Hero

Default TR'ing - It's all about disparity (or Something here does not smell right)

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]More Commendations show up for higher level quests.[*]More Commendations show up for harder difficulties (Normal, Hard, Elite).[*]For an example, we currently expect a level 26 Epic Hard quest to include 30 Commendations of Valor in the end reward list. The same quest on Normal would reward 18 Commendations, and on Elite it would reward 44 Commendations.[*]Our current plan is that Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood each require 4200 Commendations of Valor. This is close to our estimate of how many Commendations of Valor you would get from playing Epic Hard, non-ransacked quests and usually taking Commendations as the end reward, based on how many quests characters would finish between levels 20-28 (again, on Epic Hard).[/list]
    But wait on 10-22-2013, 12:48 AM Producer Glin added fairness into the debate on the TR system when he said (can't quote because you locked the thread):

• One thing, which players have already pointed out, is we are moving to a single game currency specifically for Hearts of Wood. New content, Eberron or FR, will not use Tokens of the Twelve, formerly “Epic Dungeon Tokens.” Originally intended as a hardcore option for the most Elite level cap builds – prior to U14 - the accessibility was made trivial for some when Epic levels were introduced. We left that unchecked and low priority for some time and there is an amazing disparity between players that can grind dozens in hours vs. the majority that takes days (20-30 hours) of gameplay to accomplish – we are balancing this system.

So hmm, wait a minute my 18 life completionist character with all his Turbine store purchases was doing things to fast and well in comparison to a character on a first life or one being played by someone who did not know the game as well as I do. Well if that was part of the reason for this whole new game mechanic then why are casual runs locked out of Commendations of Valor and why will my hard or elite runs be rewarding my uber character with many more commendations than that noob characters normal runs? And if he's really bad and needs to do it on casual then he's totally locked out of this new system. Seems like this new system is creating an even greater disparity between players talents and time it takes to get a free TR? It's impossible for me to understand the need for a new mechanic when I feel like Turbine keeps changing the reasons for doing so and continually moving the goal post around. Is this really about disparity or perhaps something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    But wait on 10-22-2013, 12:48 AM Producer Glin added fairness into the debate on the TR system when he said (can't quote because you locked the thread):

• One thing, which players have already pointed out, is we are moving to a single game currency specifically for Hearts of Wood. New content, Eberron or FR, will not use Tokens of the Twelve, formerly “Epic Dungeon Tokens.” Originally intended as a hardcore option for the most Elite level cap builds – prior to U14 - the accessibility was made trivial for some when Epic levels were introduced. We left that unchecked and low priority for some time and there is an amazing disparity between players that can grind dozens in hours vs. the majority that takes days (20-30 hours) of gameplay to accomplish – we are balancing this system.

So hmm, wait a minute my 18 life completionist character with all his Turbine store purchases was doing things to fast and well in comparison to a character on a first life or one being played by someone who did not know the game as well as I do. Well if that was part of the reason for this whole new game mechanic then why are casual runs locked out of Commendations of Valor and why will my hard or elite runs be rewarding my uber character with many more commendations than that noob characters normal runs? And if he's really bad and needs to do it on casual then he's totally locked out of this new system. Seems like this new system is creating an even greater disparity between players talents and time it takes to get a free TR? It's impossible for me to understand the need for a new mechanic when I feel like Turbine keeps changing the reasons for doing so and continually moving the goal post around. Is this really about disparity or perhaps something else?
    since the CoV for Heroic Hearts has been scratched this point is moot.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    since the CoV for Heroic Hearts has been scratched this point is moot.
    No, If the rational for changing tokens of the 12 was disparity then the rational for obtaining commendations of valor should not create disparity. Noobs and people who solo should get them on casual. While I think that it's silly to give the same amount on all difficulties it's equally silly that this rational was used in the tokens of the 12 debate in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    No, If the rational for changing tokens of the 12 was disparity then the rational for obtaining commendations of valor should not create disparity. Noobs and people who solo should get them on casual. While I think that it's silly to give the same amount on all difficulties it's equally silly that this rational was used in the tokens of the 12 debate in my humble opinion.
    there are players who play on casual?

It actually will likely be most rewarding to either run EH on most quests and EN on other quest since the amount of time it takes to complete an EE quest compared to EN and EH.

getting less CoV from more daily runs of lower difficulty quests will likely trump getting more CoV from running fewer Elite quests.

There will always be disparity between experienced players and in experienced players.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post

There will always be disparity between experienced players and in experienced players.
    Yes but Turbine seems to think that game mechanics can fix this.