It seems to me that there is a stark inconsistency in how heroic and epic hearts are going to be earned in the current plan:
* To earn an epic heart, you collect commendations as you play epic quests, on the journey toward the point where you can use the heart - the level cap.
* To earn a heroic heart, you must first reach the level needed to use it (20), and then repeatedly run specific epic quests.
I suspect people might scream bloody murder now, if epic hearts were changed such that they could only be earned after a character had already reached the level cap, and it has been mentioned that the devs are aiming for a character to have earned approximately enough commendations to ER by the time they hit cap (if playing Epic Hard and taking mostly comms as rewards). So why not extend this thinking to heroic reincarnation, too?
So my suggestions:
* Heroic characters can earn some kind of currency in heroic quests, just as they will do in epics - higher levels and higher difficulties offer larger rewards. I'd suggest "Commendation of Heroism" (because it's for heroic levels), but that's already been taken. (Personally, I'd just rename the existing ones to "Commendations of Epicness", but that's just me. )
* This currency can be traded for a heroic heart, which can be used once a character reaches level 20
* This currency can be traded also for LR hearts, including LR+n ones. (IMO LR hearts are currently way overpriced for a game in which it is so easy for a player to unknowingly "gimp" their character)
* The epic currency can be converted to the heroic one (at some rate of exchange), so epic characters can still earn and use a heroic heart while running epic content.
* The heroic currency can be converted to the epic one (at some rate of exchange), so epic characters with no desire to heroic TR can convert their heroic currency to something useful to them.
* No existing system is removed until the new replacement system is shown to be working at least as well...