Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Gaaaa...

Stop it!!! I feel bad enough as it is and now I miss... I miss... pizza!??!?!?!

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Aww shucks. Was looking forward to questing with an old friend, but I understand.

Default Updated Line Up

Okay, here is the line up now since LeadHero had to decline:

In order of declared interest (first come first joined):

Group 1
    Fedora1 - Szavage Techforged, Warforged Artificer
    Varhann - Abalurd the Unstable
    Hazlenut - Charlette Gale, Elven Bard
    DrowsworD -
    Relem -
    MrToast -

On Deck
    Shade_z
    Book_O_Dragons - Forgetable, Half Elf Paladin

Now it's possible we could run two groups of 4, but when r/l kicks in and someone misses we will either have to short man a group or run a full party of 6 and someone gets left out - neither are good options in my book. I guess we can sort that out on Thursday.

So here is the deal, all those who are still interested please be on Wayfinder at 7PM EST on Thursday and have your character created and ready to go. You can run Grotto or skip it, it's only about 500xp but you would get a few coppers and some heal potions, so the choice is yours. We will gather in the Wavecrest Tavern. Any who would like to join the newly created guild "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves" is welcome, but it will not be required.
    (EDIT - We will need to wait until the Korthos story is finished before joining the guild, as my guild leader cannot get to Korthos "snowy side".)

Again, let me repeat a few points from my first post:

What the intent IS

1. Fun with a static group.

2. A stress-free and relaxed gaming experience outside the PUG and zerg scene.

3. Take our time, enjoy the ride, but do not drag a quest out needlessly.

This will simply be a no-AH, no vendor, "use what you find" group with no questing outside the group.

PS - I think someone mentioned they can't start until 8PM. I would like to accomadate all schedules, but since we will be quitting around 10PM I think we will really want to start as ealy as possible. That said, often times people (including myself) run late, and by the time everyone remembers to get their ammo, sell off vendor trash, speak to the correct quest giver, etc. the actual start time could run 15-20 minutes later. So if anyone cannot start at 7PM, just log in when you can and join us. We will figure out if "catching up" is necessary or not. Most likely it won't be, as we are not necessarily all going to level up evenly anyway. Perhaps just flagging quests, but we can try to make sure everyone is present for those before we run them.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 11-06-2013 at 08:40 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council Hazelnut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    (EDIT - We will need to wait until the Korthos story is finished before joining the guild, as my guild leader cannot get to Korthos "snowy side".)
    If we hop the ship to Stormreach and then turn around and head back to Korthos, we are on sunny side to start. Besides, can't the guild leader send mail messages to invite us? We would still have to go to Stormreach to read them but there is that option.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    If we hop the ship to Stormreach and then turn around and head back to Korthos, we are on sunny side to start. Besides, can't the guild leader send mail messages to invite us? We would still have to go to Stormreach to read them but there is that option.
    This is a brand new guild, level 1. You can only invite by mail upon reaching guild level 5.

Yes, we can start in Korthos on sunny side if everyone wants to, not a problem.

Community Member

Just created a druid, and sitting in snowy side. Named Relem. Let me know if you want me on sunny.

Add another body to the count. Sharteel, rogue-multiclass, will be on snowy side. Not at home tonite, so no mic tonite and may be a little slow in preforming some roguely tasks as not in my normal setting.

Community Member

Default RL and bad weather

I got called out of town for work today. Speaking of snowy side I caught in bad weather snow storm. I hope to be on before the groups done if I can. Good luck to all happy hunting.

If there is room next week I have a barb and a assassin and a acrobat ready to go
    Last edited by mrtoast; 11-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relem View Post
    Just created a druid, and sitting in snowy side. Named Relem. Let me know if you want me on sunny.
    Due to my skipping the Gotto quest, we are starting sunny side. If any of you are actually newer than me, go to the docks, take the ship to Stormreach then back to Korthos Island. You can do this as soon as you are past the Gotto.

Community Member

Sorry guys, due to an outage at work I might not be able to join you guys today . I will try to be online if I get back home in time.

Default First Run

We had great participation last night, with six people showing up at 7PM that formed a group and four others that showed up at various times later in the evening which ended up forming a second party.

Everyone joined the new guild "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves", and by the end of the evening GTT had reached L4. I decided that everyone who joined us last night would be considered "plank holders" - an old navy term referring to the first crew to take a new ship to sea. Thus everyone was made an officer in the new guild.

Almost everyone made it to L3 by night's end. Here is the current roster:

Varhann - Abalurd L3 Sorcerer
    Shade_z - Blitzkrieg L2 Ranger
    Hazelnut - Charlette L3 Bard (Elf)
    Book_O_Dragons - Forgetable L3 Paladin
    ??????? - Grimple L3 Sorcerer
    Relem - Relem L3 Druid (Warforged)
    zman67 - Sharteel L1/1/1 Bard/Fighter/Rogue
    Fedora1 - Szavage L3 Artificer (Warforged)
    DrowsworD - Thornhill L3 Ranger (Halfling)
    mrtoast - Vonmash L3 Barbarian

I couldn't find the forum member name for the character "Grimple", my apologies if overlooked it.

So speaking for those that were able to start at 7PM (will refer to as Group1) it included:

Abalurd
    Charlette
    Grimple
    Relem
    Sharteel
    Szavage

Group1 was able to finish the Korthos story line just before 10PM, thus everyone had a chance to sell off junk, repair, and level up ready for next week. A few notes from the evening:

Our party does a lot of damage from range. Sharteel always beat Szavage to the traps/locks. By the time Szavage thought "Oh I could go search that trap" Sharteel had it disabled. Szavage is also (apparently) an uncaring master, he let his mechanical puppy die twice. By Misery's Peak, our sorcs were laying down the damage. Aside from the dog, their were no deaths during the adventures. Group1 quote of the night had something to do with a big bear butt in someone's face. This caused the party (including the bear) to break out in dance. lol

I will have to let someone from Group2 summarize their adventures and how far they got.

Observations:
    1. We are short on healers (no clerics, one Druid, one Bard). This won't hurt us early on, we shall see what happens as we progress.
    2. If we decide to do raids later, we may have to temporarily allow purchase of scrolls and healing potions.

Clarifications:
    1. Anything you can do with earned favor is allowed. Free Agent Thieves Tools, House P buffs, etc.
    2. You can purchase spell components and spell inscription material.
    3. You can use anything turned in from collectables found in quests.
    4. Recommend daily dice be used on alts, not GTT characters. However, if you have a shared bank and you think you may end up missing a night or two, you can use the xp prizes in lieu of soloing if (and I say "IF" only because I know some don't like to fall behind) you want to. Leveling up 100% at the same rate is not necessary, as long as there is not more than a 3 level spread IMO.

All-in-all I really had a good time. Thanks for all who participated!

Default Thursday Nov 14th

This Thursday we will meet in Stormreach harbor in the Wayward Lobster on Wayfinder. Starting time is 7PM for those that can make it. Otherwise log in when you can, we'll find a way to include everyone. Try to have your ammo, repairs (if you didn't do it last week), spells, leveling, enhancements, and free bags ready to go so we can jump right into some quests.

In case it has been a while since you played a low level character, the bags are no longer handed out by that chick near the Leaky Dingy, what's her name? Mari Mosshand? (As a matter of fact she no longer exists). You get your small bag of holding from Baudry who is now near the entrance to the Cerulean Hills. You get the small gen bag from Fitzpat the Fence , who is no longer in the Wayward Lobster, but just outside the Smuggler's Warehouse. The tiny ingredients bag is still available from the guy standing near the Harbor-to-Market gate.

Default What happened to Mari Mosshand?

This Thursday we will meet in Stormreach harbor in the Wayward Lobster on Wayfinder. Starting time is 7PM for those that can make it. Otherwise log in when you can, we'll find a way to include everyone. Try to have your ammo, repairs (if you didn't do it last week), spells, leveling, enhancements, and free bags ready to go so we can jump right into some quests.

In case it has been a while since you played a low level character, the bags are no longer handed out by that chick near the Leaky Dingy, what's her name? Mari Mosshand? (As a matter of fact she no longer exists). You get your small bag of holding from Baudry who is now near the entrance to the Cerulean Hills. You get the small gen bag from Fitzpat the Fence , who is no longer in the Wayward Lobster, but just outside the Smuggler's Warehouse. The tiny ingredients bag is still available from the guy standing near the Harbor-to-Market gate.
    What have you done to poor Mari? I thought she just went home after her shift.

Default Tonight

Reminder - Tonight at 7PM in the Wayward Lobster for all who can make it. I hope the inactivity in this thread is not indicative of a loss of interest already. I was hoping someone from the second group would have updated us on how they fared last week.

I did notice one character that was L2 at the end of last week is now L3, and it is probably due to the new XP spread.

As far as quests tonight, I am thinking we should jump on Water Works first. Or maybe Durk's to see if anyone can snag a muckbane.

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

I'd like to wait on waterworks at least 1 more week.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Reminder - Tonight at 7PM in the Wayward Lobster for all who can make it. I hope the inactivity in this thread is not indicative of a loss of interest already. I was hoping someone from the second group would have updated us on how they fared last week.

I did notice one character that was L2 at the end of last week is now L3, and it is probably due to the new XP spread.

As far as quests tonight, I am thinking we should jump on Water Works first. Or maybe Durk's to see if anyone can snag a muckbane.
    I'll be there but I'm still trying to decide if I want to run a cleric for the group.

I'm up for anything. Durks and WW sounds good to me.

Default After Action Report

Two groups ran quests concurrently last night. My party was made up of me (Szavage), Grimple, Relem, Vonmash, and Thornhill.
    The other group included Forgetable, Sharteel, Charlette, Abalurd, and Blitzkreigx.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

We ran the following quests but I forget what order:
    Durk's Got a Secret
    Garrison's Missing Pack
    Missing Tome
    Haverdasher
    Baudry Chain (3 quests)
    Information is Key
    Butcher's Path
    Kobold's New Ringleader

We had no character deaths in my group (I heard there was 1 death in the other group) but my dog did die once.
    Szavage had a critical failure on a trap disarm attempt that blew up for 61 points of damage almost killing him (-2 health) and wounding poor Relem who was minding his own business 20 feet away. lol

***Just a reminder, this static group is intended to be a CASUAL and RELAXED gaming experience outside the normal PUG and ZERG scene. My group ran at a moderate pace but at times we waited for each other to take care of business (spell preparation, purchasing supplies, leveling up, inventory maintenance, etc). This is how I intend it to be.***

Now there is no need to make a quest we've all done several times take forever to complete, but please don't run faster than necessary, don't leave others behind, don't clear rooms before team mates have a chance to realize you are a mile ahead, etc. We are not here to prove how uber fantastic we are. If you want to clear rooms ahead of everyone else without waiting for them, then you need to run it solo or in a PUG. Nothing wrong with that at all - but it's not fair to others who joined this group with expectations of team work and casual play. Not calling anybody out - we're all adults and I'm not a babysitter (nor do I play one on TV).

See you guys next week! Water Works is on the agenda, but I had a request to run Smuggler's Warehouse first for Free Agent favor - so let's do it!

Smuggler's Warehouse
    Water Works
    If time allows, let's hit the two quests in the Cerulean Hills last.

Default HEADLINE Thornhill Saves Merchant Warehouse - Urges Artisan Felmar to Continue Career

I got there just in time. The Bigguns tagging along with me had been making a mess of things in town while I was out doing some real work. I don’t remember her name, but she was a real piece of work.

I caught up with them in the Lobster about to bumble through another job. Some merchant named Baudry was having problems with kobolds – you know, those walking rats that go Yak-Yak and bring the property values down wherever they move in. He needed us to protect some big crate while one of his lackeys set up some traps. No problem for me.

The Bigguns (Szavage, Grimple, Relem, Vonmash) and I entered the warehouse and looked in all the other crates Baudry had there. There were lots of empty crates for some reason. This guy Baudry must not be much of a merchant, or the kobolds had already ripped him off.
    In the middle of the warehouse was this HUGE crate. I was itching to see what that thing held. We couldn’t find a way to open it without damaging it and we were asked to protect it. I had to keep telling one of the Bigguns with the BIG axe to stand away from the crate. He might have scratched it with that giant thing and then there goes our pay.

The kobolds kept pouring in. Luckily, I was there to pick them off with my bow, either killing them or weakening the buggers so the Bigguns could finish them off. The little yak-rats were after that big crate and would run right into a big axe or sword just to get to it. We finished them off with time to spare and collected our reward.

Baudry had some other work for us. Seems he found a warehouse where the pirate Hazadill was hiding his stuff and wanted us to go break up the pirate’s crates. Seemed like some fun so we took off. Again, I had to lead this group of big muscle through the storehouse and teach them how to really bust up some crates. This pirate either knew Baudry was on to him or isn’t a very good pirate since most of these crates were empty. What gives with that?

We found a secret room with a chest and took that for good measure. This guy Baudry pays pretty well and had one more job for us. We had to go back into the storehouse and find a crate that had been stolen by this Hazadill. No problem for me.
    The storehouse was empty last time but not this time. Hazadill had hired some kobolds, including shamans, warriors and sneaks, to protect the place, probably because I made mince of the place last time. I picked off shamans and throwers while the Bigguns killed the fodder and we were done with them in no time.

There was this one tricksy trap that the Bigguns finally figured out which allowed us to get to another chest. Darn thing was right where the chest was last time. These pirates never learn. Oh, and I also found Baudry’s crate, which he was grateful and paid well for.
    Our next job was for a butcher. It was kinda odd, this lady said the butcher needed a path that ran through the sewers and wanted us to clean it out. Not exactly my cup of ale but it was something to do. Can’t let these Bigguns get too idle or they tend to go soft. Not sure about that one guy either. He seems to have metal where there should be bone and wood where there should be skin. Wonder what he has for brains and heart.

The next job we took was for Garrison Felmar. The poor guy lost his tools down in the sewer and needed us to fetch them. What he was doing – or working on – in the sewers didn’t come up.

This one was full of surprises. The Bigguns did a good job of cleaning up after I damaged or nearly killed most of the kobolds we found. But there were also these weird oozy-sluggy things that came after us and would split in half if you hit them wrong. Their juices also damaged metal weapons if you weren’t careful.

I found several secret doors with some smelly lizard creatures – and kobolds of course. Some of these smelly guys were not bad with the magic so we had to be careful going around corners. Luckily the Bigguns were able to trap the kobold fodder while I picked off the baddest of them. We found several nice chests and Garrison’s tool bag near the end of the tunnels.

All in all a good days work. The Bigguns are coming along quite nicely and should be working as well as a team as I could hope for. We found some good stuff, made some coin and helped out several people in town that will spread the word. We may get some better jobs next time. I am about done with all this sewer crawling.

Thornhill

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Default VIP List

I just got VIP and think we should make a list of VIPs in the guild as a reference sheet.

VIPs:
    Forgetable (Me)
    Szavage (Fedora1)
    Abalurd (Varhann)
    Vonmash (mrtoast)

I'll add to this list with any other VIPs as I learn about them.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Default :)

Szavage Techforged considered himself at least vaguely familiar with fleshies. But the half sized one puzzles him. Why does he talk so much? Szavage thinks he now understands a term he heard long ago. "Short man syndrome".

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast