Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    So, if I use Precision on undead or constructs, they'll be vulnerable to critical hits sometimes, or are they immune to those, regardless of fortification reduction?
    they aren't immune to crits . . . they have 100% fortification. That drops to 55% if you have Precision and fully-upgraded Black scale (more is available from other sources, just using this as an example).

it really depends on what you're fighting, I'm of the mind a fighter, since they have a zillion feats, should have precisions because situationally it's more DPS than power attack.

I'm not sure how you calc the to-hits these days . . . it almost feels like its all random as I posted recently a picture of a +88 grazing the green dragon in EE DDTW . . . but back in the day of D20 if you missed AT ALL you did more DPS with PA off. Not sure how that works now with grazes and the new Ghostbane'd to-hit mechanics.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 11-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    they aren't immune to crits . . . they have 100% fortification. That drops to 55% if you have Precision and fully-upgraded Black scale (more is available from other sources, just using this as an example).
    Off the top of my head:
    • -25% from Precision
    • -10% from Imp Sunder
    • -15% from Grim Precision (Shadowdancer)
    • -20% from upgraded flawless Black Dragon armor (-15% from base armor or restored giantcraft)

Total of -70% Fortification. Did I miss anything?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    • -25% from Precision
    • -10% from Imp Sunder
    • -20% from upgraded flawless Black Dragon armor (-15% from base armor or restored giantcraft)

Not available to the OP but you can get 10% more from Opportunist as a rogue 10+. Also Destruction/Improved Destruction weapons/effects can take off another 4%/8% for everyone. There are some more too but that's off the top of my head.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Edited: According to the wiki Armor-Piercing stacks in unlike amounts so upgraded black dragon armor and EH non upgraded rebellion should stack for 35%. Live testing yields the following message when equipping items of different values:

(Effects): You have multiple effects granting an Enhancement bonus to Fortification Bypass Chance that do not stack. ( Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe and Rebellion )
    (Effects): --- Enhancement modifier to Fortification Bypass Chance: +20%
    Last edited by Duplolas_Ghallanda; 11-06-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Not available to the OP but you can get 10% more from Opportunist as a rogue 10+. Also Destruction/Improved Destruction weapons/effects can take off another 4%/8% for everyone. There are some more too but that's off the top of my head.
    Oh, remembered another one:

Assassin's Trick: Activate: Target opponent loses 25% of their fortification and 25% of their immunity to sneak attacks for 12 seconds if they fail a Will save (DC 10 + your rogue level + Int modifier). This attack only works on intelligent (non-mindless) enemies. (Cooldown: 15 seconds)
    This works if anyone in your group/raid is using it - not just on your character.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Off the top of my head:
    • -25% from Precision
    • -10% from Imp Sunder

Piercing Clarity T4 from GMoF

Not available to the OP but Mark of the Hunter in Deepwood Stalker tree also has 10%

Fury of the Wild - Insult gives -10% against a single target.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12