Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Having a bit more notice on when an update is scheduled for release would be really helpful. Some of us have TR projects in the works that we now have to rush to work on because of the changes coming to the experience requirements with U20. Thanks for putting your players first!
    What detrimental changes are being thrust upon you that invalidate your current levelling plans?

You do realise that the 3rd life XP curve is being dropped quite a chunk don't you?

And you're now complaining that update 20 that's been around on Lamannia for a while now isn't giving you 2 weeks notice?

Most of us would be saying if it's ready for release then just roll it out. If you're waiting until the entire forum community sign off on every bit of detail then you should know by now that'll never happen.

Just roll it out and get on with it.

U20! Crikeys...I'm still waddeling through U14 material.

Dang.
    Professional Noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Certainly a better one would be releasing with proper marketing, with due emphasis on improvements compared to preview and addressing player concerns. You know, the proper thing anyone who cares about public opinion would do.
    Naturally, but you cant make everyone happy, especially the loudest ones....

That said, I'm not exactly thrilled with U20.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    What detrimental changes are being thrust upon you that invalidate your current levelling plans?

You do realise that the 3rd life XP curve is being dropped quite a chunk don't you?

And you're now complaining that update 20 that's been around on Lamannia for a while now isn't giving you 2 weeks notice?

Most of us would be saying if it's ready for release then just roll it out. If you're waiting until the entire forum community sign off on every bit of detail then you should know by now that'll never happen.

I agree with the part in red 100%. That's why I would very much like to see some more time spent before rolling it out. Take the time to actually FIX the Epic Destiny twist exploit instead of just making it available to a portion of the DDO playing public. Take a look at some of the bugs that have been reported on Llamaland. Fix some more of the exploits (and maybe a couple of the bugs that adversely effect players as well) that are currently well known.

Spend some time to do it right.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yup, Update 20 is currently scheduled for the 12th! We'll have more details on the exact "when" next week, but you can expect the typical downtime window.
    If it does go live next Tues, or even next week, it'll be right when I had predicted. I said it would go live with the close of Mabar (before that got cut so short), which was scheduled until Nov 11.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Having a bit more notice on when an update is scheduled for release would be really helpful. Some of us have TR projects in the works that we now have to rush to work on because of the changes coming to the experience requirements with U20. Thanks for putting your players first!
    When the update hits Lamannia, that is your approximate 1 month notice before release. To complain about not having enough notice ahead of time is ridiculous, since you've KNOWN for a month now that is was soon to come.

Yup, Update 20 is currently scheduled for the 12th! We'll have more details on the exact "when" next week, but you can expect the typical downtime window.
    The dev tracker isn't showing this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The dev tracker isn't showing this post.
    Yes it is, I found that post via the Dev tracker. good thing too since I was starting to wonder when to expect the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenAmazing View Post
    U20! Crikeys...I'm still waddeling through U14 material.

Dang.
    yes Raven, that's how I felt when U19 came out. I've never ran a CitW yet.
    I'm so spread out (playing on two servers) that I barely have people flagged for it.
    we can hope for a little bit of slowing down of content release so some of us can catch back up.

Quote Originally Posted by heart_healer View Post
    yes Raven, that's how I felt when U19 came out. I've never ran a CitW yet.
    I'm so spread out (playing on two servers) that I barely have people flagged for it.
    we can hope for a little bit of slowing down of content release so some of us can catch back up.
    LOL. i tried to catch up after Chrono release, whatever update that was. i was down to a few shards/seals needed for my characters for them to be completely done with gear. after MOTU i just gave up and started TR trains for them. none of my characters still don't have any expansion gear and i ran a CITW for the first and only time about 2 months ago. haven't done a FOT yet.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by dragondragondragon View Post
    I got a ghostbane.
    EVERYONE got a Ghostbane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Naturally, but you cant make everyone happy, especially the loudest ones....
    This is the point though; such efforts would make MORE people happy and MARGINALIZE the loudest ones.

With enough effort, one could make **** look like sunshine and visa versa. Most of actual DDO content is decent or better, so Turbine doesn't even need this kind of opinion-bending, just to focus attention on the good and away from the bad. Sure, the "loud ones" would still yell, but you would take away the reasons for the rest to join in.

As for U20 itself, only time will tell. If it's just a transitioning step to something else already in the works for U21-22, then we'll likely forget all the rage soon enough. If it's to become the defining feature of the game for the next year, then let's just say I agree with your assessment.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    This is the point though; such efforts would make MORE people happy and MARGINALIZE the loudest ones.
    Not true at all.

The loudest ones are never happy, and are already marginalized. And this is proof of that. If Turbine says nothing, some people cry they don't communicate. If they get out there and do DDOCast, a stellar interview, which amounted to two hours of unrehearsed back n forth communication which answered lots of the community's questions, they scream HEYYYY NO GOOD!!! If they do a popular gaming site, which amounted to excellent exposure to the outside mmo world, they cry HEYYY NO GOOD!!!

No matter WHAT turbine does, there will always be a minute part of the playerbase, usually the exploiters/those already banned/those whose friends got banned who will cry, and the real message gets lost. All that gets heard is the "Turbine is incompetent" chant. In this interview and in the DDOCast interview, Turbine did good. They should be commended.

They need to do MORE DDOCast, more gaming sites. As much exposure as they can get. They seem to be doing as much, when there's something to talk about. You should be lucky there is ANYTHING to talk about after more than 7 years of this game

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    EVERYONE got a Ghostbane.
    ... and I though there were a lot of Clubs of the Holy Flame lying around...

maybe we can do a bridge woodstock festival thing for Ghostbane Club of the Holy Flame for U21, perfect for mailing to your "favorite" guildie ....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post

No matter WHAT turbine does, there will always be a minute part of the playerbase, usually the exploiters/those already banned/those whose friends got banned who will cry, and the real message gets lost. All that gets heard is the "Turbine is incompetent" chant. In this interview and in the DDOCast interview, Turbine did good. They should be commended.
    Nice broad brush you're using there pal.
    So anyone who dares to raise a voice in dissent is obviously an "exploiter, banned or friend of those banned"?
    Nice one fanboi. Like the label?

I dare to raise my voice occasionally and I am none of the above - sorry to burst your bubble world of rainbows and unicorns.

And there have been several instances lately where a respectable amount of the playerbase has arced up in dissent. Some even caused Turbine to change direction so I really don't think I would characterize or dismiss that as a "minute part of the playerbase".
    How does that fit your narrow view of the world?

Sure, there are the whiners who complain regardless, just like there are those who kiss @ss regardless of what Turbine release.
    And in between we get some sensible and well constructed debate.
    Turbine should be called on their poor quality and poorly conceived ideas - just as I would for any other product I am paying for.
    Just because it is entertainment does not free them from any responsibility to their player base. People will leave and I don't want that, so I think constructive feedback (good and bad news) is the most valuable information Turbine could harvest from its playerbase - shame they don't seem to do so.

And whilst you and I may find the whiners annoying, at least they are interested in the game enough to whine.

I don't think labelling people as exploiters or any other derogatory label because they have a different perspective to you is especially constructive or earns you much respect.

Community Member

Any word yet on the TP cost for this one? I'm still rather shocked they're charging for 2 quests and this may well be the first pack I don't buy.
    How much Ghost could a Ghostbane Bane if a Ghostbane could Bane Ghost?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    Any word yet on the TP cost for this one? I'm still rather shocked they're charging for 2 quests and this may well be the first pack I don't buy.
    They're not charging for them anymore. Of course instead of announcing it here it is they announce it in the article (and the comment section of the article).

Today is the 11th and no "server downtime" message has been posted. So, clearly it isn't happening on the 12th? Or, super late notice for downtime on the 12th to help inspire nerd rage at the late notice?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    Today is the 11th and no "server downtime" message has been posted. So, clearly it isn't happening on the 12th? Or, super late notice for downtime on the 12th to help inspire nerd rage at the late notice?
    I noticed your join date is 2009. I'm surprised you haven't noticed Turbine's trend of "scheduled downtimes" being announced 1 hour prior to the downtime by now.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

The character I have that was recently TR'd is in his second life and at 8th level. The levels between there and 16 are going to take more experience to get through than they currently do. I had TR'd him with plans to get him back to 20 shortly, but then a guildie (and friend) I haven't been able to play with in a while had time during the times I am on. So, I switched to playing epic level characters with him, thinking U20 wasn't going to be out until December. I don't regularly read the Lammania forums since I really don't have time for it. I keep up on the General forum and get as much news as I can from there. By the time I saw it was scheduled for 12 Nov, it was already 7 Nov. How is that two weeks? Not that I had requested two weeks' notice. Also, where in my post did I even imply that releasing an update should wait until the entire forum community signed off? Thanks for putting words in my mouth and just generally making **** up!
    Last edited by Coyopa; 11-11-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast