Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CR24 dryad summons?

In heroic Prison of the Planes the other day, a 16th level character summoned a CR24 dryad. Am I correct in assuming he was using the ED exploit? Or is there some way for a level 16 character to legitimately summon a CR24 dryad?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    In heroic Prison of the Planes the other day, a 16th level character summoned a CR24 dryad. Am I correct in assuming he was using the ED exploit? Or is there some way for a level 16 character to legitimately summon a CR24 dryad?
    You are correct, and they were doing it wrong... The Succubus is much better eyecandy for trivializing sub-epic content...

Edit: IDK if the Dryad is an epic summon or not TBH, bit I always appreciate when somebody summons the Big Topless Malicia
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 11-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

I think they go on sale in the store sometimes. You probably just missed it. Just check the first few pages every day.

Community Member

Default Not an exploit

Sorry but this one isn't an exploit. It is apparently working as intended and Feather of Sun has admitted to using it themselves. Not sure why everyone is all up in arms about it. It actually takes quite abit of work to get the ED levels for anything worth while and to be perfectly honest if you are willing to put that much work into it to use it on a TR I don't really see the problem.

"Uber Gear" is a problem and always has been a problem in DDO at low levels. They should put say +5 Holy Great Axes (or any weapon) and say +6 stat items with no min levels that are Bound to Account on Acquire in level 28 or higher chests and raids that you can put on your low levels when TRing/etc. Takes some of the pain away from and gives a reason to grind out somethings. The ED twists is kind of a solution to that without them needing to put any real work into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaWeredragon View Post
    Sorry but this one isn't an exploit. It is apparently working as intended and Feather of Sun has admitted to using it themselves. Not sure why everyone is all up in arms about it. It actually takes quite abit of work to get the ED levels for anything worth while and to be perfectly honest if you are willing to put that much work into it to use it on a TR I don't really see the problem.

"Uber Gear" is a problem and always has been a problem in DDO at low levels. They should put say +5 Holy Great Axes (or any weapon) and say +6 stat items with no min levels that are Bound to Account on Acquire in level 28 or higher chests and raids that you can put on your low levels when TRing/etc. Takes some of the pain away from and gives a reason to grind out somethings. The ED twists is kind of a solution to that without them needing to put any real work into something else.
    No, it has been confirmed by devs that it is not WAI, and it is, in fact, fixed starting U20. It is cheating. It is breaking the rules of the game.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    No, it has been confirmed by devs that it is not WAI, and it is, in fact, fixed starting U20. It is cheating. It is breaking the rules of the game.

then I guess Feather of Sun should be banned and fired then for using it in the game.

then I guess Feather of Sun should be banned and fired then for using it in the game.
    No, but I would like to see the confirmation that he used/uses it in game. As of right now, not really believing it.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    That's caused by an Epic Destiny enhancement from Unyielding Sentinel, named "Purify Weapon".
    It is not native to the Turbine Shield, which is just a mithral large shield.
    And a link to the video, apparently they were running waterworks on a low level character(s) for the interview http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/471333878

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    That's caused by an Epic Destiny enhancement from Unyielding Sentinel, named "Purify Weapon".
    It is not native to the Turbine Shield, which is just a mithral large shield.
    And a link to the video, apparently they were running waterworks on a low level character(s) for the interview http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/471333878
    At least get your quotes right if you are going to spew wildly false accusations:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    So...

You were using an epic destiny feature in a level 4 quest...
    Nope. That picture was taken on my epic level admin +Cordovan on Lamannia, not from either of the characters with the shield on live.

Prove it!
    Here's your proof.
    /munches popcorn waiting for the "Yah, but that doesn't count 'cause..."

Edit: damn that was quick..
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 11-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    At least get your quotes right if you are going to spew wildly false accusations:
    You really think people would do that? Take something a Turbine employee said out of context and skewer them for saying something they didn't actually say in order to either cast Inflict Doom or justify their own actions?

How outlandish!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Gah...I had that page up and everything waiting, and then I had to go wash dishes...beat me to it...

But yes, there is your "proof". The picture wasn't even posted by Feather, so why you would assume that Feather was the one who was the one doing it is beyond me. He just remarked that the enhancement on it was from an ED. Of course, everyone is going to assume things, because they want validation that what they do is ok, and to hush the naysayers. You have NOT been validated, and come U20, you have no argument anymore.

And, also, to go ahead and add this on, the argument of "Well, if Turbine would code the game right and these bugs didn't exist, it would be different. But they screwed up, not me." That argument holds about as much water as saying it was the bank's fault they got robbed because they left the vault open.

Leader of The Dark Creed

Thanks for the link that helped a lot to get the "real" context. In less than a minute I can see that FoS did not say that and Jerry pointed out it was a pic from an Epic Level Player. Nice try though.

And all characters in the video were first lifers so not possible to have EDs btw
    Last edited by Enoach; 11-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Don't forget, using safe spots is also an exploit.
    When twists are fixed, don't forget to start crusade against safe spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Don't forget, using safe spots is also an exploit.
    When twists are fixed, don't forget to start crusade against safe spots.
    This has been clarified as well. Using terrain to your advantage = not an exploit. Using a "safe spot" that is OBVIOUSLY not intended to be used = exploit.

Leader of The Dark Creed

This has been clarified as well. Using terrain to your advantage = not an exploit. Using a "safe spot" that is OBVIOUSLY not intended to be used = exploit.

If your safe spot is making mob stop in place, unable to hit you, or do anything, its an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If your safe spot is making mob stop in place, unable to hit you, or do anything, its an exploit.
    (Using made-up events, so the topic don't get cubed)

If you are fighting an ogre, and climb a ladder and range him, he is forced to switch to his bow instead of his might club to hit you. You can see the ogre down there trying to find a path to you, and stopping to range you. This is a good perching point. You are using the terrain to your advantage.

If you are fighting a drow necromancer, and jump into an invisible platform in the corner of a room that makes every spell he casts hit an invisible barrier and never damage you, while at the same time allow you to range him, it is an exploitable perch. It was not supposed to be there, and thus, not supposed to be used.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    (Using made-up events, so the topic don't get cubed)

If you are fighting an ogre, and climb a ladder and range him, he is forced to switch to his bow instead of his might club to hit you. You can see the ogre down there trying to find a path to you, and stopping to range you. This is a good perching point. You are using the terrain to your advantage.

If you are fighting a drow necromancer, and jump into an invisible platform in the corner of a room that makes every spell he casts hit an invisible barrier and never damage you, while at the same time allow you to range him, it is an exploitable perch. It was not supposed to be there, and thus, not supposed to be used.
    Something like this.

But things get more confusing when you are not fighting ogres or necromancers, but wolves and oozes.
    They can't switch to bow, so it might be arguable is it exploit or not (I think mobs should just run away from players on safespots, instead of waiting for death, but run, not reset).

I think the point is less on "can the mob range" and more on "am I standing in visible terrain or into an invisible perch point, or balancing in a 3-inches pillar"

Eg, ranging down the ooze pit in delera 4 is not an exxploit.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I think the point is less on "can the mob range" and more on "am I standing in visible terrain or into an invisible perch point, or balancing in a 3-inches pillar"

Eg, ranging down the ooze pit in delera 4 is not an exxploit.
    And then there are the quests where you can stand in a corner, or next to a pillar, and the mobs just run in circles because their wierd AI can't figure out that between you and them is a straight line of empty space.

First time I found one of these spots, I was simply being tactically sound: put my back in a corner so the group of mobs would have a limited amount of my body to target (no hitting me in the back/sides) and cleave would be maximally effective. Low and behold, instead of simply following me to my corner the mobs got with-in striking distance... and then just started circling eachother likechickens with their heads cut off. We were in melee range of eachother - I was hitting them - but they couldn't figure out how to stop moving and hit me back.

I was not on an "invisible ledge" nor was I on a "3inch piller." No, I agro'ed a group and ran to what should have been an equally accessible corner.

So is this exploiting mob AI, or is fighting from a terrain appropriate position?

Fwiw: I used to bug report these spots... For the first couple of years, but they're friggen' everywhere...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 11-04-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast