand running in off-destinies for any longer than necessary.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  15. #15
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    If you have an Epic Destiny maxed out you will receive 6mill karma in that sphere when U20 launches, after logging in your character.

    If you have maxed out an Epic Destiny prior to U20, we are going to assume you could have earned enough Karma to Epic Reincarnate that sphere. If you happen to have completed one Epic Destiny in each sphere, you are all set to reincarnate in each sphere for each Epic Life.

    After U20, you will have to earn the 6 mill karma as you level your destinies. (you do not have to level all the destinies, but three Epic Destinies is just under 6 mill XP)

    Sorry to say, we are not giving out Vcomms at the same time. We would be more likely to give out Epic Hearts in that situation, but that is not planned for U20 launch.
    We will be announcing a promotion for VIP to earn Epic Hearts of Wood, and there will be advanced warning about that so people can prepare.
    GZ for epic fail.

    This means, we got choice to:
    TR now, and wait at lvl20, essentially wasting 6,6 million XP.
    or
    Wait until u20, and grind comms, essentially wasting 6 million XP from karma we won't be getting.

    Brilliant.

  16. #16
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This means, we got choice to:
    TR now, and wait at lvl20, essentially wasting 6,6 million XP.
    or
    Wait until u20, and grind comms, essentially wasting 6 million XP from karma we won't be getting.
    Or simply not TR. Extra fate points are nice, but everything else seems like a waste of time.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  17. #17
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Do you not understand that running in off-destinies is a sucky bucket of un-fun?

    Put shears back in the store.
    i wont reward them when they implement an intentional irritation and time sink grind like off destiny grinding. i either do it or i don't. their numbers will never tell them this though.

  18. #18
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i wont reward them when they implement an intentional irritation and time sink grind like off destiny grinding. i either do it or i don't. their numbers will never tell them this though.
    Bah . . . one shear a life? it's worth it to not have to play divine on a melee or vice versa.

  19. #19
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    When you epic tr, will there be something changed on your char, like when we heroic tr we get those things left and right of our name.
    they are called wings, but yes, i would like to see something that shows an epic reincarnation similarly.

  20. #20
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    they are called wings, but yes, i would like to see something that shows an epic reincarnation similarly.
    I wouldn't care if they added something in the examine dialog, but the wings and anything similar should just disappear. In the past they tended to be an indicator for an experienced player, but any chance of that being the case anymore is very slim. They're basically meaningless clutter at this point.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload