Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You cannot trade crests between party members in mansion. I learned this the hard way, when I was running with a guildie who had terrible reflex saves. When we approached the trap hall I suggested he trade his crests to me and I'd run down and solo the assassin. No joy; crests cannot be traded.
    As far as i know you can drop them from inventory to the ground. And another party member can pick them up.
    Not a native english speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    - Something I'm still experimenting with but so far works fair enough. At level 16, I had the warforged barbarian hireling tag along as dps improvement. Except for the times where I had mobs attacking me and he just stood there and watched like an inanimate armor, he actually made killing mobs faster. At times I would pull a bunch of phantasmal scum bags, pop invisibility and jump off somewhere. They would all swarm to him, I'd leave him on park and just continue. That must surely have helped contribute to the score, I'm guessing roughly at least 100 extra for more mob kills achieved.
    At pretty much any Heroic challenge, I found the best hireling for soloing is paladin. Unless my toon has no self-healing whatsoever.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Default Think I am done with Rushmores

Wow, do you think this is a sign from Turbine that I should never run Rushmore's again?

Though incidentally the DDOWiki lists ingredients as 17% of the total score. My score being 4165 *.17 = 708 is what I should have gotten. I think I am going to start tracking what I get and see if there is some sort of variation.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    If you can handle it there's a way around this issue while soloing/short-manning.

Hirelings.

They may not raise the difficulty a ton but they do add a few extra enemies. I prefer to pop my level 3 reusable gold-seal cleric, level 20 reusable panther, and a normal level 18 healer when I run these at 18 for stars. Leave the level 3 at the start, put the panther and healer on aggressive, and zerg the place while the healer/panther clean up whatever's trying to follow you. You still can get really unlucky on crests but at least you have a few extra kills to pad your chances.
    Since the thread was necro'd anyways, I wanted to give this post a bump. Hirelings have made a huge difference for my success rate running mansion challenges. They don't help much with the fight, but they do scale the mobs which increases the crest drops and they all go to me. I pretty much do the same thing using one platinum healer type and as many of the perma hires as is appropriate for the level.

The biggest cause of failure is usually not having the right crest, and more crest drops lowers that chance... provided you can still kill quickly.

I'd only dabbled very little in challenges in the past. Yesterday, I decided to give them another try because the gear you can create is so nice.

I ran Behind the Door several times and was getting very frustrated with crests. Then I read up on challenges a bit and discovered that you can get them from breakables. So I went back in armed with that knowledge and had very little trouble gathering them up. Granted, I only got 2 stars but after two run-throughs knowing I could get crests that way I had no trouble getting the mats I needed.

Not sure how relevant this is to the rest of the discussion, and more than likely people reading this will think I'm an idiot for not knowing that. But honestly, I had more crests than I could even use once I started smashing everything in sight.
    When you stand out in the rain, you get wet.

The Long Shot - where I write about stuff: www.thelongshotist.com

Yep, you SHOULD be able to but the formula is screwed up somehow.

It's important to note that stars have almost nothing to do with it except preventing you from getting the last boss and the last door. Based on the diminishing returns of how points award mats I bet a perfect 6-star run would barely break 800 mats.

Of course you can. It's ridiculous to think you can't.

Tell you what: I'll get you your precious screenshot if you agree to add "I'm an idiot" to your signature for a year. And no, not "Ellisdee37 is an idiot", I mean the literal "I'm an idiot."

Dont get so cocky next time, without testing for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Dont get so cocky next time, without testing for yourself.
    Next time explain the formula is broken instead of just making unsupported proclamations.

Next time explain the formula is broken instead of just making unsupported proclamations.
    My claim was supported, yours wasnt.
    That is the difference, I test something before claiming it is true, you dont.

Default 800+ Goblets

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    It's very possible to get high ingredient payouts without getting many stars. All of the mansion challenges have opening all the doors, and killing all the bosses as star objectives.

This means you can open all doors but one, kill all bosses but one, end up with a huge score, but only 2 stars.

In all of the other challenges, getting more stars is absolutely counter to producing more mats.
    I was just running this on my Iconic Challenege Farmer and scored 824 Goblets with 5000+ points and only two stars. One crest shy of the last portal and Doctor Rushmore.

Last edited by Panzermeyer; 09-03-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Updated link to image
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345