Community Member

Default Why i will (soonish) be leaving the game..

Yes, another one of 'those threads'.

Let me say first that I have played this game since beta. I am not the most elite of players, but I would say maybe top of the middle. I did take a break for about 6 months after Gianthold released. I took another short break about a year after Meridia. Basically, since release i have been paying for this game aside from maybe 6 months in that span. I have characters on a couple servers, tr's, multiple lives, my own guild and ship and lots of hoarded loot and maed items. basically i'v done it all. Yes, the veneer is wearing thin, but that's not why I am on the verge of semi-rage quitting.

Here is my "last straw": After finally giving in that sagas are the way to go I set out to complete the High Road saga. I patiently waited and got a group for EE High Road. We did really well and went through it all without too much of a hitch. everything else I soloed on EH. We fought and fought the end of End of the Road. Not an easy end fight. Anyway, we completed and I went and got my reward. I went to turn in the saga and low and behold it says EotR is not completed. ooookay. Log out, log in... no luck. Submit a ticket and basically get "sorry, but this isn't something we can help with, submit a formal bug ticket" and it was closed. Awesome. So basically nothing will happen. As we all know bug tickets do nothing in this game.

I have fought through spells not working, targeting being off and everything else. I have jumped on top of the fire in Stormcleave so Helios couldn't reach us. Basically I have lived with, and benefitted sometimes, from bugs. However this game now is looking to be "all about" the sagas. It's another system they are half-assing and trying to force us into. The population is so far down that finding a group for an EE run is like finding the rarest of treasures. So the question becomes why should I fight through everything else to complete a 'saga' (I use this loosely because it makes little sense story wise) with the promise of a pay out I will (probably) get gypped on? And then there is no recourse...

This is just my straw, as I said. looking at the future i don't see a game going where I want it to. I want things fixed. I have never, ever complained about bugs like this before. However there are SO MANY SYSTEMS in this game that are just irrelevant. Rather then fix or update them they just add on a bunch of other **** - which I have no belief anymore will actually work.

I may stick it out through the next update, but if it is going as it seems then Turbine can consider this a very drawn out, patient ragequit. Me and my script will be moving on.

Thanks for reading, if you've made it this far.

The Hundred Year Warriors of Argonessen.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

OMG, if you're going to spam this cartoonish image each time, at least replace it by something populated by some D&D-like creatures- dwarves, elves, orcs, wizards, warforgeds and pitfiends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

I feel your pain brother. It's a sad state that Turbine has fallen into.

Do you remember if you were dead when the quest finished? In that case it won't be added to the saga list.. Happened to me when they were introduced with Unquiet graves.. Had to redo it..

The good news is that they'll (finally) fix this with next update..
    The bad news is that.. well.. it's DDO.. Live with it.. Or leave it..

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

It's disheartening to think that system upon which they intend to force us to base ITRs and ERs doesn't work.

I have stated a few times now that when my TP runs out (I still have a lot left from the "expansion pack" pre-order deal), I will likely be moving on.

While the new Sage/TR system was what made it seem inevitable, the real reason for me is that the game is becoming increasingly un-PUG-able, and too many friends themselves have moved on. The game isn't what it used to be for me, and Turbine hasn't earned my loyalty.
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 11-03-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Community Member

If that wasn't the last straw something else would have been, when people are tired of the game (which sounds like the real problem) they find a reason to leave. And then post this here thread on the forums whining about there so called problem. Your right its another one of those threads.... CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    P.S.
    Memnir: grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdae View Post
    Do you remember if you were dead when the quest finished? In that case it won't be added to the saga list.. Happened to me when they were introduced with Unquiet graves.. Had to redo it..
    This, if you are dead at the end of a quest it won't count towards your Saga.

Bummer, I mean it count's in every other way, but not towards the Saga.

anyone else seeing a trend lately to these "leaving the game" threads? im actually being serious here. a lot of the reasons are pretty much about the same things.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

It's disheartening to think that system upon which they intend to force us to base ITRs and ERs doesn't work.
    That's all changed... the devs listened to us, and comms will drop from end-rewards on all epic quests, not from sagas. Sagas are back to being completely optional... The OP (and you) have nothing to rage about.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 11-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmwalker View Post
    However this game now is looking to be "all about" the sagas.
    This has changed. Sagas are back to being fully optional. I did my first one the other day, and I very much enjoyed the bonus xp... And that's all sagas are... pure bonus... If they don't work, I'm in the exact same spot I was before sagas were introduced. There's no downside... If they work, bonus... If they don't, I don't lose anything.

You probably were dead at the end of the quest which is a known bug, and they are fixing it next update.
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

P.S.
    Memnir: grow up.
    Memnir's Mario picture is 100% appropriate in every one of these "I rage-quit! (well not really)" threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    That's all changed... the devs listened to us, and comms will drop from end-rewards on all epic quests, not from sagas. Sagas are back to being completely optional... The OP (and you) have nothing to rage about.
    That's not what he was talking about. The saga system is BROKE, like doesn't give credit for quest completions sometimes. The one known reason for this is if the quest completed when someone was dead.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Thank you for your participation, and we wish you well in your future endeavors.