Community Member

Default Players: "Ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane!" Turbine: "....moustaches moustaches"

Seriously, this coming right after The Weekend Where The Forums A-sploded with the whole v-comm debacle, you'd think Turbine would want to be a little more communicative and not just let the forum rage smoulder...

This entire week, as you've all seen, is dominated by sarcasm about Ghostbane. But the Devs haven't found time to post about anything this entire week, really, except moustaches. Really? That's what you think we all care about enough to take the time to post? I get that its a charity drive but come on, you're not a non-profit, you gotta take care of your business first.

I do not see much point answering the ghostbaned threads at all, with exception of the initial thread which covers the formulation of the problem with the random generated loot. I guess we can be happy not getting ghostbanned from forums for obvious troll threads.

if they had one iota of humor or creativity, they would put a sale in the DDO store for Ghostbane Augments! LOL

Community Member

While the cats away the mice will play GHOSTBANE!!!!!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Seriously, this coming right after The Weekend Where The Forums A-sploded with the whole v-comm debacle, you'd think Turbine would want to be a little more communicative and not just let the forum rage smoulder...
    You forgot that the week end before The Weekend Where The Forums A-sploded with the whole v-comm debacle the same forums A-sploded with the Dupeappalooza debacle.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

This entire week, as you've all seen, is dominated by sarcasm about Ghostbane. But the Devs haven't found time to post about anything this entire week, really, except moustaches. Really? That's what you think we all care about enough to take the time to post? I get that its a charity drive but come on, you're not a non-profit, you gotta take care of your business first.
    They addressed it. A while back, actually. The old abilities are coming back eventually iirc. I think they said they needed to adjust the abilities for the higher loot tables.

I feel like the ghostbane threads and posts are just good fun at this point. I don't get the sense that they are coming from a place of rage.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    They addressed it. A while back, actually. The old abilities are coming back eventually iirc.
    Remember how long it took them to finally fulfill their promise of the Druid class? I remember reading about it back when I joined and that was years before they actually followed through with it.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

p.s.

ghostbane!!!

this is really fun.

Community Member

The price of greatness is Ghostbane

Winston Churchill

Default These forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    You forgot that the week end before The Weekend Where The Forums A-sploded with the whole v-comm debacle the same forums A-sploded with the Dupeappalooza debacle.
    They A-splode a lot.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    They A-splode a lot.
    I look at it more as a pot finally boiling over. I've seen a lot of folks get more and more heated in the last year both in and out of the forums than in the rest of my time combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    I look at it more as a pot finally boiling over. I've seen a lot of folks get more and more heated in the last year both in and out of the forums than in the rest of my time combined.
    I hear ya. But as far as I remember this pot has been boiling over since DDO went free to play. Probably even longer for some.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

They addressed it. A while back, actually. The old abilities are coming back eventually iirc. I think they said they needed to adjust the abilities for the higher loot tables.

I feel like the ghostbane threads and posts are just good fun at this point. I don't get the sense that they are coming from a place of rage.
    Turn rage into mirth= profit, blood pressure goes down less chance of a heart attack.

I hear ya. But as far as I remember this pot has been boiling over since DDO went free to play. Probably even longer for some.
    Over cooked?

They A-splode a lot.
    Once a week lately.

We will have to see how bad/good/Ghostbaned it goes over the week end to quantify the A-splosion...

Maybe we should start nailing out an A-splosion scale :

- Dupeappalooza A-splosion level
    - Epic TR ( Second Sighting ) A-splosion level
    - Epic TR ( First Sighting ) A-splosion level
    - Offer Wall A-splosion level
    - Ghostbane A-splosion level
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

"Hello, sir. On a scale from 1 to over 9000, how Ghostbane would you say the latest A-splosion was?"

Also, it'd probably be useful to introduce B=>F-splosions for lesser splosions around here.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Well, it's been two and a half months since that comment and we've heard nothing about the fixes since then:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Actually, Ghost Touch was combined with Undead Bane.
    It's called Ghostbane now. It gives Ghost Touch plus Bane damage versus Undead.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    As for the Ghostbane posts, I think it's part out of fun and part of frustration (not rage). This is another example of the Devs doing something half-way and obsoleting a system that wasn't broken.

First, there was no reason to remove effects that will be upgraded in the future, since the future could mean several years or not at all. We can all point to something that shows proof of this: Druid class, prestige classes, Monster Manuals, Cannith Crafting Shards, Guild Renown/Ships, Reckard Sorl, the Wand Bracelet. The effects should have stayed in the loot tables until they were "upgraded".

Second, many of these new "upgrades" do nothing but waterdown the loot tables and try to fix stuff that's not broken. The most obvious example of this for me is the Fortified effect. Nothing was broken with Light/Medium/Heavy Fort. Why add into the loot tables Fortified 20%/40%/60%/80%, except to waterdown the loot tables across the board. Does anyone needs a 20% Fort item on their randomly generated Epic gear, or even level 2 gear? The greater than 100% Fort items are fine, but its just asinine to replace the Light/Medium/Heavy Fort system.

...And before I forget to say it in this post...
    *jazz hands* Ghostbane! *jazz hands*

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    The most obvious example of this for me is the Fortified effect. Nothing was broken with Light/Medium/Heavy Fort. Why add into the loot tables Fortified 20%/40%/60%/80%, except to waterdown the loot tables across the board. Does anyone needs a 20% Fort item on their randomly generated Epic gear, or even level 2 gear? The greater than 100% Fort items are fine, but its just asinine to replace the Light/Medium/Heavy Fort system.
    Yes Fortification worked fine : ( even if the scale was a log instead of linear )

25% at 2, 50% at 5, 75% around LVL 7, 100% at 9/10, and Exceptional for over 20.
    Right now I'm just dumping the fortified items as they are usually not plain one so they are way over the level where they would be interesting. ( there's a few rare exceptions, but a ML 27 Fort 100% item of Ghostbane sucks a lot and is not even worth uncrafting it, It's vendor trash and it won't even cover the cost of repairs. )

( mandatory Ghostbane reference included )