Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I think we should run:

Captives
    Where there's smoke
    Shan-to-Kor
    3-barrel cove
    Depths
    Any free to play non-chain quests

No seriously, hadn't thought about it yet.

Sharn, Tangleroot, or Catacombs maybe?
    I actually have Sharn, Tangleroot, and Catacombs. I like the Sharn story. I've just started Tangleroot with the Sunday group and just finished Catacombs (another fun story). So, I'm good for any with the following caveat...
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Default I won't make Thursday either.

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    Just a heads up to all you Bigguns that Thornhill will not be able to make it this week. Y'all will just have to muddle through the best you can without his skill, wit and wisdom.

Good Luck - You Will Need It!
    What!!?!? That's it. I'm not showing up on Thursday either.

Seriously, I'm not. But it's because I have an after-work work thing. Not because of anything to do with Thornhill and his skill, wit or what passes for wisdom in this group.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I actually have Sharn, Tangleroot, and Catacombs. I like the Sharn story. I've just started Tangleroot with the Sunday group and just finished Catacombs (another fun story). So, I'm good for any with the following caveat...
    Any of those work. I'm not against 3BC any more either. You guys converted me.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Hey Book, sent you a PM. Highdragonlord finally replied to one I sent him, he said notifications weren't working for him. Just checking if you saw it or not.
    Yea I got it. Notifications DO work for me.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    Sounds like you guys managed to have a fun night. Sorry I didn't make it on.

My half lit and very verbose brother was playing the role of "The Guest Who Wouldn't Leave" regaling us with his story about killing his first doe this season. My daughter is very sharp for her age and proceeded to blast him for not even entering hand to hand combat with the ferocious beast. I'm not against hunting in any way, but watching a 9 year old dress down a grown man for sitting in a tree for hours to kill a defenseless deer was one of the proudest moments of my fatherhood. Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for all the good things in life and it was a moment my family will always remember, laugh about and cherish.

The icing on the cake was today when my brother dropped off 3 lbs of ground venison to us. The look on his face when my daughter walked into the room was priceless. I thought he was going to **** himself. Then she walked over to him, gave him a big hug and asked him if he wanted to stay for a deer taco dinner. My kid is something else.
    That's awesome. How were the tacos?

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    That's awesome. How were the tacos?
    Awesome. Venison was made for cumin, cilantro and hot sauce.

Note to self - feed the Deer cumin, cilantro and hot sauce before you shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Varhann View Post
    Awesome. Venison was made for cumin, cilantro and hot sauce.

Note to self - feed the Deer cumin, cilantro and hot sauce before you shot them.

Or hunt them with a shotgun using salt, cumin, and cilantro filled shot. Probably have to get pretty close though.

Default Vote Now or don't complain Thursday :p

Okay guildies and groupies, I'm trying not to make this a one-man show. It's a group effort, so I'm tossing out the following for Thursday Dec 12th, if you have a preference please say so, if not that's cool. No complaining on Thursday though, you should all be checking the thread at least on Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon for updates.

Since our group ranges between L4-6 (leaning towards 5-6) I suggest one of the following:

1. Sharn (L4 on normal, L6 on elite)
    2. Catacombs (L3-4 on normal, L5-6 on elite)
    3. Tangleroot (L3-7 on normal, L5-9 on elite, although it's unlikely we would finish the chain in one evening)

There are also a few tough stand-alone quests in this range, namely Irestone, Freshen the Air, and Proof is in the Poison.

Some quests I'd like to wait on until our characters are in the L6-7 range would be Delera, Three Barrel Cove, and Necropolis. I'd just as soon skip Carnival, but I will tag along kicking and screaming if everyone else wants to run it.

I'd just as soon skip Carnival, but I will tag along kicking and screaming if everyone else wants to run it.
    With the exception of the first one, the quests are pretty fun. I want to run it and I want to be in the same group as you when we run it so I can hear you complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    With the exception of the first one, the quests are pretty fun. I want to run it and I want to be in the same group as you when we run it so I can hear you complain about it.
    Hey hey hey! When I said "everyone vote" I didn't mean you. Now get back in your room until I call you.

Okay guildies and groupies, I'm trying not to make this a one-man show. It's a group effort, so I'm tossing out the following for Thursday Dec 12th, if you have a preference please say so, if not that's cool. No complaining on Thursday though, you should all be checking the thread at least on Wednesday night or Thursday afternoon for updates.

Since our group ranges between L4-6 (leaning towards 5-6) I suggest one of the following:

3. Tangleroot (L3-7 on normal, L5-9 on elite, although it's unlikely we would finish the chain in one evening)

There are also a few tough stand-alone quests in this range, namely Irestone, Freshen the Air, and Proof is in the Poison.

Some quests I'd like to wait on until our characters are in the L6-7 range would be Delera, Three Barrel Cove, and Necropolis. I'd just as soon skip Carnival, but I will tag along kicking and screaming if everyone else wants to run it.
    Sharn is fun even if we don't really need the rewards that much and they are pretty crappy for static groups. We are too high to have fun in Catacombs Agents of Storm ran that at level 6 and only the special rules for that group made it anything other than a snooze fest. I'm not a big fan of tangleroot.
    How about these quests for Thursday:
    Irestone
    Proof is in the poison
    Wisperdoom's spawn
    Then end with the depths chain

I vote for House P chain next week. I like it and it has good loot.

I'm good with any of them, even if we are over level.

I'm not concerned with the xp. I just want to have some fun and blow stuff up.

Hey hey hey! When I said "everyone vote" I didn't mean you. Now get back in your room until I call you.
    Your going to have to start stuffing him in a box "Gimp Style" if you don't want him to escape the room.

Default Tonight

Okay not much consensus on the quests - at least not between Postumus and Book_O_Dragons... lol - they both like and dislike the exact opposites. Varhann is okay with any, so am I.

Decisions decisions....

I am up for whatever we want to play, so I am of no help either, LOL. See you all in a few!

Okay not much consensus on the quests - at least not between Postumus and Book_O_Dragons... lol - they both like and dislike the exact opposites. Varhann is okay with any, so am I.

Decisions decisions....
    Grrr... I will probably be late. Work is awesome.

Decisions decisions....
    As I announced at the end of this week's group I am leaving the group for RL reasons so Varhann can do what he wants.

Nothing bad happened. I just want to do something I used to do on Thursdays again.

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    As I announced at the end of this week's group I am leaving the group for RL reasons so Varhann can do what he wants.

Nothing bad happened. I just want to do something I used to do on Thursdays again.
    Okay Book, I sincerely wish you the best. Thank you for giving our group a try, and thanks for your advice on my artificer build. Also, great job last night against Marguerite!

Default After Action Report

The night started off a bit slow, by 7:15PM only 5 members of Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves had logged in, with another one having some issues but trying to log in.

So at about 7:25, with the sixth man finally logged in, the following individuals set forth to solve a mystery in the Catacombs:

Szavage
    Forgetable
    Relem
    Sharteel
    Grimple
    Lyrra

Later in the evening a few others started a short man group (no, Thornhill was not there. Get it? Short man.... Halfling... *ahem* okay never mind).

I think the second group consisted of:

Vonsmash
    Morggan
    Abalurd

So group 1 proceeded to hack and slash and web and fire turret our way through the Catacombs. We completed the whole chain on elite, including killing Marguerite in chapter 2 part 4: "Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt". This was at the insistence of our crazy (but loved) Brit, Relem the Warforged Druid. As it turns out it was actually a lot of fun! We lured her back to the shrine, our Paladin took the agro, cleric and druid cast cure spells, arti kept a live fire turret going, and basically everyone hit her with everything we had. A couple times someone had to shrine right there next to her - but the only time this was a problem was when our pally had to shrine and the cleric ended up becoming the new target. After about 20 minutes we finally defeated her. We had one death during the encounter. This epic battle was really the highlight of a great night. Thanks to Relem for convincing us to take her on.

Red face Oopps!

After our guests went home we were trying to catch up on much needed sleep and we napped right through the Thursday night run! Apologies from both of us, nothing worse than cat-napping teammates while the rest of you fight the vermin. I'll add a LOUD reminder notice to my cell phone so we won't get caught snoozing again. [facepalm]

Also a question: We understand not to buy from vendors/auctions but are we allowed to use the potions that come from the daily dice rolls? No preference either way, just want to be sure before I make a mistake

Till Thursday!

The night started off a bit slow, by 7:15PM only 5 members of Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves had logged in, with another one having some issues but trying to log in.

So at about 7:25, with the sixth man finally logged in, the following individuals set forth to solve a mystery in the Catacombs:

Szavage
    Forgetable
    Relem
    Sharteel
    Grimple
    Lyrra

Later in the evening a few others started a short man group (no, Thornhill was not there. Get it? Short man.... Halfling... *ahem* okay never mind).

I think the second group consisted of:

Vonsmash
    Morggan
    Abalurd

So group 1 proceeded to hack and slash and web and fire turret our way through the Catacombs. We completed the whole chain on elite, including killing Marguerite in chapter 2 part 4: "Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt". This was at the insistence of our crazy (but loved) Brit, Relem the Warforged Druid. As it turns out it was actually a lot of fun! We lured her back to the shrine, our Paladin took the agro, cleric and druid cast cure spells, arti kept a live fire turret going, and basically everyone hit her with everything we had. A couple times someone had to shrine right there next to her - but the only time this was a problem was when our pally had to shrine and the cleric ended up becoming the new target. After about 20 minutes we finally defeated her. We had one death during the encounter. This epic battle was really the highlight of a great night. Thanks to Relem for convincing us to take her on.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast