Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 158
  1. #121
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    U17 Release notes:

    You must now complete the following quests for Gianthold Tor & Raid flagging:
    • Cabal for One
    • Prison of the Planes
    • Madstone Crater
    Doesnt say anywhere crucible as a flagging quest wasnt WAI, as you claimed.

    next.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  2. #122
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I like Crucible. I don’t get where people think it is a terrible quest.
    I don't like it. What I don't get is people who complain about linear quests who claim this is anything but a linear quest. Just because the line looks more like mario-swimmer doesn't mean it isn't linear.

    I like quests like framework where complete slaughter is an option, but so is stealth. And both have their own perks.

  3. #123
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I don't like it. What I don't get is people who complain about linear quests who claim this is anything but a linear quest. Just because the line looks more like mario-swimmer doesn't mean it isn't linear.

    I like quests like framework where complete slaughter is an option, but so is stealth. And both have their own perks.
    yeah, but not every quest can be like Framework. Otherwise it gets repetitious, and boring.

    Mind you, I think stealth-ing a quest is the ultimate form of cool-ness.

  4. #124
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope. If you read the post, youll understand thats not what im doing. Im taking your logic that Turbine changed it so it must be WAI, and applying it to other things Turbine changed, to show you how absurd that logic is.
    Turbine changed it, put it in the release notes... but it was just a coincidence or a bug and not intended.... have fun with that.

  5. #125
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    yeah, but not every quest can be like Framework. Otherwise it gets repetitious, and boring.

    Mind you, I think stealth-ing a quest is the ultimate form of cool-ness.
    I agree, but the "uniqueness" of the crucible made it a very poor choice for a flagging quest. I am glad it is in the game... I don't go play THAT quest for fun.

  6. #126
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Doesnt say anywhere crucible as a flagging quest wasnt WAI, as you claimed.

    next.
    My statement was that it wasn't wai SO IT WAS CHANGED.

    Your counter is that it must have been a bug or something....

    Yeah right.

  7. #127
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Turbine changed it, put it in the release notes... but it was just a coincidence or a bug and not intended.... have fun with that.
    Crucible as a flagging quest was WAI 2007-2013, you claimed it wasnt. I submit every player on every toon they were able to run reaver or TOR on that it was WAI during that era. Wasnt broke, didnt need fixing. Youre claiming it wasnt wai so they changed it, which is false.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #128
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    I'd like to chime in and mention that I find this thread enormously helpful. Threads like this give us the pulse of the community, and help keep us aware of what the current hot button issues are. This does contribute to overall design direction: it absolutely is a goal to reduce "player pain", in whatever form it may take. That doesn't just mean fixing bugs, it also means revisiting and refining the implementation of features, adding content, and allocating development resources to where they can have the most impact.

    If sometimes it seems like developers are silent or not communicating enough, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
    As a rule, individual developers aren't able to comment on systems or content that they aren't working on. We could accidentally give out an misleading or incomplete picture of what's happening with that system, or even worse, could say something that is flat-out wrong.

    This is why (as examples) you may most often see me commenting in threads about enhancement trees, while Vargouille will chime in on threads about Reincarnation.

    Even though a developer may not be able to respond personally to every concern, we do read these threads, and we make every effort to push these issues to the attention of the person who needs to see them.

    At the end of the day, our goal is to make sure that DDO continues to be fun. If we're failing at that, we appreciate that you let us know.
    I think someone hacked Feather's account. Or maybe one of the other devs decided that he needed to look a little better for the community.

    In any case, I like how "you" have finally replied to the scores of threads on this topic, yet managed to not actually address it in the least: not with direct acknowledgment of the problem everyone is complaining about, nor with any indication that something is going to be fixed here.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  9. #129
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    My statement was that it wasn't wai SO IT WAS CHANGED.

    Your counter is that it must have been a bug or something....

    Yeah right.
    I never stated it was a bug or something, please quote where this was stated.

    What I did state is that by your logic, every bug and exploit that made it to live is WAI since Turbine put it into the game, which is the criteria you are using for WAI. Im taking your logic, that Turbine changed something so it automagically makes it wai, and applying it to other things Turbine changed, to highlight how absurd that logic is.
    Last edited by Chai; 11-08-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  10. #130
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Crucible as a flagging quest was WAI 2007-2013, you claimed it wasnt. I submit every player on every toon they were able to run reaver or TOR on that it was WAI during that era. Wasnt broke, didnt need fixing. Youre claiming it wasnt wai so they changed it, which is false.
    Chai: Wasn't broke, didn't need fixing.
    Turbine: Spent money and time changing it.

    I'm going to go with Turbine decided to "fix it". You can nit-pick, but the only facts we have are:

    1. Turbine changed it
    2. The change was in the release notes and thus was intentional

    Saying it wasn't broke/wasn't needed, is your opinion. If you have a quote from Turbine better than the one I provided... Please, provide it.

  11. #131
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Chai: Wasn't broke, didn't need fixing.
    Turbine: Spent money and time changing it.

    I'm going to go with Turbine decided to "fix it". You can nit-pick, but the only facts we have are:

    1. Turbine changed it
    2. The change was in the release notes and thus was intentional

    Saying it wasn't broke/wasn't needed, is your opinion. If you have a quote from Turbine better than the one I provided... Please, provide it.
    You claimed it wasnt WAI which is false. My evidence, all the folks who were able to run tor or reaver from 2007-2013 shows it was indeed WAI. Turbine "fixed" something that wasnt broke. Just like they "fixed" the loot system, which according to your logic, is also "WAI".

    I also note you cannot provide the claim you say i made that it was somehow a bug that caused the change, even though you continue to claim i stated this. Its because I never said it.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #132
    Community Member Golddragon87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Probably not at your house. Probably...
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I think someone hacked Feather's account. Or maybe one of the other devs decided that he needed to look a little better for the community.

    In any case, I like how "you" have finally replied to the scores of threads on this topic, yet managed to not actually address it in the least: not with direct acknowledgment of the problem everyone is complaining about, nor with any indication that something is going to be fixed here.
    The guy is acknowledging there are problems. What more do you want? If it is another Dev using his username like you say who cares? Someone from Turbine is acknowledging that they have read what we post and are taking it into consideration. Take the small win for what it is and do not attack the developer and further discourage future communication. I for one would like more updates.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

    Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

  13. #133
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    At the end of the day, our goal is to make sure that DDO continues to be fun. If we're failing at that, we appreciate that you let us know.
    This is me, letting you know.

  14. #134
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You claimed it wasnt WAI which is false. My evidence, all the folks who were able to run tor or reaver from 2007-2013 shows it was indeed WAI. Turbine "fixed" something that wasnt broke.
    The fact you use the phrase Turbine "fixed" shows that Turbine wanted it to work differently. You've lost this argument even with your own words. When I say WAI, it is within the context of Turbine... not Chai.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Just like they "fixed" the loot system, which according to your logic, is also "WAI".
    If they change it in the future to add more diverse loot, and put it in the release notes that they are doing so... then I would come to the same conclusion that it was not WAI.... exactly like I did for the flagging quests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I also note you cannot provide the claim you say i made that it was somehow a bug that caused the change, even though you continue to claim i stated this. Its because I never said it.
    You used the examples of bugs and exploits as a counter argument to Turbine's change = WAI. Unless you think the change of the flagging quest was a bug or an exploit, this argument has nothing to do with the discussion. The argument that players use exploits for a long time doesn't mean they are WAI. The same argument doesn't suddenly work because you want to apply it to flagging quests.

    There are two ways Turbine can indicate something isn't working as they want:
    1.) State it "isn't WAI"
    2.) Intentionally change it

    If turbine changes something, tests it, puts it in the release notes... it was not something that just happened. It was intentional.

    I've provided the quote, shown the facts... you have stated your opinion and made wild analogies using the very types of arguments you reject in threads on other subjects.

  15. #135
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    I'd like to chime in and mention that I find this thread enormously helpful. Threads like this give us the pulse of the community, and help keep us aware of what the current hot button issues are. This does contribute to overall design direction: it absolutely is a goal to reduce "player pain", in whatever form it may take. That doesn't just mean fixing bugs, it also means revisiting and refining the implementation of features, adding content, and allocating development resources to where they can have the most impact.

    If sometimes it seems like developers are silent or not communicating enough, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
    As a rule, individual developers aren't able to comment on systems or content that they aren't working on. We could accidentally give out an misleading or incomplete picture of what's happening with that system, or even worse, could say something that is flat-out wrong.

    This is why (as examples) you may most often see me commenting in threads about enhancement trees, while Vargouille will chime in on threads about Reincarnation.

    Even though a developer may not be able to respond personally to every concern, we do read these threads, and we make every effort to push these issues to the attention of the person who needs to see them.

    At the end of the day, our goal is to make sure that DDO continues to be fun. If we're failing at that, we appreciate that you let us know.
    If players were putting on exit surveys that undead were tough to beat, especially the 50% incorporeal ones, then ghost touch could have been changed to ghostbane, and all the rest of the loot could be kept the way it was. If you wanted to ADD other things like deadly and accuracy, then by all means. People usually like additions and wont gripe about it if its somethign they cant or wont use. What they will complain about is when the entirety of the old loot system (save for the named items) gets tossed out the door and REPLACED with a new loot generic loot system. Additions are far better than changes when it comes to entire systems.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  16. #136
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If players were putting on exit surveys that undead were tough to beat, especially the 50% incorporeal ones, then ghost touch could have been changed to ghostbane, and all the rest of the loot could be kept the way it was. If you wanted to ADD other things like deadly and accuracy, then by all means. People usually like additions and wont gripe about it if its somethign they cant or wont use. What they will complain about is when the entirety of the old loot system (save for the named items) gets tossed out the door and REPLACED with a new loot generic loot system. Additions are far better than changes when it comes to entire systems.
    People whine because new random items are OP.

    Having more than +6 stat below 20 is wrong.
    Having equivalent of lvl25 EE item at lvl14 is more wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  17. #137
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    If players were putting on exit surveys that undead were tough to beat, especially the 50% incorporeal ones, then ghost touch could have been changed to ghostbane, and all the rest of the loot could be kept the way it was. If you wanted to ADD other things like deadly and accuracy, then by all means. People usually like additions and wont gripe about it if its somethign they cant or wont use. What they will complain about is when the entirety of the old loot system (save for the named items) gets tossed out the door and REPLACED with a new loot generic loot system. Additions are far better than changes when it comes to entire systems.
    Well said.

  18. #138
    The Hatchery Scraap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    At the end of the day, our goal is to make sure that DDO continues to be fun. If we're failing at that, we appreciate that you let us know.
    I came for the DnD, stayed for the action. The latest changes in direction serve neither, since more and more the replay-through-probability gets watered down through over-inflated numbers that break the core mechanics. It is not entertaining for every encounter to play through exactly the same with the only difference being what the mobs look like due to either overpowered minimal-variance loot, or ones with such a low proc-rate or spike damage that your character will be dead long before it sees one alter a given encounter. You folks were given a dice game to steward. Change the math all you want, but get back to reinforcing the point of the system, not undercutting it at every turn.

  19. #139
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    People whine because new random items are OP.

    Having more than +6 stat below 20 is wrong.
    Having equivalent of lvl25 EE item at lvl14 is more wrong.
    Depends.

    Dont you feel its odd that +6 happens at level 11 for regular un-named loot (level 9 for master craft), but we dont get another plus until 20? I always thought they should spread that out a bit.

    +1 exceptional / +2 insightful can be had on shroud loot. ML 12.

    Yeah, deadly did take an EE item that sold for an ottos box straight up trade and turned it into trash overnight.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  20. #140
    The Hatchery Scraap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Depends.

    Dont you feel its odd that +6 happens at level 11 for regular un-named loot (level 9 for master craft), but we dont get another plus until 20? I always thought they should spread that out a bit.

    +1 exceptional / +2 insightful can be had on shroud loot. ML 12.

    Yeah, deadly did take an EE item that sold for an ottos box straight up trade and turned it into trash overnight.
    As to this here? Banal results aside, this aptly demonstrates the marked disconnect between rewards and effort.

    edit: Seriously guys, start taking into account where someone will be by the time they complete an item. Not just when they can equip it.
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-08-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload