Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What if they did roll back loot?

What effects in the new system would you like to keep?

Personally I think Deadly was a bad move but now that I have it I would feel sorry for new people that would have to do without on a roll back. Ghostbane is actually not a horrible enhancement it is the drop rate that has problems. Many effects like Doublestrike and Seeker are too easy to acquire now making many named items obsolete. Due to the saturation in the market I do not think a roll back is plausible. However adding the old effects back at the very least I think would be a start.

Honestly escalation like this would not have even been on the drawing board if it were not for someone deciding giving mobs 10k hit points each was a good idea. I can see how the logic started. "we need to make melee builds an viable option in the endgame" As a result of trying to up the power curve of all melee builds in comes the easily attainable Deadly, Seeker, Doublestrike, and Repost on every new item. Correct analysis of the issue, poor execution of a solution. My recommended solution? Liberally make named weapons for non casters have overly powerful effect combinations far exceeding what people are accustomed to. Also make effects like Bodyfeeding and Vampirism more prevalent so melee builds have more staying power.

Community Member

I will admit that I actually like Bodyfeeder. I wish it scaled as you leveled (if it now does, I have yet to see one and so I think the effect is missing from the tables). I use it on my low characters and TRs for as long as I can justify it, which sadly is not very long.

its not the new loot that is bad, its that they replaced the old loot system with it, rather than added to the old system. New loot should not have to come at the sacrifice of removing the old from the tables.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    its not the new loot that is bad, its that they replaced the old loot system with it, rather than added to the old system. New loot should not have to come at the sacrifice of removing the old from the tables.
    I agree 100 percent.

Variety took a back seat in this changeover.

The infrastructure of weapons and gear for a game like this was sabotaged in that it was rushed into the game too quickly and broke something that was not broken. By taking out the old loot tables and not creating more of a variety, well that just made it boring.

Deadly and Accuracy should be changed to an obtainable feat that grows with the character rather than being on items. It is OP to have it on gear.

Seeker was a 'The Blood Stone' only thing and a Crystal Cove, Pirate Hat, crafting option and now The Blood Stone is worthless and so are the Pirate Hats I made.

The new random loot does not show the Roman Numerals on the weapons. Selling them is a chore because they do not show what they actually are. Also the new random loot weapon names are boring and not exciting to a game such as this.

Personally I no longer care about the loot.

The destroyer of loot dev has alredy destroyed the integrity of the system as far as I am concerned.

Introducing random drop heroic level items that blow away epic named items.. such as Dream Visor vs a random drop DeadlyX of AccuracyX with two slots...

Retoractive changes that screwed my collection of precious loot turned them into deconstruction materials.

The lack of consideration when making retroactive changes just shows me that any nice things we have gathered over the years is not immune to being gimipfied.

Annoys me ground out events until my eyes bled to get certain items and that I spent money on extra bank space and shared bank space andto accomodate various interesting goodies to have them /ghostbaned overnight... Ornamental Daggers for instance, or how about my low level crafted items that I can no longer wear because the levels were increased retroactively...

Every raid used to have unique desirable items that you couldnte get anywhere else, now random gen is more exciting than named items..
    The Dev's have lost their way in loot development.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I suspect they were looking at "a thousand suns" and asking themselves: so What Teh eff are we going to do at level 30 to top a level 25 +6 holy of a thousand suns weapon? And they said: we have to reboot the loot...

Unfortunately like a lot of things recently (the changes to Raid counters that was partially implemented and for little to no reason went live) a change that was intended to help out long term, was poorly communicated, seemingly "sneaked in" while we weren't paying attention... and literally should have been held back until they had more than 5 affixes ready to go... but they rushed it in willy nilly, just like raid completion counters. ess'ing the bed for future changes to raid completions, or in this case; making the players strongly suspect that the rest of the changes to the loot system will be equally ghostbanned.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

They won't roll is back at this point, but . . .

Deadly quite frankly was a mistake. Random loot with Deadly 10 when a rare as hell item before this maxed out at 5? I know many that were purchased with Otto's boxes, I'd be really annoyed if I'd spent real-money on stuff just to see it out-dated that fast. I'd potentially quit.

I like having more seeker options though as well as having different stats on odd-ball items. CON on boots is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Going to +10-11 stats was a mistake, especially on random loot.

Removing all the old pre/suffixes was just dumb.

I'm not going to start on Ghostbane.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Mostly this, except that the scaling IS bad (i.e. flaming I, flaming II, riposte IV, etc). That is just lazy, boring design.

Loot has been Crucibled, end of story. No point in talking about if they rolled it back because they really can't.

There is only one way to fix loot going forward, and it involves the fountainhead of all the recent changes. I won't go into the specifics of what that would entail, I prefer not to get PMs from Mods with special gifts inside, but there is really only one solution I think players would be appeased with and that would help the game move back to a better loot system. Not going to type it - but I think most folks already know it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Mostly this, except that the scaling IS bad (i.e. flaming I, flaming II, riposte IV, etc). That is just lazy, boring design.
    And incredibly unsearchable on the AH. They never put any thought into finding stuff on the AH. Guild slots? Unsearchable. Augment slots? Unsearchable. Differentiating Flaming I/II/III? Nope.

If I could cannith craft everything in the current random loot tables, I might just be happy with it. Just sayin'. That when I craft +4 acc via cannith and it is ML15 vs finding it on ML7 gear in the AH... something is badly borked there.

The two biggest problems I see with it is it isn't really searchable on the auction house (Ninja'd, but I so-very-very-very-strongly agree*), and the increased randomness (lots more prefix/suffixes, and thus lots more useless combinations) hurts, not helps, players.

*: Actually a rant on the auction house deserves its own thread. You can't even tab between the text input fields, and there's no "restrict to usable" nor "reset level requirements" options. You'd think when they did the shard exchange, since that's essentially real life money to them that they'd have made it really usable to encourage players to give them money, but no.

As far as things like Deadly and Accuracy go, really at this point the only solution is to make them do something else and blanket nerf every such item so that they're all on equal footing - sort of like when all the Potency and such effects were changed. Sorry to those that like their Deadly X - they gotta go just as bad as dupemats.

As much as the part of me that likes to see big numbers likes Deadly, it's overpowered. Beyond overpowered. Accuracy similarly, it gives builds with a weak to-hit stat early too much ease of play. I personally like Speed, at least in the heroic tiers. Skill mods are too rare nowadays, as are caster mods such as Combustion or Devotion.

Retributive on armors can easily be changed back to (element) Guard. Absorption's decent. Deathblock with its negative energy absorption is handy enough, but the ML should probably go up some. Bring spell points, fortification and Fearsome back to armors.

Scrap the entire weapon system we have now and go back to the good system that was introduced after MotU. Some of those effects were extremely interesting and if I saw some in the chest now, you bet I'd be excited.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

Community Member

If they rolled back loot, we would be forced to eat Robin's minstrels.....and there would be much rejoicing.
    How much Ghost could a Ghostbane Bane if a Ghostbane could Bane Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Loot has been Crucibled, end of story. No point in talking about if they rolled it back because they really can't.

There is only one way to fix loot going forward, and it involves the fountainhead of all the recent changes. I won't go into the specifics of what that would entail, I prefer not to get PMs from Mods with special gifts inside, but there is really only one solution I think players would be appeased with and that would help the game move back to a better loot system. Not going to type it - but I think most folks already know it.
    Alright maybe I am just clueless but the mystery solution peaks my interest. PM me?

Community Member

deadly/accuracy are not that bad, and give us choices for goggles

but, meh, i'd destroy every new enhancement if it's needed to bring the old system back

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    PM me?
    Done.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Done.
    Me too please.
    I'm curious what you think can be done.

Community Member

Yes, please, enlighten me as well because it seems I am an idiot when it comes to such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Yes, please, enlighten me as well because it seems I am an idiot when it comes to such as this.

They want someone to be fired I'm guessing.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

If you wont say it, I will.

They should fire Feather_of_Sun. If they don't want to fire him then they should move him out of any position that has anything remotely to do with the loot gen tables. The guy sucks ass at his job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast