Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 2x4 View Post
    What? why am I being thrown into this??
    Ghostbaned!

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    I pug every time. I am the only member of my Guild.

I pug with the same people a lot and I am famous on my server.

I roleplay my character to a T. People know me.

I was in a guild for Two years before I made my own and we did some Guild only quests. I was the 3rd to join that Guild.

Who am I?
    So you know the alts that Vargoille play? At least I am assuming that is what you are alluding to.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ghostbane, what's that? Never seen it.
    Oh, no! That means you haven't played since update 19!!! Get back in the game - you're missing out

Honestly, I'm just happy you guys play. It would be super cool to run with a dev - and maybe many of have, and we just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In my opinion, based on my experiences in game, it seems most folks that claim EE solo ability are exagerating their skill set. However, I do give them the benefit of the doubt, because soloing seems easier than puggin' due to scaling. Some (not all) EE solo bragarts don't seem to do to well in pugland with the scaling at times. It sometimes leads to some intense and funny rage quits on their part. Of course there are players that can and do have the skills to EE solo. Youtube has lots of cool videos of solo players doing amazing things.

I also want to point out that I feel misunderstood at times in the game. When I say no worries I will solo it later, that means lets move on to something else, because the scaling is killing us (the group, not necessarliy myself per se, but sometimes me as well). I can always flag for it later on. I'd rather have the group move on and have fun together, than get get rutted in a particiluar quest due to party make-up and scaling. The group that sailed thru EE T0R may face plant in EE Outbreak for example.

Essentially its all relative. There isin't a right or wrong answer. There are many shades of gray on a given day, or in a particular group.

Besides I'm pure arty and don't have evasion. I laugh my butt off when folks say I need it or its essential, and/or won't let me into PUG because I don't have it. Everyone's play style is different. I may not need it, but other people might need it based on their play style. Someone else may see evasion as essential and I may see it as gimp. That's because we are both great players in our own ways. The play style that works for you, may not work for me, and vica versa.

There will always be critics...

Lastly, everyone I do enjoy watching your pug/raid/solo adventures on YouTube. I like seeing or learning new ways to do the same thing. Keep the uberness on Youtube coming!
    Wait, what? People have actually turned you down in pugs b/c you are pure artie?

That's nuts. My fav class is artie - pure, human, self healing through a variety of tricks. I've solo'd EE TOR without dragons, but getting past that first part took me like 7 tries (and I only did it by re-entering after dying ), but soloing EE the druid's chain is relatively easy on an artie by comparison, so I totally understand what you mean by differing quests requiring differing skillsets/classes.

Anyways, who wants to solo? Pug! And you might be running with a dev.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

I like Pure Builds as well. I only went Rogue 2/18 Fighter my first life. If anyone would like to splash Rogue I have some tips:

Take it at level 1, then the rest of the 6 levels go with your other build classes. If you chose an odd number for INT then use a Plus one INT tome at level 3 and continue with your main build. Next at level 7 be sure and use a +2 INT tome and continue with your main Build. Take Rogue Level 2 at level 8. Catch up on the skills you neglected like Umd, Intimidate, Balance, and Spot. Jump is over rated.

You get more skill points this way in your final build level 20.

2 Rogue, 2 Monk, 16 fighter would be neat.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-11-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: fixing grammar errors

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Cool It's the 'stache

To repeat what has already been said (numerous times, including once already in this thread): The DDO team is made up of a wide diversity of players, covering just about the entire spectrum of the player base. We have some that I believe would self-identify and in general be considered hardcore, others who are more casual. Some who are into the role play part of the game, some who have played permadeath, many who have spent time and effort acquiring gear and such. They bring both their professional and personal opinions to the decision-making process (in meetings, etc.) It's a good thing! Finally, I'm not at all embarrassed about how I play, not sure where you'd get that idea.
    ONLY someone terribly embarrassed would hide behind that 'stache your avatar is sporting...it's a dead giveaway of your state of embarrassment
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Talking Pugs, we were all....

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most of my leveling up multiple characters into epic levels has been pickup groups.
    All the people we play with (if you don't ever play with anyone else...well...um....why are you playing a MASS MULTI-online game?) were pugs before we met them
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Agreed. All too often these kind of "how do you play" questions are thinly-veiled attempts to get employees to provide fodder to fuel someone's personal agenda or opinion, which is why it's very difficult to talk publicly about how you play. Even if someone claimed to be able to solo Epic Elite content and/or raids, the next response might be "prove it, don't believe you." That said, I'd actually like to stream some Turbine folks playing DDO! It's been on my agenda for a while, but time has not permitted it to get off the ground. When I recently did a stream with Massively, it received mixed results, and gave some folks an opportunity to engage in personal attacks (which we will not tolerate, by the way.) Overall, though, I felt it was as much a positive as a negative.
    I just wanted to say that even though you did get a couple of things wrong *cough* Barbarian is a good solo class *cough*, most of which I feel are forgivable based on opinion and perspective, by and large I thought your gaming session with Massively was a great demonstration of DDO. I watched the whole thing and feel that it was very instructive for folks whom have never played the game before and hope that it brought out some new players to try the game again. Advertising the game in such a way works. I originally played the game at its release and was not very impressed with a lot of things, so I cancelled my sub after one month. However, when DDO went FTP, I learned about it through such advertising (I forget exactly what it was, but seeing some examples of gameplay like the Massively demo was what convinced me to give it a second shot), and now I have been a subscriber again for nearly three years.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default :.../

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    Wait, what? People have actually turned you down in pugs b/c you are pure artie?

That's nuts. My fav class is artie - pure, human, self healing through a variety of tricks. I've solo'd EE TOR without dragons, but getting past that first part took me like 7 tries (and I only did it by re-entering after dying ), but soloing EE the druid's chain is relatively easy on an artie by comparison, so I totally understand what you mean by differing quests requiring differing skillsets/classes.

Anyways, who wants to solo? Pug! And you might be running with a dev.
    OMG yes!!! : ) ) I've been tunred away for being pure arty lots of times. Mostly epic stuff, but heroic stuff too sometimes.

Here is a funny anecdote. One time the leader of a group said he couldn't figure out my build? Another person in that party said, "that's, because he is a pure arty and not splashed..." The leader then asked me if I had evasion and I said no. I got dismissed. Of course I could get the traps, even though the boxes were on the other side. O'well saved me the trouble and got into another pug and had a blast.

Puggin' is fun! I meet allot of cool people from all over the world.

Yes pugging is more fun imo.

Start your own guild too. I have more fun having a bit of solitude in my own space rather than having people talk about their day and before you know it, my beer is gone and all I have done is chat in Guild chat and not played the game. I made my Own Guild, because I hate Guilds.

Forgot to say I am the only member of my Guild and the rest are just mules.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-14-2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: I am the only member of my Guild. The rest are mules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    ONLY someone terribly embarrassed would hide behind that 'stache your avatar is sporting...it's a dead giveaway of your state of embarrassment
    No!
    http://www.google.com/imgres?start=3...5&tx=159&ty=84

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=8...2&tx=134&ty=73
    Last edited by zDragonz; 11-14-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234