Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They do play the game..........and when they do, they do so with *extreme* prejudice!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yup, devs (and community folks, and marketing folks, etc.) do indeed play this game on regular characters. In fact, we have no special abilities or anything on the live worlds when we play. Our admin characters are used sometimes for events (like Lamannia events) and we do have special powers there, but when it comes to playing on the live servers, it's strictly with normal characters. In terms of how much, it depends. Some play a lot, a few might be considered hardcore players, others are more casual. Some prefer role playing, or weekly static groups. A lot of DDO team members play together when they log on, although you're also likely to have played with them at some point or another, if you've played long enough. And sure, there's probably a few who put in a ton of hours working on the game, and prefer other entertainments on their time off. But even so, you have to be knowledgeable about the game in order to work on it.
    Were any of them suspended a few weeks ago? (Okay I know you can't talk about that kind of thing lol)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Yup, devs (and community folks, and marketing folks, etc.) do indeed play this game on regular characters. In fact, we have no special abilities or anything on the live worlds when we play. Our admin characters are used sometimes for events (like Lamannia events) and we do have special powers there, but when it comes to playing on the live servers, it's strictly with normal characters. In terms of how much, it depends. Some play a lot, a few might be considered hardcore players, others are more casual. Some prefer role playing, or weekly static groups. A lot of DDO team members play together when they log on, although you're also likely to have played with them at some point or another, if you've played long enough. And sure, there's probably a few who put in a ton of hours working on the game, and prefer other entertainments on their time off. But even so, you have to be knowledgeable about the game in order to work on it.
    I'm deeply suprised by this.
    With all the concerns on loot, end game, EE monckers only groups, empty servers/bugs etc, i always assumed that you guys had no clue what was going on and that the lack of adressing these issues always stemmed from a disconect between dev's and the playerbase/situation on live servers.

Now that we're on the topic, can we have something done about the loot? Maybe a (voip) chat with the dev's and a couple of "mature" EE players? We have some serious concerns about the lack of quality gear in the last few packs. The goal woudn't be to roast them but help them fix the old loot and help develop better gear in the future.

We see an increase in EE parties that only take monckers, refusing melee's because their dps isn't up to parr and require a heal bot, a spot better filled with another moncker.
    The problem isn't only the gear though,
    Over the years the saves and hp of mobs in epic elite have grown out of proportion, we're not only lacking the tools to combat them, we're slowly loosing our patience, taking mobs down on a non cooky cutter toon takes too long. I understand that Elite needs to stand for something but there's more then pew pewing stuff out there. Melee's are severly lacking the tools to deal with incomming damage and the mob's inflated hp.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    With all the concerns on loot, end game, EE monckers only groups, empty servers/bugs etc, i always assumed that you guys had no clue what was going on and that the lack of adressing these issues always stemmed from a disconect between dev's and the playerbase/situation on live servers.
    I'm still not convinced management has a clue. Keep in mind that just because a developer understands the situations doesn't mean they have authority to do anything about it.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Yup, devs do indeed play this game on regular characters. In fact, we have no special abilities or anything on the live worlds when we play. Our admin characters are used sometimes for events (like Lamannia events) and we do have special powers there, but when it comes to playing on the live servers, it's strictly with normal characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    I'm still not convinced management has a clue. Keep in mind that just because a developer understands the situations doesn't mean they have authority to do anything about it.
    these two comments would explain the exploits of late....

Stil,

Cordovan, can we set up a Voip (voice over ip) conversation with a team of you guys(and girls too!), not just devs but also the people who make the decisions?

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Except he is entirely correct. We need management to play because they are the ones who have the final say in the decision making process.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...17&tx=88&ty=79

I recommend they start with the genre that this game is supposed to represent.

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=2...7&tx=154&ty=89
    http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...&tx=136&ty=103

http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...&tx=120&ty=145

It is a good read and fun.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    these two comments would explain the exploits of late....
    http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...2&tx=121&ty=80

http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...1&tx=194&ty=92

http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&bi...&tx=219&ty=101

But even so, you have to be knowledgeable about the game in order to work on it.
    I agree, when will you folks start following this corollary?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Once the Developers of this game go home to their computers do they play as private citizens who would privately play as characters in this game? Or are they bound to some rule that says they cannot?

I think some may play this game in their private, off the clock, done working for the day, time to relax homes.

Someone on the Team that is a hardcore DnD player may do this.

Some may prefer other games out there and do not play this game.

My focus here: Do some Dev's play DDO when they are at home/away from their jobs?
    My assumption is that some of them probably do at times, but the reality is that you often want to leave work at work, and not bring it home.

It stops being fun when it is your job. Kinda like people who work in a chocolate factory after a while don’t like eating chocolate.

And people who work at a brewery, after a while…

….sorry, scratch that. What in the hell was I thinking?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say that! not surprised who it ended up being...
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Lol I don't know maybe how they understand and see the game is different to how a lot of players do? They should send in someone under cover lol!!! or like how anthropologists do field studies as someone from the *inside* taking part and being part of that society/community/culture to do *research* lol, rather than as an observer looking in?

Yeah I know im making a joke but does the idea have any merit?

Thumbs up

yes!
    Nice!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    They do play the game..........and when they do, they do so with *extreme* prejudice!!! :P
    While they do play the game, I would be very surprised if they played the game in even remotely the same way we play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    While they do play the game, I would be very surprised if they played the game in even remotely the same way we play the game.

Diehard and SF:Tumble are legit feats on a rogue. Don't tell them how to play!

p.s. don't forget your level-ups in swim.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Define Hardcore for your most Hardcore employee.

Do they solo EE's?
    Solo or Duo old Raids where possible?
    Completionist?
    How do they feel about Epic Reincarnation?
    Do they like being out of Destiny to level their character and their other destinies?
    Do they like the new loot? Ghostbane?

I'm serious, find out these answers to these questions and report back to us, I am very curious. I don't care if it's anonymous, I just want the honest answers.

Most of my leveling up multiple characters into epic levels has been pickup groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most of my leveling up multiple characters into epic levels has been pickup groups.
    EE? EH? Are your destinies capped? Will you Epic TR them?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Define Hardcore for your most Hardcore employee.

Do they solo EE's?
    Solo or Duo old Raids where possible?
    Completionist?
    How do they feel about Epic Reincarnation?
    Do they like being out of Destiny to level their character and their other destinies?
    Do they like the new loot? Ghostbane?

I'm serious, find out these answers to these questions and report back to us, I am very curious. I don't care if it's anonymous, I just want the honest answers.
    Why? Frankly, it isn't relevant first off.. A dev can understand the game as well as players by without spending all his free time on it. Further, this is just another angle for people to attack the devs. This isn't a friendly back and forth of "oh wow, that's cool, what do you play?" but instead is a witch hunt for some other way to raise a fuss and complain.. and it's pretty silly. You're just digging for more angles of attack, chill out.

Default Good Point.

He is a developer not a play tester. How would you like to work a full time job only to have to go home and spend ALL of your free time playing the game. It is an unrealistic demand plain and simple. This is why they have play testers who do play the game to the degree you are saying. I am not attacking anyone here but a lot of the "hardcore" players lack many responsibility's in real life. Whether it be they are disabled, unemployed, a dependent, working at home, retired, or whatever circumstances allow them the free time to play to the degree you are inferring. I am not judging, there is nothing wrong with that lifestyle however it is wrong to judge people who are not so fortunate to have so much free time.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast