Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simard View Post
    That would be despicable. I'm sure the OP would condemn that as well.
    I bet
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    +1 I lol'ed
    Very well, you can go first. My name is always Mistress Pookle, and the safe word is 'youcanhazmystuffs'. Not that I'll listen.

You should have realised this was coming when you clicked the 'Submit' button to log in.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

In a cozy little place just south of Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Pantronic View Post
    I say this totally sincerely... maybe you should take a step back and perhaps a break from DDO and clear your head. None of this is so important that a person should get so caught up in anger and resentment that they'd spend real money on stuff they don't even want just to prove a point.
    /signed

The only people who wouldn't agree to this is prob Turbine because they are making money off the OP
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Just how do you know it was an exploiter? How do you know it wasn't someone who did exactly what you wanted to do: bought low/sold high? How do you know it wasn't someone who *gasp* farmed for sellable goods? How does your purchasing anything prove it was an exploiter doing the selling?

Again, thanx for the warm buttery goodness that is this thread
    Common sense. There are those that say why didn't you know at 2x? Then there is you that would have had to duplicate it 100x. Again, common sense.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Of course not. The exploiters - and the people who have benefited from the exploit - should trash their ill-gotten booty. When are you gonna trash yours?
    Nice to see we agree.

Default Beat that horse....

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Last night on the Cannith server I saw a newly listed True Globe of Imperial Blood at what seemed like a decent price, 150 astral shards, so I bought it. Well 5 mins later I saw another one reposted at the same price, so I bought it. Again, 5 mins after that a 3rd one was listed, and even though I didn't need it I decided to prove whether the exploit dupers were profiteering off the rest of us. Well this repeated until I bought five of them at 150 astral shards a piece and called it quits. It's obvious Turbine didn't sufficiently go after the cheaters and all of us non cheaters will pay the price. That cost me 750 astral shards, or ~$75 real money, while the duper spent nothing and is laughing about his $75 of free turbine money. No doubt he probably has a stack of 10,000 of them and will repeat this for the next two years, essentially meaning he can buy anything and everything off the astral shard auction house he wants.

Really Turbine???
    That poor poor horse, he is already dead but they keep beating him.....

Nice to see we agree.
    Nice side-stepping of the question. I will repeat what rayworks has said, have you trashed yours?
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Common sense. There are those that say why didn't you know at 2x? Then there is you that would have had to duplicate it 100x. Again, common sense.
    You spent $75.00 on 5 consecutive purchases of what you increasingly believed to be fraudulently obtained goods; and you're touting common sense? So what now do you intend to do with these "obviously" duped Globes? Use them? Sell or trade them? Delete them? I'ld suggest shoving 'em somewhere, but common sense tells me your head's taking up most of the room...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Nice to see we agree.
    So when you gonna trash your ill-gotten gains from the exploiters?

Community Member

You spent $75.00 on 5 consecutive purchases of what you increasingly believed to be fraudulently obtained goods; and you're touting common sense? So what now do you intend to do with these "obviously" duped Globes? Use them? Sell or trade them? Delete them? I'ld suggest shoving 'em somewhere, but common sense tells me your head's taking up most of the room...
    Brown augment slot duping is clearly ruining it for the rest of us.

I bought one, and it seemed cheap. Then another one popped up, just like it. So I bought that one. Then another one! Wow, it's raining not-overly cheap thingies~I better buy it! Boom, another one~woohooo~bought. Another! Bought. And another! Bought.

Wait...wait...wait...how come so many for not-sooooo cheap?

Oh, no! I just spent a lot of real life money for the same thing over and over and over! And Turbine takes 30% of every shard spent on the ASAH.

Damn you, dupers! Damn you for my actions!!!

Community Member Th3ThirdFall3n's Avatar

Lightbulb

Last night on the Cannith server I saw a newly listed True Globe of Imperial Blood at what seemed like a decent price, 150 astral shards, so I bought it. Well 5 mins later I saw another one reposted at the same price, so I bought it. Again, 5 mins after that a 3rd one was listed, and even though I didn't need it I decided to prove whether the exploit dupers were profiteering off the rest of us. Well this repeated until I bought five of them at 150 astral shards a piece and called it quits. It's obvious Turbine didn't sufficiently go after the cheaters and all of us non cheaters will pay the price. That cost me 750 astral shards, or ~$75 real money, while the duper spent nothing and is laughing about his $75 of free turbine money. No doubt he probably has a stack of 10,000 of them and will repeat this for the next two years, essentially meaning he can buy anything and everything off the astral shard auction house he wants.

Really Turbine???
    "So I saw this guy with a bat once. He just had it there, and I told him, 'Hey, hit me!'
    He did as I asked, and struck me right in the shoulder. I didn't die(not right away anyway)
    so I looked at him again and said, 'Do it again! But harder!' He proceeded to hit me 2 more times,
    but I had yet to be so severely injured that I couldn't function properly. I looked at him once more
    and with a passion in my eyes declared, 'I bet you can't send me to the hospital!' I saw the bat fly
    towards my face but can't remember much after that. Needless to say my brain is the smarter
    but I sued him for doing something totally unnecessary to me, despite the fact that I asked for it."

I would assume that there might be a race coming out soon that will come with a penalty to
    intelligence. Might wanna check that out for your next toon.
    The Photomancer, Zerg Tribe's resident piking pirate.
    (Tell): Abbinormal tells you, 'thank you for opening my eyes to what people think of teamwork, for bringing to the light what this game really is, have it all you want, as soon as i log out, I am removing this garbage from my computer'

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Pardon the interruption but a 30% cut is not a minute drain, and that's ignoring all the people using them for resetting/repairing in quests/gold rolls/Loot rerolls and etc.) and the only way shards get created any more is from people buying them. The initial pool has probably already been absorbed. Considering not that many people had more than an odd Diamond or two, or a couple dice roll wins.

Believe it or not DDO actually has one of the better economic systems (of the MMO's I've played). People love to say plat is worthless, yet I've sold Otto's boxes for millions, and somehow managed to spend all of those millions twinking out alts, to the point where I felt the desire to do it again with a Bigby's box. The people I know in game who have no use for plat are also prone to say things like "I never buy anything on the AH" "I always farm what I want" and one even says "I don't even gear a TR until I get to green steel level, I just run in Korthos gear". Plat capped on all toons and no use for it, is not typical of most players I'd wager.

Oh and to the person who said Shards are valueless... I think you don't understand what value is or how it is determined. Suffice to say anything we value at all, has value. If someone else wants it, but doesn't have it, and I have it, it has value, it has value to me, and value to the person who wants it and that is all that is ever required.
    Same person.
    You mentioned Otto's boxes, but forgot that there's 65 shards EXPLOITIVELY DUPLICATED (tongue in cheek) every time you open one.

Desire, covetousness, want is an intangible, un-quantifiable abstract.

"So what's it worth to you?"

Now, extract that worth. Exchange that worth. You can't, except via the ASAH which as you point out, is a 30% drain to play that game. Shards have no intrinsic worth to them. Their value is not inherent to themselves; it is only given value through the context of the ASAH, a vendor, or in-game repairs/transports. All astral shards are is a new avenue to get deeper into your wallet to play DDO. Outside of DDO they are worthless and meaningless, and inside much of DDO they are worthless as well.

The dollar has value only because the Federal Reserve says that it will back it as a form of tender in all legal contexts.
    Water is worthless to a drowning man - in context.

Suffice to say, if astral shards really had some worth and value to them, why aren't they on eBay?
    (because you can't exchange them person to person)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    So when you gonna trash your ill-gotten gains from the exploiters?
    If Turbine wants to refund me my points spent and take the globes that is great. This should be done at the same time they hunt down the person who duped them and sold them.

Community Member

And you are touting common sense by having the exploiters keep their stuff? Yeah, you have a lot of it...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I bought one, and it seemed cheap. Then another one popped up, just like it. So I bought that one. Then another one! Wow, it's raining not-overly cheap thingies~I better buy it! Boom, another one~woohooo~bought. Another! Bought. And another! Bought.

Wait...wait...wait...how come so many for not-sooooo cheap?

Oh, no! I just spent a lot of real life money for the same thing over and over and over! And Turbine takes 30% of every shard spent on the ASAH.

Damn you, dupers! Damn you for my actions!!!
    So what is your point? That you would have know after 2x? 3x? Good for you. Point is Turbine said they were going to remove these items from the game and go after the exploiters. Obviously they still have more work to do.

Community Member

Wow I read this one all day.

To the OP... have you taken your meds today?

It just seems like you are off in no-where land defending something that's not worth defending.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blaze44 View Post
    Wow I read this one all day.

To the OP... have you taken your meds today?

It just seems like you are off in no-where land defending something that's not worth defending.
    What exactly is it I am defending? Seems like there are some people here defending the exploiters.

Community Member

And you are touting common sense by having the exploiters keep their stuff? Yeah, you have a lot of it...
    No one is saying that. incidentally, it's possible to be on the correct side of an argument (exploiters vs non) and still go about it in a silly way.

Default I hate the ASAH!

Man who really gives a rats ass? The astral shard AH can die for all i care! It was probs Turbine who posted those Globes! Would not put it past em!
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast