Community Member

Default Bring more fun with training dummies

1. Weapon samples
    Add training dummy area in weaponry store(s). Player will enter a new small instance (like the quest Hall of the Marks), and there's a barter interface to purchase named weapon samples, and test them on the dummies.
    Several different dummies are placed in the trial room. Roughly based on the average abilities (fortifications, dodge,... etc) of different difficulties (normal, hard, elite,... epic normal, epic hard, epic elite, red-named, purple-named), so that players can understand how effectively this weapon could be in real trial, not merely number calculations.

However, please also revise the detailed specifications of wielded weapons in the user interface. With the introduction of new enhancement system, some additional bonus / expanded threat range / critical multiplier aren't shown correctly.

2. Customized dummy skins. Only available on guild airship.
    a. Elminster. 10AS per contract, he yells "Don't hit a poor old man that hard, I assure....I assure! I will include a Celestia and a Pinion in your next 20th completion list!" when players strike him critically.
    b. Coyle. 5AS per contract. Every player has been fed up sufficiently, and now it's time to strike him down instead of to protect him. Surely he will utter his famous quotes when being hit hard.
    c. Fred. 1AS per contract. Why this idiot just refuses to swap my 2nd toughness feat? Bashing him in the tentacular face might correct his short-circuited brain nerves.
    d. The skin of Gnomon the rakshasa. Players can put Rakshasa Hide armor in stone of change to transform it into this skin and use on a training dummy.
    e. There definitely shall be an option for kobold skin.
    f. et cetera.....

I think it'd be neat if there was simply an interface where you could set stats for the dummy -- Fort, Resistances, HPs, immunities, etc.

A Coyle Dummy would likely be a great seller though.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    I think it'd be neat if there was simply an interface where you could set stats for the dummy -- Fort, Resistances, HPs, immunities, etc.
    Yes. An adjustable dummy would be ideal. However, such an all-rounded design conflicts against the game circumstance (such as,.... the barter interface in the Cove and Mabar with countless clicks). On the other hand, I really don't want to see merely one simplified dummy for the trial usage. So, eventually I revised my original suggestion to this one.
    Last edited by Mjolnyr; 11-01-2013 at 05:37 PM.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Smart Dummy

I was ponding an upgraded smart training dummy.

Allow for it to be intimated (low DC 15 or something) and have it "agro" (light beam towards highest threat target) on who has the highest threat.

The smart training dummy would keep tract of threat / agro and shift as determined by hate generation.

Give it good XP - maybe Harry normal -

That way we can "test" tank builds and see how affective it is to change gear, pull agro and keep, etc...

At the end of the beat down - the target with agro gets a ship buff of +X intim...

Calling Sarlona my home - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddo.borguild.com
    Alts - Propane, Kerosene, Hexane, JA, Waulter, Acetylene, CNG, LPG, Woodpile, Hexyne, Dilithium Crystal, Geothermal, TidalPower, Windpower, Natural Gas, Antimematter, and Coaldust (and a few others)

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    Perhaps something along the lines of the LFM panel - instead of choosing a quest and Normal/Hard/Elite, you could choose an enemy and Normal/Hard/Elite and the dummy would get the enemy's fort/resist/immunities/etc. (Maybe even transform into a dummy-sized version of said choice?)

I'd also like some kind of pop-up that would tell you what your average DPS was.
    Last edited by ssgcmwatson; 11-09-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnyr View Post
    c. Fred. 1AS per contract. Why this idiot just refuses to swap my 2nd toughness feat? Bashing him in the tentacular face might correct his short-circuited brain nerves....
    Unless they borked this recently- That actually fixed this a few updates ago