Community Member

Default Is it ok to buy all the duped stuff now?

There are obviously items on the auction houses that are remnants of the recent duping and I'd like to know if Turbine has given up or if the heat is still on?

I've come to grips with the fact that most dupers got away with their actions and now I just want know if it's safe to start buying their duped stuff yet?

Community Member

I don't think there was ever a problem with buying stuff. It was the people duping and then posting it on AH who got in trouble. If you see something on the AH, buy it. You have no way of knowing where it came from.

Community Member

I've been buying dragon scales for a week and everything went just fine.

See the problem isn't really fixed if they didn't get rid of the duped items and as to people who bought them buyer beware.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

What duped stuff? I buy stuff from the AH all the time and I don't see why their would be anything wrong with buying their?

Is their something I've been missing? Will buying stuff off the AH get me in trouble? I'd like a dev confirmation of this.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    See the problem isn't really fixed if they didn't get rid of the duped items and as to people who bought them buyer beware.
    Beware of what, precisely?

Can we get banned for buying stuff that we have no way of knowing was duped by someone else? Will the stuff be deleted from us, leaving us out the Shards or plat we paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Can we get banned for buying stuff that we have no way of knowing was duped by someone else? Will the stuff be deleted from us, leaving us out the Shards or plat we paid for it?
    There are reports of that happening, people who didn't dupe but bought duped stuff did get put on vacation.

I cannot verify this, but there are reports of this on the other forum.

On Thelanis, the only item I noticed that was in unusual abundance at lower prices lately is Large Devil Scales. I picked up a few of them even though I'm pretty much done with GS crafting... the bargain seemed too good to pass up. I don't scan everything so possible I missed some other dupe action.

Kinda disappointed that there hasn't been a fire sale on greater essences... or maybe I just missed out on them.

Some folks are buying up to five (possibly) duped items at a time.

True story.

Community Member

As long as you only pay wholesale prices.

If you do happen to employ an alternate currency, be sure to stop by the forums and let everyone know.

Turbine cant remove duped items without logging on to people accounts and people who bought duped items will not get banned, if they do half of the game would get banned including me.
    Turbines incompetence is the real problem, they knew about this a long time but decided not to fix it till they are drowning.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    There are obviously items on the auction houses that are remnants of the recent duping and I'd like to know if Turbine has given up or if the heat is still on?

I've come to grips with the fact that most dupers got away with their actions and now I just want know if it's safe to start buying their duped stuff yet?
    Unless you know the real numbers of how many people got permabanned and/or how many folks got much of their items removed from their inventories you'd better not take things for granted. You don't want to come to the forums with a brand new account to make another ragethread on how unfair Turbine's extreme prejudice is, like we've seen dozens of people do in spite of those "facts" you've come to grips with.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Beware of stuff that appears to cheap getting deleted I don't think anyone should get banned for buying dupe stuff but if it gets deleted like it should they shouldn't get a refund for it but it doesn't matter Turbine appears to done this issue only halfway anyways since there appears to be many things that should have been deleted that weren't

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post

Look DDO is not going to fix anything thy don't even know how to fix the code thy are using. Buy a way and don't worry thy cant even fix any bugs, that's why people are leaving the game due to people who use cheats, exploits, duping, Griffin other players, DM's not responding to ticket's, Bug report system not working, LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and Support on the phone. it all sucks I CANT WATE FOR E.O.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind