Default 3BC Scorchtusk rare

OK so Scorchtusk moved cos the place he used to spawn is inside the public area. Wiki map isn't up to date (I'd update it myself if I had decent map skills), but I figure he must be on the boat that's out in the bay, because a chest keeps appearing down there.

I've just seen that chest spawn four times in a row this morning, and each time I've been able to get over to the ship and loot it, but there has been no rare. Where the heck does he spawn now? I smashed all the crates in case that 'made him mad enough' to appear, I've been up to the helm and all around the deck... I've gone over the bay to where the old explorer used to be where the dinghy is tied up at the little jetty, I've tried coming at the ship from above (jumping off crows nest) and coming up the ladder in case the ladder is a spawn trigger... nothing

What'd I miss? Is it bugged or something? I mean, free loot, woo, but... I wanted that last rare!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    OK so Scorchtusk moved cos the place he used to spawn is inside the public area. Wiki map isn't up to date (I'd update it myself if I had decent map skills), but I figure he must be on the boat that's out in the bay, because a chest keeps appearing down there.

I've just seen that chest spawn four times in a row this morning, and each time I've been able to get over to the ship and loot it, but there has been no rare. Where the heck does he spawn now? I smashed all the crates in case that 'made him mad enough' to appear, I've been up to the helm and all around the deck... I've gone over the bay to where the old explorer used to be where the dinghy is tied up at the little jetty, I've tried coming at the ship from above (jumping off crows nest) and coming up the ladder in case the ladder is a spawn trigger... nothing

What'd I miss? Is it bugged or something? I mean, free loot, woo, but... I wanted that last rare!
    8 hours later... bump. Anyone?
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    8 hours later... bump. Anyone?
    Not sure why that chest shows up like that, but yeah, you have the right location. He spawns on that ship..I've killed him a couple times there.

I will bet you diamonds to dragonshards that the AI glitch is getting him (check around the forums for recent scuttlebutt on this).
    He's probably committing suicide off the side of the boat, and since you didn't damage him, you don't get credit for the kill, but the chest unlocks.

He can still be found, but seems to be that he is rarer nowadays. In twenty runs only spawned once. He spawns on the ship right next to his chest. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Holybird; 09-03-2014 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo

This got mentioned in a Livestream a couple of weeks ago...the chest spawns every time (on heroic). I went to show my wife and the rare was up, so the chest did not spawn until after he was killed.

I imagine this will get fixed in U23, but I have not downloaded Lamannia.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.

Yep, sounds like that was it - got him on run 14, and got the chest every time. Never seemed to ransack either which surprised me, but I'm not turning down free loot