Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Exclamation Server Downtime: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Friday, November 1

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Friday, November 1st from 2:00 - 4:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for maintenance. Lamannia will remain up and available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

This is funny.
    I wish DDO would find ONE system to use to tell us stuff.
    Like the day we didnt get TP for favor,maybe you didnt see that because it was buried in the account thread.

Community Member

Is this the cleanup from mabar/fubar/mehbar/lagbar/lamebar? I saw the event had vanished earlier today.

PS: any chance of the mabar vendor (just the vendor) returning during the weekend for the people who have lots of motes but little time?

Community Member Arcanghakhyorsarthel's Avatar

OK...so is this an emergency thing or scheduled and someone kinda forgot to tell people?

Thought that this last minute stuff was....nevermind.

(logs off DDO in frustration)
    --Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Circon View Post
    Is this the cleanup from mabar/fubar/mehbar/lagbar/lamebar? I saw the event had vanished earlier today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanghakhyorsarthel View Post
    OK...so is this an emergency thing or scheduled and someone kinda forgot to tell people?
    i'm guessing its somthing else.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Umm, right, so what's so important that it has to be EU prime time, on a friday night, and with a whole hour's worth of notice?
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanghakhyorsarthel View Post

Thought that this last minute stuff was....nevermind.

(logs off DDO in frustration)
    In this case, "scheduled" means "don't worry it's not a server crash we hadn't anticipated".
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

nm
    - Kalevala of Khyber- Suomi Funland Perkele -

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Umm, right, so what's so important that it has to be EU prime time, on a friday night, and with a whole hour's worth of notice?
    Not to mention it's my birthday!!!
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    As usual exploit fixing, what else do you think? Everything else is Monday, 6 - 10 EST.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    As usual exploit fixing, what else do you think? Everything else is Monday, 6 - 10 EST.
    Exploit? I doubt it, last one ran weeks or even months. That could've waited till the new year.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Default =)

Quote Originally Posted by opensezame View Post
    not to mention it's my birthday!!!
    happy birthday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    This is funny.
    I wish DDO would find ONE system to use to tell us stuff.
    What? We have an accurate in-game World Broadcast messages system.
    Oh wait, i've just seen those messages pop up in this order:
    1) closed in 60 min
    2) closed in 45 min
    3) closed in 60 min (!!)
    4) closed in 45 min (!!)
    5) closed in 30 min

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    Upon this day I state without reservation that thou doth possess both the countenance and aroma of a simian.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Cool Happy Birthday

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    It's my birthday too!

Quote Originally Posted by TFPAQ View Post
    It's my birthday too!
    What are the odds...?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Default I can't believe i'm about to say this, but......

Turbine needs to take a page out of Cryptic's book and start doing WEEKLY maintenance/fixes at a regularly scheduled time and date (ie, Cryptic does theirs every Thurs @ 7am PST)

this would let them keep the servers more stable, and start hacking away at the Bugs (every week Cryptic's patch notes include AT LEAST 1-2 bug fixes)
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

I almost took the day off today because we're slow enough at work to afford me taking the day off and frankly I was due. My intention was to play DDO all day - just needed a day to screw around and unwind and DDO sounded like a fun way to do that. I would have been pretty upset if I'd burnt a day off specifically for that purpose with absolutely no indication from Turbine that we'd have down time and then a scheduled downtime is announced in the middle of the same day it's due to occur. If you guys have scheduled downtime can you please try giving at least a day of notice if not more? It didn't effect me at all this time but again, I have a life and if I want to play DDO for a longer period of time I have to schedule around that life. A little information goes a long way.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    Turbine needs to take a page out of Cryptic's book and start doing WEEKLY maintenance/fixes at a regularly scheduled time and date (ie, Cryptic does theirs every Thurs @ 7am PST)

this would let them keep the servers more stable, and start hacking away at the Bugs (every week Cryptic's patch notes include AT LEAST 1-2 bug fixes)
    They need to take a page out of Square-Enix's book and make servers that don't need to be taken down. FF11 would stay up for many months straight.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    If you guys have scheduled downtime can you please try giving at least a day of notice if not more?
    They gave us a whole 60 minutes worth of notice! Be thankful for what ya get.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast