Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Default Solution for mouse click carpal tunnel turn ins

Something I learned that Windows 7 has (you'll have to check your own versions because it may or may not exist in other versions.) Mouse Keys.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-mouse-pointer

control panel -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the mouse easier to use.

This will allow you to use the number pad (num lock must be on) buttons of 5 and + as a mouse click.

You will need to select the "Turn On mouse Keys" box. Now I'd select the "Set up Mouse Keys" feature.

From there it should be self explanatory.

Also on this same page is "make it easier to manage windows"

There is an option for "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse"
    Meaning that whatever your mouse is over, that window has focus and won't lose the focus. This could be handy for some people.

Community Member

I actually use a third-party program. It has more functions (set time between clicks and set maximum clicks) so I don't even need to press a button on the keyboard. When crunching out lesser essences for crafting, I can set the number to crunch and just walk away from my keyboard to do chores while it does its thing.
    Last edited by Thalone; 11-02-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling is hard
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    I actually use a third-party program. It has more functions (set time between clicks and set maximum clicks) so I don't even need to press a button on the keyboard. When crunching out lesser essences for crafting, I can set the number to crunch and just walk away from my keyboard to do chores while it does its thing.
    How many freaking add on **** do they have to add to downloads now? yuck.

Be bloody careful when you install this one else you'll get a lot more than you bargained for.

Community Member

If you're going to install something, why not AutoHotKey? Free, open source; one program that covers all your auto clicking/typing needs, and more.

not to mention that 3rd party auto clicker programs are a violation of TOS http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...ense-agreement

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    not to mention that 3rd party auto clicker programs are a violation of TOS http://www.turbine.com/en/content/du...ense-agreement
    Honestly who gives a eff if its a decision between carpal tunnel syndrome and TOS? :P
    Also those 3rd party programs keep getting mentioned every time FAILbar (meeeehbar, mooohbar or whatever you call that #!?#) pops up and i never seen a response from a dev.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Honestly who gives a eff if its a decision between carpal tunnel syndrome and TOS? :P
    Also those 3rd party programs keep getting mentioned every time FAILbar (meeeehbar, mooohbar or whatever you call that #!?#) pops up and i never seen a response from a dev.
    It was quite awhile ago but I seem to recall a dev saying that generally as long as there is a person actually sitting at the keyboard using auto keys is ok. Basically if a GM send a tell asking if you are there and you respond you are good. If you go off to do chores or something and don't respond you get banned.

EDIT and I found it:

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Here's an official stance:

As long as -you-, a living, breathing person, are at the keyboard, it's alright.

No bannings for automation/macro use will happen without a Game Master first trying to communicate with the player in question. That's a fairly rigorous process that includes opening a window on your screen saying to check your tells because a GM has been trying to contact you, and they also wait at least a minute for a response.
    Last edited by Krelar; 11-02-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It was quite awhile ago but I seem to recall a dev saying that generally as long as there is a person actually sitting at the keyboard using auto keys is ok. Basically if a GM send a tell asking if you are there and you respond you are good. If you go off to do chores or something and don't respond you get banned.

EDIT and I found it:
    Is there something in the TOS that requires one to respond to a GM if they randomly call upon you?

Genuinely curious?

Devs, why are you nerfing chores!!!11 :P

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    Is there something in the TOS that requires one to respond to a GM if they randomly call upon you?

Genuinely curious?
    Only if you want to avoid getting mistaken for a bot.

I don't know if there is anything requiring you to respond but I don't think you get to complain if you ignore a tell from a GM asking "Are you a person or a bot?" and then get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    lucky for me the TOS stops early when the background goes black so i dont have to care about that half

Community Member

The suggestion of windows keys is outstanding. I kind of like my Nostromo gamepad that I use as well...I've got one of the keys on it programmed to go click crazy wherever my mouse pointer is as well until I hit the key again. That way I can eat, read a book, whatever if I'm waiting for a lot of clicks to happen. Also very useful to macro stuff in games like Morrowind where you have skills that just require clicking 2.1 billion times to level up.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

EDIT and I found it:
    Yep and the official Dev stance on using the landscape to your advantage is that its allowable but, I've heard some people got a 14 day ban for jumping on things. (not finding the post)

just saying use discretion

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    Yeah really, If they can't be bothered to program something a first year C+ student could make (multiple turn-in dialogue), then their ToS don't deserve to be respected. If they ban you for making their game more playable, screw 'em.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Yep and the official Dev stance on using the landscape to your advantage is that its allowable but, I've heard some people got a 14 day ban for jumping on things. (not finding the post)

just saying use discretion
    Good lord! Is this Dungeons and Dragons, or not?

Terrain and strategy are integral parts of the pen and paper game! Just because their enemy AI has the wits of a moth approaching flame, and hasn't been upgraded in a decade, is no reason to gimp those of us with a brain.