Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Server Marges In The Future?...

So, I play on Ghallanda server and I've noticed it's fairly dead (at least compared to how it was a year or two ago).

I'm curious if the almighty Dev/etc have any plans to merge servers in the near future to solve the problems of severe lack of LFMs/population in general.

Edit: Marges instead of Merges is most likely the result of lack of sleep or me just being a dumbass (or perhaps both~~~)

Ghallanda is the most popular server, with around 17,000 people logging in per day (on average). Maybe you aren't looking in the right spots?

But no, no server merges. Can you imagine the mess that would cause?
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Also...

Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Default Server merges?

Why? They will not stop the majority from doing what they are doing, namely just running solo, doing guild runs or private channel runs. You might get a few more LFG listings but I doubt you would see that many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Ghallanda is the most popular server, with around 17,000 people logging in per day (on average). Maybe you aren't looking in the right spots?

But no, no server merges. Can you imagine the mess that would cause?
    I'm curious what sort of mess you're talking about. The only complaint I've seen thus far is the likelihood of name changes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaWeredragon View Post
    So, I play on Ghallanda server and I've noticed it's fairly dead (at least compared to how it was a year or two ago).

I'm curious if the almighty Dev/etc have any plans to merge servers in the near future to solve the problems of severe lack of LFMs/population in general.

Edit: Marges instead of Merges is most likely the result of lack of sleep or me just being a dumbass (or perhaps both~~~)
    Ghallanda isn't dead at all.

Yes, because merging the servers would completely solve the LFM problem! Or no it wouldn't because very few people on any server take the LFM system seriously. The majority use guild, user channels, friend lists, etc as the LFM system makes it quite a bit difficult to weed out those who are terrible and those who cause drama. Merging servers wouldn't change anything. The ratio of LFMs-to-non-LFM parties would remain the same.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 11-03-2013 at 08:06 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I'm curious what sort of mess you're talking about. The only complaint I've seen thus far is the likelihood of name changes.
    Turbine + moving hundreds of characters, inventories and various other things to another server + lag = mess

I mean, really, I love Turbine, and I love this game, and I am generally marked as a Turbine fanboi and what have you....but seriously, do YOU trust them enough to pull that off without losing your gear or toons?

Leader of The Dark Creed

Doesn't this topic come up every other week or so? It's all player speculation and perhaps desire with no word from the Turbine people. If and when it does happen it will be because of the company's bottom line and not because some players want it (or don't).

If you're using the LFM panel to make the assumptions, it's not the server that is dead, but the LFM. It's mainly related to ******** Streak and the unwillingness of the players to break it.
    As such they all prefer to rely on reliable people through guild channels, private channels, or to solo quests instead of taking chances with a party of PUGs.

Now G-Land when you use those guild and private channels is quite alive and there's no problem making groups for quests... as long as they are Elite for the ******** Streak.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Moving a character to another server DESTROYS their reincarnation cache...

Nuff said?

We dont need another server merge..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Honestly I was raising hell about it last night....Cannith over 20 was just a graveyard (again). On a Sunday night....***?
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

What solves the lfm problem is people putting up lfms. The issue with merging servers is if Turbine does do something that brings back players there would not be room to support it. They still have a few things they know they can do to bring back people. I bet Epic Shroud would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    What solves the lfm problem is people putting up lfms. The issue with merging servers is if Turbine does do something that brings back players there would not be room to support it. They still have a few things they know they can do to bring back people. I bet Epic Shroud would do it.
    Yup.

I play on the OP's server. Put up an LFM. It'll fill.

And yes, we need Epic Shroud.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Yup.

I play on the OP's server. Put up an LFM. It'll fill.

And yes, we need Epic Shroud.
    wish granted, but all epic shroud items do damage over time if the wearer is a troll. there is no cleansing ritual to this but paladin trolls are immune to the damage
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    wish granted, but all epic shroud items do damage over time if the wearer is a troll. there is no cleansing ritual to this but paladin trolls are immune to the damage
    Technically speaking playing a paladin in any group could be considered trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Turbine + moving hundreds of characters, inventories and various other things to another server + lag = mess

I mean, really, I love Turbine, and I love this game, and I am generally marked as a Turbine fanboi and what have you....but seriously, do YOU trust them enough to pull that off without losing your gear or toons?
    It has been done before.
    Gum Shoe~Drow Elf Rogue Hackin Slash~Human Fighter
    Timkin~Drow Elf Sorc Aarone Stone~Human Bard
    Tarnaa~Human Favored Soul Alcaden~Human Paladin
    Tipsee McStagger~Halfling Rogue Brawwn~Half-Orc Barbarian

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Technically speaking playing a paladin in any group could be considered trolling.
    i know, and now with ghostbane bringing them all out of the woodwork due to new found uberness it's troll o'clock every night!

speaking of which, you do realise the epic shroud items will feature ghostbane extensively don't you? only way to keep fresh blood in the game
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Right now - nah.
    The only server that would really benefit from a merge would be Wayfinder. And honestly, most people there are proud to rough it and like playing there.

I can see merges down the line if a couple of factors continue on their current trend. Maybe another two years. But for right now - nah.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast