Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have never played a Human,I am one in real life so i find them boring.

Anyway with 14 characters not using human healing amp i can say i dont miss it.

Community Member

if hamp items would drop in the loot tables again, then it wouldn't be as big of a deal for me.
    No matter the items, humans will heal quite a bit more with how the stacking works. If you carry +80% amp in gear, a human carrying the same gear would get +134% amp, so the racial amp adds +54%. It's a 3/10th increase at any point.
    You could say it gets more important when you carry amp gear. You could say it stays equally important when you carry amp gear. The math supports both views. But it most certainly does not get less important when amp gear is more easily accessible.

Every race gets it's thing. But the thing humans get is just way better than every other fleshy race.

The enhancement system has been a bit of an equalizer. The difference in quality between human and the other fleshy races used to be MUCH bigger, the community was just slow to catch up. However, the combination of amp + feat is still overpowered compared to the rest.

If you do want to spend 17 points in a racial tree, human is almost always the best way to go. And if you don't want to spend the points in a racial tree, human is certainly the way to go since it's the only race that gives you something significant for free (the feat).
    I would like to see some frontloaded races with good free abilities or tier1 enhancements, and some backloaded ones that are better when you spend the full 20ish points, but worse if you spend just 0-5.That way, builds that are AP-starved take the frontloaded races. when you are single class, or you class enhancements are just bad, you benefit more from an expensive-but-more-powerful race.
    Last edited by Rull; 11-15-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grandeibra View Post
    To me the race enhancements went to **** with the enhancement pass. Not that they are poor but their cost is exoribtant. It costs minimum 17 AP to get to 30% in three levels. To me the enhancement trees for the various classes are superior so I sadly barely spend a point in class trees on any of my toons. I used to love Halfling for extra saves and sneak HD...
    Pre pass, it cost 12 ap to get 30% instead of 17, that much is true. However, humans also often took diversity to at least tier 2, which is another 3 points. Many who were melee took IV, especially rangers and fighters who didn't need class specific damage boosts for a pre req. Tier 2 was 3 points, tier 4 was another 10(!). And everyone took at least one human adaptability for another 2. Now getting that huge damage boost is a whopping 3 points.

Healing amp and racial things in general were MORE expensive before, if you took all three tiers. Now, usually I;m just taking 2 tiers of human amp. (3 paladin past lives). Also, you're more complaining that class stuff is better than it was. Racial stuff didn't "go to pot" - class stuff is more varied and actually worth taking.

Really the thing I miss most is racial toughness enhancements. Toughness, if you aren't taking epic toughness, is a waste of a feat now. Even with e-thoughness it isn't good unless you dont need the feat or use a monk bonus feat and have nothing better for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    I have never played a Human,I am one in real life so i find them boring.

Anyway with 14 characters not using human healing amp i can say i dont miss it.
    That may be your choice, but the OP is correct: the healing amp on human is better than anything than anything else gets, ever.

Community Member

the main problem is not that humans have heal amp, it's that race human and class monk are almost the only real available choice as heal amp source available at lvl 28 ( unless you count a shield )

They gave humans Healing Amp and the extra feat to make up for how they run.... the only that looks worse is the helf run and look at their perks...

So... you can look like a nontard when you ambulate, or you can have hamp....
    The answer is 42

always

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicallyZero View Post
    They gave humans Healing Amp and the extra feat to make up for how they run.... the only that looks worse is the helf run and look at their perks...

So... you can look like a nontard when you ambulate, or you can have hamp....
    Humans don't really get an extra feat, just a free one. Other races just have that feat chosen for them. (e.g. Dwarf has WP: Daxe)

As far as getting hamp on non-humans, all I can think of is pally PL's.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Humans don't really get an extra feat, just a free one. Other races just have that feat chosen for them. (e.g. Dwarf has WP: Daxe)

As far as getting hamp on non-humans, all I can think of is pally PL's.
    As the feat slot is titled "Human Bonus Feat" it is in-fact an extra feat. Your example of dwarven axe only applies to dwarves that can use martial weapons, so not all dwarves get it, while all humans DO get this bonus feat.
    The answer is 42

always

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I have always been of the opinion that most players should be Human; and their characters too.

It always bothered me that in D&D every party was full of Elves and Dwarves, and zero Humans.

I think Turbine did a great job with the Enhancement pass of making Humans a desired race in DDO.

As for Healing Amp, it actually makes Half Elves even more attractive (stat wise anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicallyZero View Post
    As the feat slot is titled "Human Bonus Feat" it is in-fact an extra feat. Your example of dwarven axe only applies to dwarves that can use martial weapons, so not all dwarves get it, while all humans DO get this bonus feat.
    Pfft! Don't let the label blind you to reality. This "bonus" feat is the only racial feat humans get. Thus it is not "in-fact an extra feat," it is more like a make-up feat.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    I don't know that every race (or every build) needs heal amp from race. But I do agree that the other races need something to make them more appealing. We've reached the point where nearly every arcane will be WF, and nearly everyone else is human, and most everything else is flavor. I've always wanted to try a dwarf, for any class, but whenever I look at making one I always end up going human. Halfling is viable due to saves and dragon mark and works especially well with rogue/monk. If DC casters were viable then drow would be too... but they aren't anymore. I think elves can find a niche with dex builds and rangers, but most will tell you dex builds are a trap and rangers are better as human. H-Orc still has a niche for THF builds, but most people still prefer human because some h-amp AND a feat is better than a few extra damage for most builds.

I think what puts humans over the top is getting all 3 of feats, skills, heal amp. I don't have any problem with that, but the other trees/races should offer something as good, which isn't the case right now for anyone that isn't warforged (and can cast recon). I think a good start might be just lowering some of the costs of things in the other trees, which often times seem to expensive (like elf gets some really nice rogue bonuses, but for far too high a cost for what's really a convenience). And drow just needs to be better. It's a P2P race for crying out loud, make it worth playing at least.
    why would anyone purchase a drow? They're a peice of mail you get let down about getting. (oo tp!?.. aw its just a damn drow unlock.)
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grandeibra View Post
    To me the race enhancements went to **** with the enhancement pass. Not that they are poor but their cost is exoribtant. It costs minimum 17 AP to get to 30% in three levels. To me the enhancement trees for the various classes are superior so I sadly barely spend a point in class trees on any of my toons. I used to love Halfling for extra saves and sneak HD...
    This!

I doubt a substantial portion of humans even have 20% let alone 30%.

The main benefit is the Extra Feat. On some feat starved characters it becomes a must to be human

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

I have a Halfling Rogue Assassin who use the PDK gloves still at level 27 just because of the healing amp on them yet really I should be using something like the Nether Grasps but don't want to lose that 30% heal amp. It is long overdue but heal amp should be an augment even if it's a high level one that would be fine it would allow a lot of flexibility with gear layouts.

Please Turbine make it happen already!

Stoner81.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I have always been of the opinion that most players should be Human; and their characters too.

It always bothered me that in D&D every party was full of Elves and Dwarves, and zero Humans.

I think Turbine did a great job with the Enhancement pass of making Humans a desired race in DDO.
    Thats because being Human is boring...were already Human we want to be something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Thats because being Human is boring...were already Human we want to be something different.
    As a Troll I find playing humans refreshing. Though all you mammals smell funny.

Trolls aren't mammals? Do they lay eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    As a Troll I find playing humans refreshing. Though all you mammals smell funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post

Fantasy game.
    Most people play Humans in RL and want to experience something different.
    (Still not sure of Teh_Troll)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Considering that it is about the only unique thing to being human, which does not get a lot I am thinking this is WAI.

Community Member

Why did y'all necro this?

Either way, no. Most of my toons aren't human - that hamp isn't needed for most people. If it's needed for you, make sacrifices and go human.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12