Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is how I do it, yellow path is where I go first, then from boudoir I go back to secret door and kill spider there, then I go to war room, kill boss there, then back to the north to kill 2 more bosses, I dont even use a skeleton key and I solo it on my Jugg.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The video is up, but of course it's like 40 minutes long.

Can see it in this thread, which is still a work in progress.

Here's a rough, quickie mockup of the path I take. The different colors are just to help differentiate the overlapping paths. The order is red, blue, green, yellow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

By my count on the doors opened:

1-crest door to start
    2-crest to enter library
    3-crest to leave bathhouse heading to observatory
    4-crest to enter boudoir (boss)
    4-crest to enter war room (boss)
    3-crest to leave bathhouse heading to assassin's crib
    4-crest to enter crib (boss)
    3-crest to enter grand entrance hall
    4-crest to go from grand entrance hall to the street/courtyard area (boss)
    4-crest to enter the hidden sanctum (boss)

This path has access to virtually the entire map with a minimum of crest usage.
    I always go to through the backdoor and to the Assassin first... There's a ton more crests on that way...

I think I'm about 95% have all the crests I need when soloing. Then I go up to the Boudoir via the Other Back Door, then over to the War room
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post

This is how I do it, yellow path is where I go first, then from boudoir I go back to secret door and kill spider there, then I go to war room, kill boss there, then back to the north to kill 2 more bosses, I dont even use a skeleton key and I solo it on my Jugg.
    Oh yeah I go back and kill the spider too because the shrine is right there.,... This map is very close to how I do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

If you can handle it there's a way around this issue while soloing/short-manning.

Hirelings.

They may not raise the difficulty a ton but they do add a few extra enemies. I prefer to pop my level 3 reusable gold-seal cleric, level 20 reusable panther, and a normal level 18 healer when I run these at 18 for stars. Leave the level 3 at the start, put the panther and healer on aggressive, and zerg the place while the healer/panther clean up whatever's trying to follow you. You still can get really unlucky on crests but at least you have a few extra kills to pad your chances.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

I only do the mansion for mats, and for me that means getting the low hanging fruit and getting out.

I always do the Assasin, The Succubus, The General in that order and then kill the spider. Then sell time if that's an option or kill stuff without opening any more doors until time runs out.

That gets me out with a bit more than half the mats of a full boss kill completion in 18-22 minutes and a low rate of not having the crests I need. I almost always solo with a hireling for the few extra spawns.

I'm not a fan of the mansion, so 20 minutes and out is much better for me than 40+ minutes.

The streaky RNG makes mansion a brutally unfun experience for me.
    Yeah, all of the Cannith challenges take RNG a little too far. It's a pity too because, when RNG isn't battering you, they're a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    On Rushmore, stars = mats.

Each boss is worth ~500 points, and each door is worth ~50 points (scaling adds/remove points). And most of the side-stars are something you will end doing if you go for all doors and bosses anyway. The only exception I remember from the top of my head is the bathroom kill in Moving Targets.
    This, definitely. A 5-star run can net 900+ mats (at level) for 48-ish minutes.

This is pretty close to what I do too. On the yellow path, from the Bath House I head up to the planar observatory and kick open the doors to the boudoir, then backtrack to the Backdoor and start with the Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    I only do the mansion for mats, and for me that means getting the low hanging fruit and getting out.

I always do the Assasin, The Succubus, The General in that order and then kill the spider. Then sell time if that's an option or kill stuff without opening any more doors until time runs out.

That gets me out with a bit more than half the mats of a full boss kill completion in 18-22 minutes and a low rate of not having the crests I need. I almost always solo with a hireling for the few extra spawns.

I'm not a fan of the mansion, so 20 minutes and out is much better for me than 40+ minutes.
    I'm gonna have to try this and see how well a partial complete and a 5 star compare with rewards. Nice.
    Last edited by Marupal; 11-04-2013 at 10:21 PM.

What level are you guys running at where you can complete all the stars?

I have been running lvl 4 with lvl 4 toons. I usally get two stars and if im lucky three.

Im just wondering if there is a ideal level to be running at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post

I have been running lvl 4 with lvl 4 toons. I usally get two stars and if im lucky three.

If there's an ideal level, I haven't noticed it yet.

Just make sure you have the best speed/striding item you can for your level (or expeditious retreat if it's better.)

After that, equip whatever it is you use to do the most damage quickly and go terrorize the place.

It's like the OP was getting at, it's not just about skill. RNG has a major influence on the outcome.

Was doing all bosses at char lvl 20, challenge lvl 25.

Was doing all bosses at char lvl 20, challenge lvl 25.
    Not recently, surely. Level 20s haven't been allowed into epic cannith challenges since (IIRC) shadowfell went live.

On Rushmore, stars = mats.

Each boss is worth ~500 points, and each door is worth ~50 points (scaling adds/remove points). And most of the side-stars are something you will end doing if you go for all doors and bosses anyway. The only exception I remember from the top of my head is the bathroom kill in Moving Targets.
    Agreed, but it's mostly just coincidence that the mansion star objectives are also how you earn points.

Getting the star for doing the puzzles won't increase your mats, for example.

They are better with some Ghostbane.

Getting the star for doing the puzzles won't increase your mats, for example.
    Indirectly, it does. More crests = less chances to get shunned at a door. That fits on the "ends up doing anyway" in my list.

I don't have the high-required Paint skills to get my track on image form, but in every rushmore challenge I always go the same way:

1) Start checking every corner and clearing my way until the Inner Courtyard. Open the east door, and go east breaking stuff. Come back to Courtyard and go south.

2) Keep going in a straigth path until the bath house. Go north and check up to the freezer. Go back south until you can go east and follow to the observatory.

3) Do the puzzles. Open East door (don't need to open the other, you'll return here, and you possibly have more crest by them). Go back to bath house.

4) Open the south passage to the backdoor. Kill Sam and Temptia. Go west to planar observatory. Open north door, kill Ugg, and go back to the bath house.

5) Go to the underground passage and kill the spider.

6) At the Banner Hall remember to collect the crests on the top of the pillars. You can easily find 4-6 crests laying around. Open east passage and follow it to break barrels and stuff. Go back to Banner Hall and follow north.

7) At the Entrance Hall, go east until you open the door that would lead to Ugg's room (and a lot of extra barrels). Then go back, open north, and kill Crystal and Rushmore.

Always get all doors, and except on Moving Targets, you get all bosses. If you are doing Moving Targets, you can save time not checking the boss rooms, and after opening all doors, you just use DDoor back to the entrance and make a bee line to whatever any boss is announced now. You usually have enough time to kill all six (Sam and the spider never move).
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Indirectly, it does. More crests = less chances to get shunned at a door. That fits on the "ends up doing anyway" in my list.

I don't have the high-required Paint skills to get my track on image form, but in every rushmore challenge I always go the same way:

http://app.prntscr.com/

Use this, its simple.

I agree, these can be frustrating. I just did a bunch of runs recently so I hear you. Some runs I've had the same problem of ending up with a ton of 1-2 types of crests and not enough of others. Looks like there are some good tips in this thread
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

I managed to five star it running lvl 6 monk at lvl - using ellisdee's challenge farmer. Check his sig for the link Luck was definitely involved as the right crests came up.

Armed with the knowledge gained from this thread -- special thanks to Deathdefy! -- I went back and re-ran behind the door with zero problems. I captured it, of course, and will replace the previous video with it since this new one is a far better tutorial run. Hopefully I'll have it up this weekend, but I now have 8 more videos to process and each one takes a little under 2 hours. And I can't play the game while processing.

My new technique is to have a hotbar of all the crests to refer to so I can always see at a glance what crests I'm short on. That way, when I'm in the puzzle room I can efficiently grab just the "problem" crests. Likewise with the mario jumping in the banner hall, as well as the final crests in the upper street level on the way to rushmore himself.

Not only did this make running mansion easier, but it greatly reduced the stress/frustration level because I knew exactly what the situation was at all times. No more dread in the pit of my stomach every time I approach a door, praying I have enough crests.

I also went ahead and captured an abbreviated picture portals run, where I just kill the succubus, general, and spider then DDoor back to sell the remaining time to the kobold. A nice and easy 15:00 run with a very high probably of completing for 500+ parts. This is my usual parts run, so it makes sense to include it in the tutorial.

Well ideal level depend of the challenge and your character

When you need to protect kobold, up to level 8 is easy, but after, spellcaster monster have AoE spell that hurt your kobolds even if you don't have aggro.
    If you are a spellcaster, being able to one-shot monster is a big advantage, AoE spell is also good to quickly clean an area

And from experience, challenge lvl 15+ become harder on a melee because of inflating hp of monster while melee don't gain large boost to dps

And for Rushmore Mansion, i find that Dr Rushmore and Crystal the giant are a pain to kill.
    At low level, you can succeed by killing them quickly, but at higher level, you will have trouble with the elementals (especially air) and the boss will have time to heal or hurt you a lot
    On the other hand, with my wizard, i cast Dismissal ,Finger of Death or Banishment (AoE effect !), you remove quickly the elementals then you dot/blast the boss

With tips from here i finally made it to the kobold and killed him before the elementals finished me off. This is at lvl 6 so im feeling pretty good.

Im using the Yellow and Blue map that is in the thread here.

One thing i did notice is i did panic and sort of made a run to the Kobold without dealing with the spawns. Even if the elementals didnt kill me I would have ran out of time.

A little more time in the challenge and i should be able to get it completed.

If anybody is on Cannith keep an eye out as i do LFMs for the challenge if anybody wants to run together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I always go to through the backdoor and to the Assassin first... There's a ton more crests on that way...

I think I'm about 95% have all the crests I need when soloing. Then I go up to the Boudoir via the Other Back Door, then over to the War room
    Absolutely. Assassin is always first.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast