Community Member

Default " Please Devs " Take a moment to look this over .

Can you please reconsider the cooldown on doubleshot , Or atleast give characters with 18 levels or more of ranger a passive that completly nullifies the timer or at the most 50 % of it .

As it stands while doubleshot is cool we really don't get that much of it . So to only have it functional for 20 seconds untill your next manyshot is pretty horrible .

Now i state this in comparison to monkcher splashes . They gain so many other bonuses theres almost no reason to ever stay pure , Outside of lore and some people just like em .

I really do like the implementation of doubleshot , I just wish there was a way to work it up to more than 60% like melee get with doublestrike and without a timer for 18 rangers as i previously stated. Even then i think 10k builds would out do us in rof but it would close the gap a little , And melee would still be far ahead outside of our 20 second burst .
    Last edited by murf201; 11-05-2013 at 10:20 AM.

/signed.

All this double-shot cool-down does is make pure/mostly ranger archers meh and it's yet another defacto buff to monks.

This game has too much monk-love already.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    /signed.

All this double-shot cool-down does is make pure/mostly ranger archers meh and it's yet another defacto buff to monks.

This game has too much monk-love already.
    Agreed. When the answer to many questions is "needs more monk" I feel like we're in that SNL sketch w/ the cowbell. Who's the best at X? Monk splash.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Default let's be real with each other !!

It's almost obvious that the cooldown was placed there as to not allow monkchers so much of the benefit . But they nerfed pure builds to hell as well , When this ability already needed a boost for pure's .

100% /signed for pure/mostly rangers. Tack the time on to the 10k timer while you're at it. Just for fun

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Agree something to reduce it would be nice. I made this suggestion not to long ago.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...bleshot-Debuff
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    100% /signed for pure/mostly rangers. Tack the time on to the 10k timer while you're at it. Just for fun
    Not just rangers - just be a bit more focused on monks. I mean, if someone builds a kensai or barb archer (AA, say) I wouldn't want to nerf them into oblivion too just because now their class isn't either monk or ranger. It isn't like a ranger 6 / fighter 12 with no monk (are there any?) archer is going to ROFLStomp the world either.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

If the cooldown on double shot is a "fix" for a problem, then I'd love to know what the devs think the problem is. This only further increases the divide between a ranged ranger and someone that just uses manyshot, then swaps back to melee. If 100% ranged toons using manyshot is a problem, I really don't see how this fixes anything really. It hits the wrong types of toons in my opinion.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Default Def agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    If the cooldown on double shot is a "fix" for a problem, then I'd love to know what the devs think the problem is. This only further increases the divide between a ranged ranger and someone that just uses manyshot, then swaps back to melee. If 100% ranged toons using manyshot is a problem, I really don't see how this fixes anything really. It hits the wrong types of toons in my opinion.

Yeah they really did hit the wrong type , This does not affect 10 k builds at all .

To the devs , "10K builds do not rely on doubleshot , and if they had an option they would melee over it "

Im def against any class outside of monks getting this debuff , You are right though this debuff should be stuck on 10k and nothing else .

/signed in blood.

along with many problems with pure...

• Taking away Ranged Alacrity instead of boosting it.
    • introducing this percentage bs called doubleshot.
    • wrecking Archers Focus. Again.
    • placing Speed Boost on Tempest tree.
    • Removing the prerequesites for AA.
    • making 2k a 6th lvl Feat for ponks. Should b 12 or even higher.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

The only time it makes sense for doubleshot to deactivate is during the burst ranged abilities: manyshot, 10k stars, and endless fuscilade. Penalizing a build for using a burst ability is oberoni.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

I think the deeper problem with how Archery is currently structured is that if you want to be good, not awesome, just decently able, you are effectively forced to take Rangerlevels to get to Arcane Archer.

It lowers build versatiliy.

And do you guys know what never lowered versatiliy?

Last edited by Noctus; 11-05-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen