Community Member

Default By Khyber - can we get some at level elite bb raids going here?

Most if not just all of the server TRd, I see the lot of you, and like to lot of you I TRd too

I mean most of us are Legend toons, no matter HOW bad you placed your stats - Lag Permitting - it's not going to be a raid whiteout even if you know you or the whole party is a happy gimp...
    Can we all grow some coco-on-es and start actually doing some Elite At Level raids now?

Quote Originally Posted by andy310 View Post
    Most if not just all of the server TRd, I see the lot of you, and like to lot of you I TRd too

I mean most of us are Legend toons, no matter HOW bad you placed your stats - Lag Permitting - it's not going to be a raid whiteout even if you know you or the whole party is a happy gimp...
    Can we all grow some coco-on-es and start actually doing some Elite At Level raids now?
    seems most are busy buying completionist and epic past lives. I myself am pretty lethargic running anything, since it does not make much sense to me at all. Maybe time for a break.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 11-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Community Member

It's kind of sad. I TRd again since the post. Again I can't seem to get Elite BB at level raids going on a random pug.

Going to have to start a fixed TR group or something.... sigh.

it would be nice, but ever since BB and leveling above 20, players care more about completions and getting their named loot. the only real raid I see at level is Reavers and TS, if you want to count that one. once in a great while I will see a 17-20 hard Shroud. other reasons for this is because players don't like the chance at fail by challenging themselves with strangers, the time to fill can be very long and its not good xp/min. I average an at level raid, not counting TS, maybe once every other life.

Community Member

At my playtimes on Khyber I get a VON at level most lives. I would be shocked if you couldn't get a Chronoscope or ADQ group up if you put anLFM up, unless you are playing in some low population time slot.

Find an active guild
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Every time I TR I try to get an elite BB Chrono, VON and ADQ on Khyber. Chrono and VON usually fill up fast. In my last life I witnessed a miracle: I joined an elite BB Twilight Forge with a PUG. It was very fun indeed with lots of XP, although we failed the follow up raid (cause the titan was standing up too fast and we also missed a pillar)
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

run them all the time - and TR about once every 14 days - so run them about once a week. see them more frequently.

Suggest leading.

Community Member

Fellas you seem to misunderstand, I do lead em, we usually shortman with 4/12 players.
    West coast time slot. post 6pm, pre 6pm they simply won't fill.

Now either you're all too busy leveling to be able to spend 30 minutes on an Epic BB Raid pug, or as I and many other players posit, Khyber's just full of wussies who can't fathom running Elite for BB.

Now while that's a proven fact due to the amount of EEs that get run by me and the usual 10-20 ppl I group with - Yes if you like to run EEs we have surely ran together - I'm definitely upset by the fact that this behaviour is being extended to Elite Bravery raids.

This game is NOT hard by any means, EEs might be tougher and it's more understandable if the average run of the mill player doesn't feel up to joining one or expending the resources to complete it, the same can't be said for an Elite BB raid... Sigh...

I suggest you fill a group for the entire flagging process for some of them. You'll get bored TRs come along for a break from the usual grinds.

ADQ2 you can often get a group to do on weekends - post a group "Wiz-King then OOB then Chains then DQ1 then DQ2 elite zerg" and it will often fill. DQ2 is fine with 6 people if 3 or more of you know it well; DQ1 can be brutal on heroic elite now.

I also tend to do (heroic) Tor Elite + Dragons Elite + Reaver each life. Often the blue dragon is a wipe but then we just go back to Tor Hard and speedrun it. BB Reaver is quite easy even with 6, and often 1-2 more will join that were already flagged.

The 16 cap raids are much nastier on elite now and generally do take a full 12, as does TOD. While that's not a big issue for VOD or HOX, it is hard to find people that are flagged for Shroud or TOD and basically impossible for MA or LOB. I won't mention Abbot - I've not heard of anyone seriously attempting a bravery Abbot since the two changes that made it harder (bugfix to make the hard/elite Abbot monster actually appear instead of the norm one, and the

I'm not playing much atm and so my present life may take ages, but I will always join an elite streak raid group I'm flagged for if I think it might fill, even if I do not expect it to complete. Much more fun than grinding more Litany and Sane Asylum.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

nah - but if have a xp pot running - don't want to waste it on the time in a raid. I don't zerg, just quest efficiently. ;p

However, do feel the pain. Timing is often off just a little too much - but was able to get in 3 Reaver's Fates last life (all at level elites - 2 shortman'd)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The 16 cap raids are much nastier on elite now and generally do take a full 12, as does TOD. While that's not a big issue for VOD or HOX, it is hard to find people that are flagged for Shroud or TOD and basically impossible for MA or LOB. I won't mention Abbot - I've not heard of anyone seriously attempting a bravery Abbot since the two changes that made it harder (bugfix to make the hard/elite Abbot monster actually appear instead of the norm one, and the
    the ????? please do finish!

Done elite abbot post fix at level for BB. it's a piece of cake any time as long as you can 2box googles or solve it as equally fast-Working on that too this life.
    Basically any time you can get back onto the platform when the abbot isn't down yet the raid becomes easy as pie.

Sure that does mean either old school ice or having around 600hp and nuff favor for tanking pots by level 19 but that's not really hard... my squishy rogue can make the swim... yet it won't fill; I run elite abbots every 3 days and have trouble filling them while open to level 28 toons.

Honestly I think most ppl are just yellow when it comes to this particular raid. Yet the EDs ability alone can allow 1 player to solo googles, now if that player is also a FVS or Cleric in the proper FVS destiny with death-pact you can essentially defeat googles with just a bit of planning and luck. Last night's elite completion (high level toons) took us a whole what 5 to 6 minutes short of 1 player and with 1 disconnect who we waited upon after completion and prior to looting. Anyway the point was with everything covered, high level players, we still had an empty spot to a free elite completion and loot to go along.
    On that note, the loot for elite was much, much better then the previous hard completion. we pulled 2 named items in 12 on hard, and 4 +2 seals in elite.
    If you still think elite abbots are "a waste of time" after that proven fact all I have for you is scorn and auto /squelch ing :P

Should be noted however that the inferno seems to strike the ice islands in elite - Not sure how to verify this and if indeed this is a bug or not. I might have been on the island when the inferno first triggered and therefore might have subsequently taken damage due to that.

Anyway, Anyhow (to quote a song) Yea it would be nice if we could fill some more of those raids and if I could see some posted that I'm not leading? :P

My experience is, that talking about how awesome you are, and that everybody that can't do what you can is a wimp and a gimp, does not entice people to play with you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    My experience is, that talking about how awesome you are, and that everybody that can't do what you can is a wimp and a gimp, does not entice people to play with you.
    No one here is saying he/she/it is awsome. at all... what did you read O_o

Community Member

1. Pugging at level elite raids can be fine, and can also be a headache of epic proportions. Unless I'm in a particularly patient mood and already have several people I know in the group, I won't do it. I only have so much time to play, and I don't want to waste 2 hours in a BB elite Shroud fail because no one will run water or solve puzzles or can't comprehend "south and split" or "break the &%*#$ crystal!"

2. Please don't use EE to mean heroic elite. EE is epic elite. It's very confusing.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    2. Please don't use EE to mean heroic elite. EE is epic elite. It's very confusing.
    Briefly reviewed the thread, don't seen anywhere where it was miss-used, however I'll fess up to mistakenly writing that in LFMs from time to time :P

I tried to get a pug group going for reavers fate Elite BB earlier this week. Wasn't happening, but we were in off-peak hours and a few of the people I sent tells to had run it the previous night. It's possible you're just missing the LFms that are going up. You cant have the panel up all the time and be questing at the same time.
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wildbynature View Post
    I tried to get a pug group going for reavers fate Elite BB earlier this week. Wasn't happening, but we were in off-peak hours and a few of the people I sent tells to had run it the previous night. It's possible you're just missing the LFms that are going up. You cant have the panel up all the time and be questing at the same time.
    (unfortunately) Most of the Elite BB raids you see are probably lead by me, I have been on a major multi-toon leveling which hunt... however most of the raids don't end up succeeding due to the fact we are often trying to 4man a 12 ppl job. Had several wins today, 1 titan, 1 von, one tempest spine I guess if you consider that a raid :P
    But I'd kind of expect seeing more raids being advertised-especially considering it's a Sunday...

The rest of the day we finished flagging for-ADQ1 with no devine punishment was a drag-and waited half the night-try after try-short-manning ADQ2... Seems like there was no interest at all in that aside from the up to 7 good souls who kept attempting it until it got boring...

Seems to me like people are just more interested in leveling, Yet, they don't seen to get the fact that a successful 30 minute raid nets you at the very least around 50K of XP if you are a VIP, and way More then that if you have a greater tome.
    Also in double raids like titan and von you make off with around 130K xp for 1 hour of your time, that's probably why there's a lil more interest in that then in ADQ....

Either way, I'll be trying another ADQ soon, got another toon at level :P