Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Once you go ghostbane, you never go back.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Community Member

[They drunkenly barge into some tearooms]

Withnail: [pointing at a table] All right here?

Waitress: What do you want?

Withnail: Ghostbane. All right here?

Waitress: No, we're closing in a minute.

Withnail: We're leaving in a minute.

[he sits down and picks up a menu]

Withnail: We want ghostbane and ghostbane.

Tea Shop Proprietor: Didn't you hear? She said she'd closed. What do you want in here?

Withnail: Ghostbane. What's it got to do with you?

Tea Shop Proprietor: I happen to be the proprietor. Now, would you leave?

Withnail: Ah! I'm glad you're the proprietor, I was gonna have to have a word with you anyway. We're working on a quest up here. Locations, see. We might wanna do a quest in here.

Tea Shop Proprietor: You're drunk.

Marwood: Just bring out the ghostbane.

Withnail: Ghostbane and fine ghostbane.

Waitress: If you don't leave, we'll call the police.

Withnail: B*lls! We want the finest ghostbanes available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

In the beginning, there was nothing. A vast emptiness not at all unlike the inside of a paladin's head...

And the Producer said to the programmer, Make the World!

And the programmer compiled. (bing)

*world created. *

And the Producer said to the Developer.... Fill it with content.

And the dev designed. and sent his designed to the programmer.

and the programmer compiled. (bing)

*content created.*

And the Producer said to Feather of the Sun, Fill the content with loot, and make it glowie.

And Feather went to google chrome, and asked if they had any Awesominum left over, took it and made Ghostbane. (bing)

*ghostbane created.*

then the Producer said to Warner Brothers.. Turn it on!!

(bing)

*the world opened to a new dawn, as players flooded the content, the Ghostbane ran like rivers from chests across the realm*

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

this one time, at bard camp, i stuck a ghostbane in its scabbard!

i know, i know, it's a gross and disturbing image, there is no conceivable reason you'd ever sheathe a ghostbane.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Fred that if they move my enhancements one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Arlos too, because they've moved my enhancements four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the kobolds, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Ghostbane to the Riposte suffix, but I kept my Ghostbane suffix because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the description for the Ghostbane suffix and it's not okay because if they take my Ghostbane then I'll set the building on fire...

Nananananananana GHOOOOOOSTBANE!!!!!!

Man: You sit here, dear.
    Wife: All right.
    Man: Morning!
    Waitress: Morning!
    Man: Well, what've you got?
    Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and ghostbane; egg bacon and ghostbane; egg bacon sausage and ghostbane; ghostbane bacon sausage and ghostbane; ghostbane egg ghostbane ghostbane bacon and ghostbane; ghostbane sausage ghostbane ghostbane bacon ghostbane tomato and ghostbane;
    Vikings: Ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane...
    Waitress: ...ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane egg and ghostbane; ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane baked beans ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane...
    Vikings: Ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane!
    Waitress: ...or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and ghostbane.
    Wife: Have you got anything without ghostbane?
    Waitress: Well, there's ghostbane egg sausage and ghostbane, that's not got much ghostbane in it.
    Wife: I don't want ANY ghostbane!
    Man: Why can't she have egg bacon ghostbane and sausage?
    Wife: THAT'S got ghostbane in it!
    Man: Hasn't got as much ghostbane in it as ghostbane egg sausage and ghostbane, has it?
    Vikings: Ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane...
    Wife: Could you do the egg bacon ghostbane and sausage without the ghostbane then?
    Waitress: Urgghh!
    Wife: What do you mean 'Urgghh'? I don't like ghostbane!
    Vikings: Lovely ghostbane! Wonderful ghostbane!
    Waitress: Shut up!
    Vikings: Lovely ghostbane! Wonderful ghostbane!
    Waitress: Shut up! Bloody Vikings! You can't have egg bacon ghostbane and sausage without the ghostbane.
    Wife: I don't like ghostbane!
    Man: Sshh, dear, don't cause a fuss. I'll have your ghostbane. I love it. I'm having ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane beaked beans ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane and ghostbane!
    Vikings: Ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane. Lovely ghostbane! Wonderful ghostbane!
    Waitress: Shut up!! Baked beans are off.
    Man: Well could I have her ghostbane instead of the baked beans then?
    Waitress: You mean ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane...
    Vikings: Ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane. Lovely ghostbane! Wonderful ghostbane! ghostbane gho-o-o-o-o-stbane gho-o-o-o-o-stbane. Lovely ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane! Lovely ghostbane! ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane ghostbane!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Ghostbane invented the question mark.
    Ghostbane extinctified the question mark as well. All questions can be answered by Ghostbane. I'm going on Jeopardy next week and I've been practicing my hand speed since I now know every answer is "What is Ghostbane?" Thanks Ghostbane.

Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Default Ghostbane taking over twitter even!

Tom Cruise named his baby Ghostbane i heard!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Community Member

Default The Tao of Ghostbane

The Ghostbane that can be crafted is not the enduring and unchanging Ghostbane.
    The affix that can be named is not the enduring and unchanging affix.
    (Conceived of as) having no enhancement value, it is the Originator of Ethereal Miss Chance Bypass;
    (conceived of as) having an enhancement value, it is the Mother of all extra d6s of damage versus undead.

Always without Ghost Touch we must be found,
    If its deep mystery we would sound;
    But if Ghost Touch always within us be,
    Its outer fringe is all that we shall see.

Under these two aspects, it is really the same; but as development
    takes place, it receives the different names. Together we call them
    the undead beater. Where the undead beating is the deepest is the gate of all that
    is subtle and wonderful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    About Ghostbane.

People, this thing is changing our life, and the way DDO is played from Korthos to Epic Elite Stormhorns.
    It has obseleted all builds, classes, spells, races, and destinies. All that matters is stacking Ghostbane. Is this direction good? Is it bad, or is it just the inevitable result of such an amazing loot ability?

I mean, I'm glad that it puts the fun in FUNdamentally important, but I do wonder sometimes if the game was better before any 8 str build could do 9,323,682 damage per strike with Ghostbane DCCC.
    Ghostbane may be able to beat Alabama in a BCS game, but I doubt it. RTR.
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

Ghostbane must really work. You ever see any Ghosts in the game?

THAT'S how powerful it is.

Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Someone please give Coyle Ghostbane NOW!!
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast