Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Petition to fix "safe spot" exploiting

Everyone is all up in arms about the ED exploit, but I'd like to take a minute to talk about the real problem that's ruining this game. I'm sick and tired of some low life coming into my Pug and using this exploit to make quick work of some boss. It never fails, we get to (insert endboss here) and some tool gets on an invisible ledge and ruins everyone's fun. It is destroying the game as we know it and has single-handedly made the Pug scene into a Ghostland. Not to be confused with a Ghostbane, since we all know if these people had their Ghostbane past lives and max ranks in Ghostbane they wouldn't need to find a safe spot. The bosses would die from the sheer terror and then we would bane their Ghosts. With Ghostbane.

/Not Signed

It doesn't ruin everyone's fun it ruins YOUR fun. If YOU don't like people jumping up in safe spots and sniping bosses feel free to take aggro away from that boss and melee him/her. Just intimi the boss or get some threat gear aggro the boss then melee him/her that way you can fight the boss face to face while the others snipe, problem solved.

Unlike the destiny exploit here you actually do have a choice you don't have to fight a boss from a safe spot if you don't want to.
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

Whew, that was close! At first it read as though you were serious, but at the end there you finally baned my ghost.

I give that troll two kernels up

Edit: Make that 5k kernels up, as the guy upstairs from me bought it!
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 11-04-2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Not even sure if he's being serious. Any talk about ghostbane generally means a joke thread most of the time.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to hit this up before they nerf it.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

/signed. People need to grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    /signed. People need to grow a pair.
    I have a pair... a pair of ghost banes that is!

(I have a lot more than a pair, and if there is some way I can just grow them and not loot them please tell me, with how much people need these it would be like a cash crop.)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    ... The bosses would die from the sheer terror and then we would bane their Ghosts. With Ghostbane.

But after having baned their Ghosts all we would have are more Ghost-Banes! Just imagine if Ghost-Banes were everywhere?

Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno5k View Post
    /Not Signed

It doesn't ruin everyone's fun it ruins YOUR fun. If YOU don't like people jumping up in safe spots and sniping bosses feel free to take aggro away from that boss and melee him/her. Just intimi the boss or get some threat gear aggro the boss then melee him/her that way you can fight the boss face to face while the others snipe, problem solved.

Unlike the destiny exploit here you actually do have a choice you don't have to fight a boss from a safe spot if you don't want to.
    I can't take aggro from someone who is both exploiting and has 3 Ghostbane past lives and max ranks in Ghostbane. Don't even get me started on the Ghostbane augments. These exploiters are so OP that I can do nothing but smash my keyboard in rage while they range (insert boss name) from the invisible ledge of riposte. Fix it now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    Everyone is all up in arms about the ED exploit, but I'd like to take a minute to talk about the real problem that's ruining this game. I'm sick and tired of some low life coming into my Pug and using this exploit to make quick work of some boss. It never fails, we get to (insert endboss here) and some tool gets on an invisible ledge and ruins everyone's fun. It is destroying the game as we know it and has single-handedly made the Pug scene into a Ghostland. Not to be confused with a Ghostbane, since we all know if these people had their Ghostbane past lives and max ranks in Ghostbane they wouldn't need to find a safe spot. The bosses would die from the sheer terror and then we would bane their Ghosts. With Ghostbane.

100% agreed!

Quests should only have one path to completion, and it should be accessible to every player in the game, regardless if they are first or 41st life characters.

Perches, Social Skills, Epic Destinies, Hygiene, carefully planned equipment, and most other things that my characters can't yet access should not be permitted to confer an advantage.

Don't get me wrong - it's ok if players invest time and resources into equipping their characters with past lives or tedious to acquire loot, but these things should not in any way change how well those characters execute tasks in the game.

It's very harmful to the game that some quests, sagas, and even complete TR lives can be completed using more than one strategy.

It's even worse that there are some players that can do these things faster than I can.

Default T.w.a.a.t.

Totally Wierd Attempt At Trolling
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoaly View Post
    carefully planned equipment
    Ghostbane necklace, ghostbane trinket, ghostbane cloak, ghostbane belt, ghostbane rings, ghostbane gloves, ghostbane boots, ghostbane bracers, ghostbane armor, ghostbane goggles, ghostbane helm. Win!

I used my Ghostbane to make nearly a million dollars tax-free, using this one weird trick...

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Ghostbane necklace, ghostbane trinket, ghostbane cloak, ghostbane belt, ghostbane rings, ghostbane gloves, ghostbane boots, ghostbane bracers, ghostbane armor, ghostbane goggles, ghostbane helm. Win!
    Everything else is coming up ghostbane, but I'm having a hard time farming ghostbane boots. Any suggestions?

Does this mean our new modus operandi ought to be "Ghostbane early and often"?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

I recall a ghost post by a ghost Dev that standing on a ghost ledge while wearing ghost boots was perfectly ghostly and would not earn you anything unghostly but I did hear a ghost rumor by a ghost nob that received a ghost ban by a ghost GM...

Ghostbane it: the only way to be sure is to take off and Ghostbane it from orbit
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

The
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

I think Ghostbane exploiting is Ghostbane.

For the ghost to be baned, there first have to be ghosts.

I guess ghostbane worked better than I thought...

GHOSTBANE!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Everything else is coming up ghostbane, but I'm having a hard time farming ghostbane boots. Any suggestions?
    You should try Jewel of Ghostbane. Helps a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast