Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What has happened to the GM support?

I've run into two issues in the past 10 days, with either a bugged quest where the end event did not complete or a bugged NPC turn-in that did not response. Over an hour of wasted game play multiplied by 4 VIP players.

Both times the GM responded promptly but with a reply that can be paraphrased as "sorry cannot help go figure it out yourself and by the why can you report the bug".

Why am I paying a VIP subscription for such excellent service?

I've played MMO for over 10 years and quite honestly the GM support in this game has now deteriorated to a point of being worthless.

I'm interested to know whether I have just been unlucky or is this issue widespread?

Community Member

Simple answer.... wide spread

Default Welcome to the club?

Quote Originally Posted by wozzlev2 View Post
    I've run into two issues in the past 10 days, with either a bugged quest where the end event did not complete or a bugged NPC turn-in that did not response. Over an hour of wasted game play multiplied by 4 VIP players.

Both times the GM responded promptly but with a reply that can be paraphrased as "sorry cannot help go figure it out yourself and by the why can you report the bug".

I've played MMO for over 10 years and quite honestly the GM support in this game has now deteriorated to a point of being worthless.

I'm interested to know whether I have just been unlucky or is this issue widespread?
    This is an issue that bugs me far more then any new update. Turbine treats it's players very poorly. I understand we are not the most understanding bunch but still the blanket "Go F-yourself and please fill out a bug report" thing is just sad. I am willing to bet these bug reports do not even get read 90% of the time.

Community Member

Been a lot of threads about this. The general consensus is: the situation depends on which GM you end up getting.

Some will do a lot more than others, some are less curt than others - and some will close a ticket with barely a response.

My own experiences have fortunately been pretty good except on a single occasion.

They all obviously work to a pretty restrictive list of what can and cant be done in certain issues. I think some GM's follow that list slavishly, others will be more reasonable and take actions that are probably beyond what they're meant to.

Asking for stories from the player base is probably not going to give much of an accurate picture. The whiny, entitled ones tend to be the most vocal and are unreasonable in extreme with their expectations.

By the same token, asking a bunch of GM's would just get you: "Hey, we bend over backwards to fix everything!"

Just go with your own impressions until there's evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by Huthor; 11-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Add Shifters as a PC race - please.

GM's are horrible. Only the senior/supervisor GM's understand anything about the game and their job.

The rest of them seem to be 50 year old grannies who can barely even operate a calculator, let alone a computer, and literally don't even understand basic terminology like "toon" or "Tomes". I'm serious, I had a GM that was confused about what item I'm talking about when I told him I had a Learning Tome missing from my unpacked Underdark ticket. He gave me a +5 STR tome instead, then asked me to give it back aftert I explained to him it's the wrong item. He eventually transfered me to a higher-up who got the issue fixed within 5 minutes.

They actually had a GM during the Underdark pre-orders, who did not know about the existance of Learning Tomes.

Hey, Turbine, there's a lot of folk that could use a job here in the States. Could you fire your GM's and hire actual people from DDO's community who actually deserve the role and are able to do it? Who are we kidding, they're probably interns working for free anyways.
    Last edited by TekkenDevil; 11-01-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    GM's are horrible. Only the senior/supervisor GM's understand anything about the game and their job.

The rest of them seem to be 50 year old grannies who can barely even operate a calculator, let alone a computer, and literally don't even understand basic terminology like "toon" or "Tomes". I'm serious, I had a GM that was confused about what item I'm talking about when I told him I had a Learning Tome missing from my unpacked Underdark ticket. He gave me a +5 STR tome instead, then asked me to give it back aftert I explained to him it's the wrong item. He eventually transfered me to a higher-up who got the issue fixed within 5 minutes.

They actually had a GM during the Underdark pre-orders, who did not know about the existance of Learning Tomes.

Hey, Turbine, there's a lot of folk that could use a job here in the States. Could you fire your GM's and hire actual people from DDO's community who actually deserve the role and are able to do it? Who are we kidding, they're probably interns working for free anyways.
    Wow.

You should have screengrabbed the hell out of that conversation and posted it everywhere.
    If your "Known Issues" list needs a freaking scroll bar, then one of you needs to go.

Community Member

I think it has gone backwards a lot

Like a year or 2 ago, when I posted a ticketabout a bugged quest/bugged toon or whatever, I always got GM respons. The only bad solution gave me and a mate such a big laugh that we didn't even mind (back when 'in the belly of the beast' was bugged and all slaves had to die, on EE, a GM spawned literally 10 bears to kill the slave while we were duoing, wiping the slave AND us out in a few seconds)

Either way, recently I've been encountering a couple of bugs. One involving one of my toons being bugged out on enhancements (a class tree became stuck in his racial tree). And some other quest involving bugs. Every single ticket I've posted since shadowfell (like 5 or 6, it was necessary) got closed with the words 'I can't help you, go fill in a bug report, figure this thing out yourself blablabla'. And after my last ticket included 'Isnt a bit of customer support after being unable to play a toon for 2 months in it's place?' the reply I got wasn't 'sorry', or at least a response of some GM trying, no, the response was 'If you have a complaint, go to 'thislink'.
    So really, don't they care anymore? If I fill in a complaint will it magically disappear?

I just want GM's to be helpful like they were a year ago, it's their job

Kev
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Default same

I have had the same response recently when it is something i know could have easily been fixed by the gm, I just got out of an EE small problem, the group got to the end fight at the caravan, the chest showed up but no end fight, meaning no completion, no exp, and the chest wont unlock till it is complete. So i submit a ticket detailing the issue and here is the response i got back "The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled. - +Jalwis+" that was basically a giant **** you from the gm, i know this can be handled by the gm as i have had them spawn fights of a similar nature in other quests, even once in the same chain. What a waste of time, why put in a feature that allows us to ask for help in game then hire jackasses who couldnt care less about the people they are supposed to help. Its like going to burger king ordering a burger then being handed a box of fries and when you say "hey i ordered a burger not these fries" they say "go tell the beggar on the corner maybe he can get you the burger you ordered" The whole thing just ****es me off. And these ******** wonder why the player base despises them and always laugh when someone suggests putting in a ticket.

Until last week I was now very satisfied with ingame customer support for quite a long time. But now twice within a week my tickets got just closed without any notice - ***??? I am so ****ed right now! I mean when a mob doesn't spawn in a quest, it was NEVER a problem to get a GM spawning them. But this time? Hu? Have to restart a whole epic quest bc the game bugs and GMs are too lazy to spawn a mob???? ***??? "Go file a bug report" ... for sure I won't - I want to file a complaint about that specific GM, the bug reports aren't read anyways - during the last 5 months I filed over 50, maybe even close to 100 bug reports (didn't keep track of the count^^), and NONE ... I repeat: NONE have been fixed so far. So seriously? Whats the point???? Argh so angry >:[ ...

So: Where can I report a GM for being totally incompetent and ignorant?^^
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Quote Originally Posted by balvix View Post
    I have had the same response recently when it is something i know could have easily been fixed by the gm, I just got out of an EE small problem, the group got to the end fight at the caravan, the chest showed up but no end fight, meaning no completion, no exp, and the chest wont unlock till it is complete. So i submit a ticket detailing the issue and here is the response i got back "The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled. - +Jalwis+" that was basically a giant **** you from the gm, i know this can be handled by the gm as i have had them spawn fights of a similar nature in other quests, even once in the same chain. What a waste of time, why put in a feature that allows us to ask for help in game then hire jackasses who couldnt care less about the people they are supposed to help. Its like going to burger king ordering a burger then being handed a box of fries and when you say "hey i ordered a burger not these fries" they say "go tell the beggar on the corner maybe he can get you the burger you ordered" The whole thing just ****es me off. And these ******** wonder why the player base despises them and always laugh when someone suggests putting in a ticket.
    just two weeks ago I had the exact same problem - filed ticket - 2 mins later GM showed up - explained the problem - he/she just auto-completed the quest - well at least I got the xp and favor^^ ... but this week??? Srsly, its like they fired all competent GMs and replaced them by morons -.-
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Look the only thing GM thy are good for is auto closing your tickets and banning people.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Founder

- They need a system of assigning tickets so that new / clueless GMs don't get issues that they don't know how to deal with.

OR

- New / Clueless GMs should be trained to escalate tickets where a player is waiting inside a quest. I don't think I've ever heard of a GM escalating a ticket (on his own).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post

Am I misreading something, or did a GM give you an item that didn't even exist yet and you told him you wanted your learning tome instead?

Prior to update 14 or so response was killer ask for help get help, now ask for help get the ,"GO FK YOURSELF WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO." response. (Not their actual wording but point made.) Sad that "tech" support is down completely down the crapper and this game is on life support.

I've had good and bad experiences with GM's. Some respond promptly, settle the issue quickly, and are polite and professional. One made me wait 3 1/2 hours before responding. It's just like the solid world, where there are good and bad service people in all aspects of business. *shrug*
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I gave up on any in game support years ago. I don't waste my time, I just re-run the quest. Whatever was lost, can easily(but grindingly in some cases) be earned back.

I find that I hate reading "So Sorry, cannot help you" a lot more than re-running a quest. Instead of wasting my time for the inevitable "So Sorry" I re-run it and get more junk. At least I feel some sense of accomplishment instead of some sense of frustration.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Have had very mixed experiences with GM support over the years.

Most recent was positive though - at the end of EE Detour nobody could get into the basement for the end fight. Everyone was getting the same "Failed teleport" message. Put in a ticket, had to wait a while, but GM turned up, I explained the situation and they were able to complete the quest - no end chest, but everyone got the XP and the saga completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Huthor View Post
    Been a lot of threads about this. The general consensus is: the situation depends on which GM you end up getting.
    This.
    Today I sent a tiket for an invisible purple worm in In the belly of the beast, a GM helped us quickly and in the best way you could imagine..
    When in The pit with invisible lighting traps, the GM told us (after 25 mins running through them with his/her toon) that there was no bug..
    And a lot of example light the 2 above..
    So, it's just a matter of luck :/

It would be nice to have an "evaluate in-game support" section near the "report a bug" one. I know sometimes you get a form in your mail, but in my experience it only happened once or twice. Maybe Turbine could implement this, asking the ticket number to be able to investigate if necessary...

I know it might seem a useless expense, hiring or moving someone to look at those evaluations, but it could really be the opposite. Let's assume for a second that a GM in DDO is rude to customers. This could generate unhappiness in the playerbase. That could lead some people to leaving/playing less/stop spending, meaning less future profit for Turbine. Giving us a way to let you know about this hypotetical rude GM could prevent this and give Turbine more profit in the long run.
    Last edited by Zibowskij; 11-03-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Community Member

Don't worry, pretty soon there will be a button that says 'get +Rothgar+ as your GM for 15 AS' and another to reroll the GM's decision on any matter, for a fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast