Community Member

Default Occult Slayer Remake Suggestion

In a game like Rift, Weapon Bond would be an awesome part of a tree like Occult Slayer, but in DDO where it is foreseen that weapons need changing out to meet the need, this Enhancement needs a rework. The only time one would need to build up stacks is if you die. As it stand there is no need to put points into the tree that give you SAY Metalline Bond or Parrying Bond or Guarding Bond just 'cause it's way to difficult to maintain stacks of any amount d/t changing weapons constantly...i think this needs to be thought out better cause right now it's wasted potential.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jahamar1 View Post
    In a game like Rift, Weapon Bond would be an awesome part of a tree like Occult Slayer, but in DDO where it is foreseen that weapons need changing out to meet the need, this Enhancement needs a rework. The only time one would need to build up stacks is if you die. As it stand there is no need to put points into the tree that give you SAY Metalline Bond or Parrying Bond or Guarding Bond just 'cause it's way to difficult to maintain stacks of any amount d/t changing weapons constantly...i think this needs to be thought out better cause right now it's wasted potential.
    I agree. It takes WAY too much stacks for the good stuff anyways let alone the fact that you don't gain a stack EVERY hit. The weapon bond wouldn't be nearly as bad if they make it where you gain stacks per hit or miss and have it where you gain stacks by per mob that you hit with tactical cleave feats also. Lowering the amount of stacks wouldn't be a bad idea also.

my biggest issue is that the cool down is just way too long. its easy to build up stacks and i actually waste or don't use most of them. the cool down needs to be reduced by half to actually be worth having.