Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default How important is ghostbane?

I got kicked out of a group today for Epic Shroud because I was asked to link my Ghsotbane and I only had Ghosbane XXXVIII and I was laughed away. The ghostbane inflation that has been going on for several months now has really made it hard for me to keep up and I wish that Ghsotbane was not the measuring stick but I guess that's the way things go when you make something so overpowerd like ghostbane in a game. I think the stackable ghostbane pastlife on a ghostbane class of ghostbane might helpp.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    I got kicked out of a group today for Epic Shroud because I was asked to link my Ghsotbane and I only had Ghosbane XXXVIII and I was laughed away. The ghostbane inflation that has been going on for several months now has really made it hard for me to keep up and I wish that Ghsotbane was not the measuring stick but I guess that's the way things go when you make something so overpowerd like ghostbane in a game. I think the stackable ghostbane pastlife on a ghostbane class of ghostbane might helpp.
    Not sure if serious?

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Not sure if serious?Stoner81.
    Read closely, my guess is he is not serious.

It is absolutely necessary as a demonstration of how uninvolved and ignorant whoever designed recent loot is with respect to its application and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Read closely, my guess is he is not serious.
    Ghostbane is no joking matter
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Ghostbane is no joking matter
    This man has it right, heathens.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Not sure if serious?

Stoner81.
    not sure if potato?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Sikra- View Post
    not sure if potato?
    He has his username as a sig. Even though we can clearly see his name when he posts elsewhere. Only a potato trying to pretend to be human would do that.

Or possibly a llama.

Though I admit, whether I meant a llama pretending to be a human or a potato pretending to be a llama is still up in the air.

Default Pretty Pathetic Trolling...

I'd like to give you a -1,000,000 but as I can't even give you a -1, it's here as a visual record.

At least pick a quest that ACTUALLY HAS a Undead creature in it... and a Epic version of it might helpful too.

You do realize in Roman Numerals that XXXVIII = 38 ... a tad high for Ghostbane items at the moment, but then again you may be a tad high yourself?

The last sentence should definitely be nominated in the "Dumbest Sentence Relating To DDO Ever" category and should be in the running when they say "and the envelope, please..."
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Hehe, nice one.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsickle View Post
    I'd like to give you a -1,000,000 but as I can't even give you a -1, it's here as a visual record.

At least pick a quest that ACTUALLY HAS a Undead creature in it... and a Epic version of it might helpful too.

You do realize in Roman Numerals that XXXVIII = 38 ... a tad high for Ghostbane items at the moment, but then again you may be a tad high yourself?

The last sentence should definitely be nominated in the "Dumbest Sentence Relating To DDO Ever" category and should be in the running when they say "and the envelope, please..."
    My god. This reply just proved the refuge in audacity is real. I was so over the top obvious in absurdity, that this person actually took me seriously.

Also, you say it was pathetic trolling. Naw, I caught one, hook line and sinker. Need some pliers?

Tell me - do you strive to be mocked, or is opening the door right into your face just something that occurs naturally?

I think the problem with most EE Shrouds is that not enough people at that level have access to Ghostbane weapons. So, I think someone needs to make a suggestion to the Devs that we need moar Ghostbane.

Ghostbane fixes everything - new player retention, rage quitting, bad swims in Crucible, DR issues, marital problems, personal hygiene issues...everything.

My god. This reply just proved the refuge in audacity is real. I was so over the top obvious in absurdity, that this person actually took me seriously.

Also, you say it was pathetic trolling. Naw, I caught one, hook line and sinker. Need some pliers?

If you made a remotely humorous thread trolling about Ghostbane using a somewhat feasible scenario... it would have expressed the how useless Ghostbane actually is!!!

But your pathetic version of it... doesn't do anything but scream "I'm an idiot!!!" but take me seriously about Ghostbane???

If you just posted....

I just leveled a character to 20 and only used Ghostbane in Necropolis & Delera's... why do we need Ghostbane on EVERYTHING again?

it would have better trolling.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Ghostbane is super effective!

If you made a remotely humorous thread trolling about Ghostbane using a somewhat feasible scenario... it would have expressed the how useless Ghostbane actually is!!!

But your pathetic version of it... doesn't do anything but scream "I'm an idiot!!!" but take me seriously about Ghostbane???

If you just posted....

I just leveled a character to 20 and only used Ghostbane in Necropolis & Delera's... why do we need Ghostbane on EVERYTHING again?

it would have better trolling.
    or even a post about how you don't carry a single Ghostbane weapon at any level because, its not really necessary...

posting ridiculous Ghostbane hate threads in every topic is a little silly we already know all about it

Community Member

If you just posted....

it would have better trolling
    Either you don't know what trolling means, you were born without a sense of humor, or both.

I think you can figure out what I'm saying, if you buckle down, invest some points in the ghostbane skill, and maybe read a tome of ghostbane +5 (both the ability score and skill). Maybe multiclass into ghostbane.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Tell me - do you strive to be mocked, or is opening the door right into your face just something that occurs naturally?

Would you take something so stupidly written serious if you were involved in creating the the gear and have it really alter your feelings on all that is Ghostbane?

If a quest where you had to kill only 1 maybe 2 undead trash creatures and you had to link your Ghostbane weapon(s) if would have been funny and brought to light the ridiculous amount Ghostbane gear and is it really necessary to need to carry it around to kill the occasional undead outside of Necro & Delera's???

Hey I'm all for sarcasm... but the original post is just plain stupid.

Community Member

Would you take something so stupidly written serious if you were involved in creating the the gear and have it really alter your feelings on all that is Ghostbane?

If a quest where you had to kill only 1 maybe 2 undead trash creatures and you had to link your Ghostbane weapon(s) if would have been funny and brought to light the ridiculous amount Ghostbane gear and is it really necessary to need to carry it around to kill the occasional undead outside of Necro & Delera's???

Hey I'm all for sarcasm... but the original post is just plain stupid.
    No way! I was trying to post a serious thoughtful discussion. And you're saying it was just stupid? I can't believe that!!

....I'm a professional sarcastiball player.

Either you don't know what trolling means, you were born without a sense of humor, or both.

I think you can figure out what I'm saying, if you buckle down, invest some points in the ghostbane skill, and maybe read a tome of ghostbane +5 (both the ability score and skill). Maybe multiclass into ghostbane.

I do see it now... you're not funny.

Ghostbane is the new Smurf... get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast