Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordDunmore View Post
    I hope to be back home in time for the group on 7/3. If I am not, please start without and I will join if there is room.

Nimiblethief
    Same here. We just got a call from some old friends that we haven't seen in 10+ years that are vacationing near here, so we are meeting them tomorrow night for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Same here. We just got a call from some old friends that we haven't seen in 10+ years that are vacationing near here, so we are meeting them tomorrow night for dinner.
    You certain this is a good play time for you? You've missed what, 6 of the last 8 weeks? Lol.

NAME RACE CLASS LEVEL ...............
    Lyrra HU PAL 15
    Morgann HU Drd/Mnk 13/2
    Grimple HU Sor 15
    Sharteel ELF? Bard/Rog/Ftr 6/5/4
    Thornhill HALF RANGER 15
    Szavage WF ART 15

We returned to the Sands of Menechtarun to seek three magical items sought by the Djinn Zawabi in his quest to defeat the demon queen Lailat.

Although Szavage had not yet joined us, we decided to try our luck with the first item: a phylactery containing the soul of the lich-king Raiyum. As we approached the tomb of the long dead wizard king, we found that the tomb's seals had already been breached by a band of Windgnasher gnolls which had taken up residence inside the entry. We caught them unawares and routed them with relative ease.

We ascended into the grand gallery of the tomb and found there were not one, but three equally grand chambers that might be the final resting place of Raiyum. The first two chambers were his mummified servants, Hami and Hafez, who continued to serve as loyal retainers even in death.

By the time we got to the third chamber, we were a bit worn and weathered from combating various undead non-stop. But we rallied and smashed open the final sarcophagus that held the lich-king, Raiyum, himself. His magical wards were powerful and his offensive spells were even more so. One of our party was killed by a wicked disintegrate spell as we slowly but steadily beat the lich into dust.

Exhausted, but victorious, we retrieved the phylactery, looted Raiyum's treasure chamber, and slogged back through the burning sands to Zawabi's Refuge. We presented the Djinn with the phylactery and he destroyed it, releasing Raiyum's soul and sending it to whatever hell would take it.

At this point Szavage arrived aboard an airship and we agreed to try to secure the Bowl of Blood held within a sacred Drow shrine deep in the Scar. (To be continued)

Sorry about last week. Looks like I will have to miss this week also. Szavage told me to get a real life, so blame it on him.

No no no. I just said "a life". Never said it had to be real.

Last week we had:

Sharteel
    Grimple
    Nimble
    Szavage
    Thornhill

We did a run through A Relic of Sovereign Past. Tough dwarves, but even without a dedicated healer we put the hurt on them. Szavage went through 2 blindness removal potions and got blinded yet a third time, but Nimble used his halfling dragonmark of heal to restore his sight. We got in a good rythym of laying down a web with a flame turret in it to aggro the dwarves inside, trap them, and then beat them to a pulp.

Nice. Morgann's looking good for XP so I'll probably skip that one.

Looking forward to next week.

Default Last week

Last weeks group was Grimple, Lyrra, Sharteel and Nimble.

While we were wating for more folks to show up we ran around the orchard, getting explorers and killing rares. Before we knew it, it was 9:30. We found all the explorers and collected enough taps for Lyrra to get her minos helm. Nimble guided us around the orchard, pointing out all the sights....(I think he was a little TOO famillar with the graves). See you later, Grimple

Default After Action Report

Let's see, we started off with:

Sharteel
    Szavage
    Grimple
    Lyrra
    Nimble
    Blackxfire

Black is joining our static group, he's a guildie of mine from G-Land. He is a Morninglord Elf Cleric. It was agreed that since we are all L15 (and many close to xp hard cap so 16-17 creeping up) it would be okay for an iconic to join us.

The six of us started out for Madstone Crater when Johnny-come-lately (aka Thornhill) shows up and squeeks "Hey guys wait for me! Where ya goin'? Can I come? Mom says you have to take me with you!". So what choice did we have? Grimple, not wanting to make Thornhill's mom upset, says something about being close to xp capped anyway so he logs off, presumably to go to his part time job as bartender where he is responsible for keeping the beer mugs frosty.

Madstone went well as we had blade barriers and flame turrets and paralyzing arrows and turn undead and all sorts of melee going on. Lyrra and Nimble were guides/leaders for those of us unfamiliar with the quest. We ended the night early-ish, about 9PM.

Just before we quit though, we had a visit from our old friend, Charlotte the Elven Bard. Charlette has been busy this summer, and is still L10, but may try to do some solo catch up questing so she can join us again on Thursday nights.

Default Sad News

Also on Thursday we recieved the news that our stalwart Paladin, Aga, will no longer be able to meet with us on Thursday nights. A new job has conflicted with his schedule.

I already asked if I could have his stuff, so the rest of you back off!

Serisouly though we will miss Aga and hope that our paths cross again some day.

Default Ship Name

Nimble pointed out that we get one free shot at naming our Guild Air Ship.

Post your ideas here and we'll see what everyone likes.

Nimble's suggestion of "Lyrra's Love Ship" has already been rejected, by Lyrra.

Default Ship Name

Point of clarification, the proposed name was "Lyrra's Love NEST"

Seriously, in keeping with the guild name, I would think something like:

The Traveling Wagon or The Guild Hall

A gypsy's wagon is sometimes calles a Vardo or Romani wagon......Food for thought

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Box Car 233.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

NAME RACE CLASS LEVEL ...............
    Lyrra HU PAL 15
    Morgann HU Drd/Mnk 13/2
    Grimple HU Sor 15
    Sharteel ELF? Bard/Rog/Ftr 6/5/4
    Thornhill HALF RAN 15
    Szavage WF ART 15
    "Chuck" HALF RAN 13
    Blackfire(sp?) ML CLR 15

Thornhill said something about a 'diplomatic mission' to Gianthohold for the Agents of Argonessen. So we broke into two groups, chatted with Cydonie, and teleported out to the land of the giants.

GROUP AWESOME! GROUP AWWWWW
    Morgann Grimple
    Lyrra Blackfire
    Sharteel Szavage
    Thornhill "Chuck"

Unfortunately negotiations with the giants broke down almost immediately after Thornhill shot a Hillgiant shaman in the face ("I was trying to brush that fly off his nose!"). So naturally we ended up killing everyone in the diplomatic party - and then everything else in sight. When everything was dead, we trekked out into the Gianthold wilderness to find yet more sentient races to kill.

Group Awesome routed a spider-infested troll lair, then proceeded to a charming vacation spot known as the Maze of Madness, which, or course, turned out to be filled to the brim with roid-raging Minotaurs who have yet to embrace the sanitary merits of the port-a-potty ("Watch your step Lyrra!" "Ewwwww!").

After that, Group Awwww reported how much fun they'd had slaughtering dwarves and elves in the Aurum stronghold of Patrick the Maniacal, so Group Awesome agreed to make a detour to join in the fun. Several of us got our Dwarf Slayer achievement en route to the final confrontation with Patrick, whose defensive tactic of falling into a pit backfired on him in a big way. Lyrra also got her Halfling Hunter achievement which unnerved Thornhill a bit, especially after she died and was reincarnated as an Orc.

Lyrra as an Orc was a hoot! Her charisma took a real hit, but watching her crush flagons of ale over Sharteel's head after winning the Gianthold Annual Burping Competition was the best!

Lyrra also got a tasty reward from the Agents of Argonessen: portable black hole. Morgann was a little jealous, but hopes if he kills enough goblins, orcs, dwarves, and giants next week he'll get a similar reward.

------------------

OOC: Which flagging quests for TOR have we run as a guild so far? Morgann needs all three, and it sounds like Lyrra and the rest of Group Awesome still need Cabal for One.
    Last edited by Postumus; 08-01-2014 at 11:31 AM.

In the Sonny & Cher motif:

"The Dark Lady"

"The Beat Goes On"

"The Salton Sea"

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    In the Sonny & Cher motif:

"The Dark Lady"

"The Beat Goes On"

"The Salton Sea"
    So far "The Dark Lady" gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    So far "The Dark Lady" gets my vote.
    Yeah I kinda like that too. DDO-ish and Sonny/Cher theme. Also sounds like something a 16th century ship might actually be named.

Another one is Half Breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    GROUP AWESOME! GROUP AWWWWW
    Morgann Grimple
    Lyrra Blackfire
    Sharteel Szavage
    Thornhill "Chuck"
    Correction, Team Names were:

GROUP AWESOME! and GROUP AWWWWSOMER!!!

Charlette (aka Chuck) also hit L13 by night's end.

Talking Ship Name

I am liking "The Dark Lady" the best of all the suggestions so far, myself.

And when did I become a Pally, wish somebody would have told me, all this time I thought I was a cleric... LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolf1 View Post
    I am liking "The Dark Lady" the best of all the suggestions so far, myself.

And when did I become a Pally, wish somebody would have told me, all this time I thought I was a cleric... LOL!!
    If it makes you feel any better, I thought I was playing a full elf bard, but apparently it's a half elf ranger.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast