Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Default Please add a number to the new prefixes and suffixes

I like the idea behind the change to the prefixes and suffixes, but there needs to be a number in the title of the item.

A couple examples:

Before update: Striding 30% - You know what you are getting.
    After update: Speed - Could be anywhere from I to X. You just do not know until you hover over it and read the description.

Before update: Lightning or Lightning Burst - You know what you are getting.
    After update: Lightning - Could be anywhere from I to X. You just do not know until you hover over it and read the description.

Please change this to be Boots of Speed I or Boots of Speed X.
    If Roman Numerals make the titles to long, then use 1 through 10 or A through Z.

/Seconded.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

+1

The sound reasoning of this request is so good that one can only wonder how it didn't get fixed before it went live...

I disagree. Don't encourage them to keep this new system. It is the least creative, most lazily put together garbage I have ever wasted my breath on.

Community Member

That, and add some visual indication of sockets. There's just no reason you should have to hover-over items in the AH to find what you need.

Or, fix the search in the auction house like we've been asking for since probably before I started. Guild and Aug slots, Crafting level, affix +'s, etc... It's a quality of life fix that's loooong overdue.

And yeah, return to the creatively named affixes. Roman Numerals are idiotic. There was no Rome in Eberron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Or, fix the search in the auction house like we've been asking for since probably before I started. Guild and Aug slots, Crafting level, affix +'s, etc... It's a quality of life fix that's loooong overdue.

And yeah, return to the creatively named affixes. Roman Numerals are idiotic. There was no Rome in Eberron.
    Yes, please.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

The Thing That Should Not Be lipidoidal_maniac's Avatar

All of these !
    Orien! Kerkos wiz-> sorc -> druid -> bard -> rogue -> monk -> ranger
    artificer -> favored soul -> paladin -> fighter -> warlock -> barb
    Blighttongue barb -> ranger -> fighter -> monk -> bard
    Seekn cleric -> fvs -> druid

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Thanks for the support.

I would like to see the suggestions about the auction house added also.

Community Member

Agree with the topic, the numbers need to be added to the short descriptions. Currently browsing AH / quest rewards / inventory / account bank is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    I disagree. Don't encourage them to keep this new system. It is the least creative, most lazily put together garbage I have ever wasted my breath on.
    I disagree a bit. The numbers are too big, if items went up to +9, but with new distribution of slots (con in boots, etc), it would have been good. The fact that numbers are so big, and the addition of deadly, meant that many of the named items were outdated, which is bad. The types of loot itself aren't that bad.

The weapons are a bigger deal. So many fun effects were removed it's not even slightly funny. Addition of ghostbane to the possible item effects was a good idea. But removing anything other than ghostly to do so was awful. Combine old and new and things are much better already.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

They could've just included ghost touch in disruption and undead bane affixes, and that would be sorted. No need to make new things, and definitely no reason to remove half the loot from drop lists.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Agreed on this disagreement.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."